Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

what do you think about .mobi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cursal

MomsDigest.com For Sale!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For mobile browsers the default will be set to .mobi

You will NOT have to type domain.mobi, just domain and the Browser will BY DEFAULT add the .mobi ext.

I suppose you can change the default, but really I don't honestly think people will change it. They are either lazy, not "tech savvy", don't even know that is how it works.

Just look at how many people will take the first thing on their desktop for a browser. The OS dumps Safari or Explorer on their desktop so that's what they use.

I still don't think this will kick off for a few years, but it will be around.

labrocca has also raised a very good point about value...But if the .mobi is getting the first choice by default via the mobile device world, well that sounds like a great benefit for the extension to me.

It kind of reminds me of when MS was getting hell for having IE in their OS. People were complaining all over the place that it was unfair business, but it is theirs and they can set it how they want. I think same will go for mobile OS.

Another example is the computer wireless world (keyboards, mice, headsets) there was no standard. The 802.11 freq....Then bluetooth took it and now that what people often call it. Wireless and BlueTooth start to become synonymous.

.mobi could take the mobile device world, but not for some time to come.
Let us also consider how it is/will be marketed & who teams up with it could make it or break it.

But only time will tell, for now .com is King without question.

Domain Days 2024

mistermouse63

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
italiandragon said:
and what about .tel just approved?

same crap, different package:tounge_smile: I wonder why they release these extension... functionality? at least for now it probably will be anything but functional

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom