Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

What do you look for in a registrar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

owen

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
A little market research on my end.

When you register a domain name, what is it that you are looking for?

Is price the biggest factor? Services offered with the domain? Additional payed services offered by the registrar? Support?

What do you see as strong points for the current registrars out there? Weaknesses?

What would your perfect registrar do for you?

Thanks guys and gals,
Owen

gump

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Accepts my credit card(eNom sucks!)> subdomain forwarding> price > customer service

Spider

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am looking for Enom service with prices at $5. Can you offer this? :D

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I look for big bazongas and red hair. :)

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I look for great support and the ability to easily transfer domain ownership.

RMF

Domainaholic

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
One thing only - Support.
You domain has problems - can their support help you?
Stolen domain or accounts - their support care?

The rest is just advertising and hype.

JoDomains

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I look for customer service. It's the most important issue with domain names. You don't want to run into problems with your DN because you prefered a registrar that's $1 or $2 cheaper.

Services provided is important too. Free forwarding, free email...etc is a big bonus

Donna Mahony

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
All of the above are important. Another thing to remember though is that it is a competitive market. I use about 6 registrars and NEVER pay the advertised rate...negotiate!!!!

owen

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Excellent replies. Thanks.

I assumed customer support was the most important issue followed by price and services offered for free with the domain name.

Some of you may remember me from NameWinner. I helped start that site at Dotster before moving to SnapNames. I have recently accepted a job as CTO (among other things) at DomainSite.com (no we will not be offering a drop service). We are currently a small registrar with only about 20,000 names registered. The company itself has been in business since 1999, basically since they opened the door for others to offer COM/NET/ORG registrar services. There is now a new owner and he has hired me to come in and help shake things up for the better.

We have three part time support personnel (over kill for our current order volume but worth it) and best of all, a 1-800 number that gets answered by a human. You can change ownership for a domain all you want and I think we offer more services with your domain name than any other registrar. We do not offer domain names at cost or at a rate that is not profitable for us.

Thanks for the input and I'll be seeing you around on the board. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to email me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom