Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

What Has Happened To Dnf?

FSNet

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
As you can see, I have been a paid member here since 2002... That's over 12 years.

What has happened to DNF? The forums are dead and a shell of what they used to be.

What was the downfall of DNF?

Upvote 0

domainoid

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
@visit- theo's humor is still very much alive on dnf lol where have you been?
@David Walker- some people pushing the newest extensions like all dnf users were newbies can be a pain.
@BelgianGuru- don't know which mod has been tough on you but i don't think of them as cops on the forum although they do need to do some "policing" if you want to call it a name lol. "forum-cops-moderators the enemies of the forum?" quite harsh on the mods don't you think? :D

do think you don't get as many good "domains wanted" threads as you used to and that's bad for resellers. on the same note "domains for sale" advertised used to be of better quality imo and you'd see more good names coming on all the time but not so much anymore.

BelgianGuru

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
@domainoid, it could look like harsh words;
"forum-cops-moderators" refer to moderators enforcing forum policies,
so the root cause is usually forum policies,
and/or the poster not knowing what was wrong in the first place

i don't think DnForum is not that bad when it come to moderating, just lacking communication,
and i was more addressing the question of "where are the posters gone"

icedude

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
after a few posts, you realize that DnForum is managed by Forums Cops-Moderators;
and "Forums Cops-Moderators" are the enemies of forums in the first place

And, what other forums are you a member of?

Dnf has the most laxed mods of ANY forum I've been a member of... Member first, Mod second moderators.... imo

ImageAuthors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Blogs are more popular than they were; so most of the serious industry discussion happens outside the forums. Most of all, the domainer-to-domainer wholesale market has all but vanished in 2014, which means less of a dollar incentive to visit.

Honestly, it doesn't much matter "what happened" to the old DNForum. It will either get better or get worse, depending on what members and management contribute ... or don't.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom