Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

What do you make of this? JeniferLopez.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

lux

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Subject: SnapNames auction for jeniferlopez.com

Dear SnapNames customer,

The following notice is purely advisory; no action is required by you.

An attorney representing Jennifer Lopez has contacted SnapNames regarding the auction for the name listed above. They inform us that their client claims rights to this name typo notwithstanding, and will seek to enforce the claimed rights. While such notice in and of itself is not at all indicative as to any rights in a name, potential buyers may want to take into account the fact that we received such notice. As such, if you wish me to make certain you do not end up as high bidder in this auction please let me know. Otherwise, you may ignore this email and no response is necessary.

SnapNames has no opinion as to the merit of the claim, nor do we make such determinations. This is not legal advice; you may want to consult your attorney for an opinion regarding the domain name in question. It is your sole responsibility to investigate the risk of a potential trademark or related issue prior to registering a domain name. We offer this notice because we have had customers lose names acquired through us in disputes and we do not refund for this.

If you have any questions or concerns you may contact me via email or at the cell number below. If you wish to be removed from the auction or to make sure you are not the winning bidder let me know.

I'm not sure if this is legit or someone just trying to scare other bidders away. Why haven't they pursued legal action on the domain name before this auction?

I was seriously planning on bidding as I help run a very active Jennifer Lopez fan site, and if we were to win we were going to redirect jeniferlopez.com to our already-established url.

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
surprise surprise... lol :)

i just double checked the header, and it is indeed from nelson.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Please explain Mike....

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
jdk said:
Please explain Mike....

it's not a spoof/hoax from somebody trying to get an edge in on the auction or anything like that, it was indeed sent from snapnames --- they warn people when they are contacted by lawyers...so nice of em. don't think enom/pool does this ;)

they sent out another one the other day for scarymovie2.com which is in auction right now warning...etc.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Interesting. Wouldn't they pull the auction if they were contacted?

lux

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I know the email is definitely from SnapNames. But how far did they go to verify that it was actually Lopez's lawyers who contacted them?

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
mike031 said:
heh, don't think so...

Why the **** not?

So domainers are the "evil cybersquatters" for bidding, but these assholes that peddle such shit are clean as Pakistani virgins?

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sasquatch said:
Why the **** not?

So domainers are the "evil cybersquatters" for bidding, but these assholes that peddle such shit are clean as Pakistani virgins?

i wonder that too... :cool:

kjel from snap addressed this issue already a while back though, so here it is;

http://www.dnforum.com/post19-post-558886.html

oh, and if nobody would of placed a backorder on that domain then snap would of had nothing to do with that domain, if somebody did...or multiple people, then they know whats going on and snap provides a service, and acquires it and auctions it off accordingly. why are you going off at em? this is nothing new... lol :wink:

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
mike031 said:
if nobody would of placed a backorder on that domain then snap would of had nothing to do with that domain,

People place snaps because that's what Snapnames are for. If they didn't exist people wouldn't be placing the orders, so what's older here, chicken or an egg?

mike031 said:
why are you going off at em?

Because these people are nothing but pimps. Domain pimps. They profit on TM names and nobody is bad mouthing them like they do individual domainers.

mike031 said:
this is nothing new... lol :wink:

No it's nothing new, but it pisses me off when they can and are profiting on domains which they received legal warnings for? That is so wrong. I hope Verisign gets the control of .com and .net drops so these little "let's get as much money as we can in these dirty, muddy, unregulated waters, while we can" fly-by night greedy niche operations disappear forever.

Dave Zan

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
lux said:
I'm not sure if this is legit or someone just trying to scare other bidders away. Why haven't they pursued legal action on the domain name before this auction?

Maybe they did when the domain was in redemption period. Who knows?

Hmm, I should've told my friend Jenifer Lopez to BO that name and put up her
bio site if she wins. :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom