Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

What is a ´regular´ CTR at Adsense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talkhost

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I have some sites with <1% and cpc is poor, I have other sites averaging 5-6% CTR and the cpc seems to be better.. I've never had any sites above 5-6% so I'd welcome any tips :)

Domain Days 2024

demo

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Page impressions - 41,941
Clicks - 404
Page CTR - 0.96%
Page eCPM [?] - $2.92
Earnings - $122.32

My miniplayer for last 6 weeks, what can I do to improve?

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think it depends on what kind of site you have. If you have a site with interactive content - like forums, games, videos, etc. then you will probably have a lower CTR because people are there to use the content. If you have a 'generic' domain that people are typing in with hopes of finding more info - and on that page you have a related article and photos, with well placed adsense boxes, then your CTR will probably be higher. I have a few generic domains on simple one page sites that are just a subject related article + photos, and the ads are placed high on the page, and along the right border. These kind of sites get higher CTR for me. It's better than parking the domains because this way I can control the content and have the pages listed in search engines.

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My miniplayer for last 6 weeks, what can I do to improve?

Here's a few ideas:

- move your adsense boxes to the right side of the page from the left
- put an adsense link box 468x15 at the top of your page, like a menu bar
- surfers are usually mousing along the top and right sides of the page, so that's where I'd put the ads
- put some adsense in your forum
- change your adsense coloring to match your site coloring, or vice versa. Personally I prefer blue text on a white background for adsense because it stands out better
- put an adsense box at the bottom of the page, maybe a 468x60, so there is something there for the people who like to scroll to the bottom of the page. you're allowed three ad boxes on your page
- use the adsense referral program - put some text links on your site for firefox, photo software, etc.
- I think you can add more adsense advertising to this site and still keep it looking tasteful, good luck

snicksnack

DomainersChoice.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
With a little bit over 500,000 impression in July I got a CTR of 1.92%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom