Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

What in the hell is NameMatch? Why are my names Listed For Sale?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bgmv

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just checked this out - a few of mine show up as well...WTF? i dont remember agreeing to this nor did i sign up for this, big no no GoDaddy

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
THREE THINGS:

Someone from GoDaddy will be addressing the members. Rather than speak for him, I will let him introduce himself.

This may be an issue with Afternic listing names from their EXPANDED service

The steps I outlined to disable this feature do not work. All names are still showing up on NameMatch

pen

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

Paul Nicks, Director of Product Development at Go Daddy here. NameMatch is a new feature that Go Daddy is quite proud of that tries to match domains currently at auction to those in your account. The first thing we try to do is match alternate TLDs to your current registrations, and we also offer suggestions based on keyword matching.

It has never been our intent to list domains without the owner's consent, and all domain names that we list and suggest were actively listed as available for auction by the owner. However, there are times where a domain can be listed on our site or via a partner auction listing service and not removed by the original owner, even if the domain name is no longer available. If the domain changes hands, it's the responsibility of the original owner to cancel the old auction listings, but that sometimes doesn't happen.

When we designed NameMatch, we added a check to ensure that the logged in Go Daddy Auctions member was not presented with domains that they had listed on our site in order to avoid this sort of confusion. Unfortunately, we didn't account for old listings or for partner listings. We are working now to rectify this situation with regards to NameMatch specifically and the Go Daddy Auctions platform as a whole.

If you have specific questions or concerns, please PM me directly.

-Paul

allroundguy

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The one I posted images of is my domain with a Buy It Now price of $2,999.

Sorry, but I am not ready to give up BiologicalInformation.com for $2,999.

And a .net geo was priced in my account at a valuation of $22,000.00 but the recommended selling price was like $13,000.

It was ridiculously overpriced.

So You would not sell for $22,000.00?

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So You would not sell for $22,000.00?
Of course I would sell if someone would offered that amount.

But, there is greater risk of scarring off any potential buyer from making an offer.

I would estimate 99.99999% of people would not pay that amount.

If those are the prices listed, my bet is that it would scare off any potential buyers and other reasonable offers.

These seemingly accurate appraisals are all bogus, just as the valuation of another geo .com is valued at about $700.

Am I to sell that one as well for $700?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom