Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

What does it mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

acronym007

Thankful!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's like putting ebayz.com for sale on eBay.

Think about the above for moment. Makes allot of sense!

Let's define a Trademark:
A trademark is a word, symbol, or phrase, used to identify a particular manufacturer or seller's products and distinguish them from the products of another

Let's define an Infringing mark:
Trademark infringement is a violation of the exclusive rights attaching to a trademark.
The "infringer", uses a trademark which is identical or confusingly similar to a trademark owned by another party

Does sedoz dot com sound like sedo, does it have anything to do with domains?

What this person did was dilute the trademark of Sedo and that is confusingly similar, by parking at Sedo servers alone. There is no way for Joe public to discern the difference.

If the owner of Sedoz dot com put a ice shop website they could have been safe, they might have a right because it is not the same thing, not the same service or product, not confusing to the public.

However, it's important to mention also that the rights of the Trademark holder are especially prevalent where the name used is a fanciful term, a unique term such as; Sedo, Afternic, Nike, Reebok, eBay, Microsoft, Xerox, Kodak, etc... These names are recognized in their respective industries.

DNQuest.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I actually know what im talking about, we dont live in Africa.. ICANN is formed in USA... We have rights ...

Consumers and TM holders have rights to. Or don;t they count?

I was a little testy last night, but still stand by my post. The OP listed a confusingly similar TM on the TM site to PARK AND SELL the domain (to make moeny for someone else's hard work). So basically, the OP wanted to profit off of a similar TM on the TMs own site... common sense people.. common sense.

I too, do not live in Africa, but if I did, I would still know what the OP did was not a smart thing to do. lol

I would love to break out a "read my sig" tag line here...

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I doubt it gets much if any traffic anyway so who cares!? and BATMAN..for the record, you are clueless dude :eek:k:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom