Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

What is the minimum Google keyword search volume that impresses you...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcristo

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Big P: I've come to understand now that that the Google "Broad" search is far less impressive than the "Exact" match search. My 136,000 number was returned using the Broad search - the Exact search yielded comparatively dismal results. But I'm glad at least I know now :)

I could have guessed it was broad match you were referring to. Rare to find a .com with such a high search volume available (with any kind of development potential)

This is one of the more interesting threads I have read.

Warren2 your comments are too valuable to leave you a a Gold, welcome to Platinum,

-=DCG=-

Nice gesture. Talk about making a valuable post! ;)

Warren2

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Warren2 your comments are too valuable to leave you a a Gold, welcome to Platinum,

-=DCG=-
Now I feel truly honoured, that is a much appreciated, especially from a "forum lurker" like me who feel like I never post anything of value to anyone else! :)<!--[if gte vml 1]><v:shapetype id="_x0000_t75" coordsize="21600,21600" o:spt="75" o:preferrelative="t" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" filled="f" stroked="f"> <v:stroke joinstyle="miter"/> <v:formulas> <v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"/> <v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"/> <v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"/> <v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"/> <v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"/> <v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"/> <v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"/> <v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"/> <v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"/> <v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"/> <v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"/> <v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"/> </v:formulas> <v:path o:extrusionok="f" gradientshapeok="t" o:connecttype="rect"/> <o:lock v:ext="edit" aspectratio="t"/> </v:shapetype><v:shape id="_x0000_i1025" type="#_x0000_t75" alt="" style='width:11.25pt; height:11.25pt'> <v:imagedata src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\SONGVA~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtml1\01\clip_image001.gif" o:href="http://www.dnforum.com/images/smilies/greensmile.gif"/> </v:shape><![endif]--><!--[if !vml]--><!--[endif]-->

<!--[if gte vml 1]><v:shape id="_x0000_i1027" type="#_x0000_t75" alt="" style='width:11.25pt;height:11.25pt'> <v:imagedata src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\SONGVA~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtml1\01\clip_image002.gif" o:href="http://www.dnforum.com/images/smilies/blushing.gif"/> </v:shape><![endif]--><!--[if !vml]--> I have one question though, (which I now feel slightly embarrassed to ask about :blush:). I received a newsletter from DNForum some time ago with a discount offer and I figured I would take the chance and upgrade my membership to Exclusive because I am enjoying these forums so much. However, this was several days ago and I haven't heard anything since I paid for an upgrade. I actually contacted support also a couple of days ago to ask if they knew what happened to my upgrade... Maybe you can look into it DCG and even turn me into a (still very proud!) Exclusive member? :D <!--[if gte vml 1]><v:shape id="_x0000_i1026" type="#_x0000_t75" alt="" style='width:11.25pt;height:11.25pt'> <v:imagedata src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\SONGVA~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtml1\01\clip_image003.gif" o:href="http://www.dnforum.com/images/smilies/grin.gif"/> </v:shape><![endif]--><!--[endif]-->

RedTruck

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I always look at the estimated avg. CPC in addition to the average search volume on the Google keyword tool. It gives you a good feel for the commercial viability of the keyword combination. You could have a combo that gives great search results but lousy CPC, indicating that no advertisers are interested in keywords. Conversely, you might have a combo that has small potatoes avg search but huge CPC, indicating a small but potentially lucrative niche.

The way things are these days, CPC doesn't reflect real-world returns from Adsense, but it's still an indication of keyword desirability to advertisers.

zabijaq

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Depends on several factors.
For example

Some keyword even with nice search volume doesn't create type-in traffic for .coms
Then value of click is important, it's like inverse multiplier, higher keyword value, less searches needed.

I would take few hundreds searches from wordtracker (as it has plural and singular results separated) for good keywords. This is "atleast" :)

Domainers

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Interesting question and discussion.

Anything more than 10 clicks/day for the perfect keyword combination in the domain is pretty interesting I think, especially if the bid prices are high.

Warren2, do you mean the exact match type or broad match, by 10clicks/day a day, its 300 avg. per month right? and what if a domain Approx Avg. Search Volume is more than 1000 (33 clicks/day), is this a good domain to register or to buy?

Does it make any difference if the domain is a .com, .net, .org or .info?
Like I want to buy/register a .com domain with a keyword with 2000+ Approx Avg. Search Volume but only .info is available, then what should I have to do?

I started this month so I need to know some tips to buy good keywords domain name. I usually buy dropped and expiring domains. What should I have to check when buy/register a domain, like google approx avg. volume, approx search volume, insights for search etc. etc. https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal#

sorry for my newbie questions and for my language ;)

Very helpful thread :)

Last edited:

Warren2

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was referring to the "Google Adwords click estimator tool", not the "Keyword suggestion tool" and using exact phrase match in that tool like this: [keyword1 keyword2] if the domain is keyword1keyword2.com for example. You can find this tool by searching for "Adwords Traffic Estimator" in Google.

If you are looking for pure type-in traffic I think you wouldn't get very much if you don't have the .com version, but there is probably someone else more knowledgeable that can answer the relationship between type-in traffic in .com vs .info or .net. I rather develop good keyword domains into mini-sites than rely on type in traffic, and then the extension is less important IMO. I believe that if you are looking for pure type-in traffic you are better off finding the number of monthly searches for the domain by typing in domain.com in the Google keyword suggestion tool for example (or Wordtracker or the old Overture tool) and see if anyone is searching for the actual domain, which could indicate some type-in traffic.

Domainers

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply Warren :)
I will try my BEST to find some good domains for me.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Depends on several factors.
For example

Some keyword even with nice search volume doesn't create type-in traffic for .coms

Then value of click is important, it's like inverse multiplier, higher keyword value, less searches needed.
Well put.

I have some domains parked with thousands of monthly hits, 60-70% CTR but may pay 2-3 cents each.

Others are perhaps 50 searches, same CTR, but may pay a $1.50 each.

And a few, perhaps 20 traffic, 3 clicks, $9.58 each on PPC.

All of my high traffic domains and high CTR drop significantly as the month goes on. A good keyword for you is also a good keyword for anyone. Therefore the monthly AdWord budget from the advertiser is quickly depleted and drops until they reload.

Niche names do great - if there is traffic.

And sometimes, they don't do squat but do great in sales. So there seems to be some tradeoffs to all of this domaining mystery.

BostonDomainer

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As others have said above... I have one name... 3 words Realestate related and it gets ~30 UV per month but makes me ~$35-$75 a month. That said, your question is not that simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom