Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

What is the value of 4 letter with hyphen? Example: A-BC.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As per his #3 the TS had apparently meant L-LL.com or LL-L.com, I was the one who (after not being sure of what he meant in his op) went on and discussed other possibilities, sorry, I edited them later tho, they were confusing (my 1st 2 posts) Same for N-NN.com or NN-N.com if he had meant that, for the most part. As to C-CC.com or CC-C.com (as I told the TS) that would be -$10K, if one category deserved that it is that one (AB-6.com or 58-H.com, or even worse, C9-Y.com or 7-G3.com, anyone with those names should be in jail.....)
:ballchain:

I do not think the types he probably meant to ask about sell well at all (in fact they do not sell, period), like D-OS.com or MO-B.com, even when they'd make great domains without the hyphen, I would not pay $10 for either of these examples I gave, and I'd be surprised if names like these sold for their reg fee....but I'm sure there have been exceptions

That's why I nearly had an MI when an L-LL.com I owned (it was given to me in a pack of names in a trade, many were worthless inc this one) just before I was gonna drop it, got an offer on Sedo for $60. I said YES ! faster than anyone can say....dunno what lol..... and I knew I'd be left with $10 only, still I rejoiced, how pathetic is that ! LMFAO.... It was an Asian guy btw, maybe those work sometimes with their own words....

Last edited:

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
t-2.com sold for $5000 December 2012.

I think we're all getting character counts with hyphens all jacked up cause went from CCCC to CCC to CCCCC to CCCCCC in this thread, it kinda derailed. I'm assuming the OP meant C-C.com (and probably more than $100).
Since the op had not responded since that question was raised, I think we have to assume the OP meant as stated in the first post. Plus, no...doubtful you would see a c-c.com sell for a "few hundred".

I have sold numerous (have lost count) c-c.com for several thousands each.

Every one is assuming the OP meant something entirely different but I tend to believe not the case.

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have no doubts a C-C.com could sell well, maybe very well. And N-N.com's and L-L.com's are really something to own. But I told the TS that IMO I'd rather take any funds for a C-C.com and buy instead any NNN.com, or a couple LLL.com, or a few NNNN.com, or even many quads (LLLL.com's) D-M.com and 8-5.com are great, I agree. But when you get to the C-C's like T-3.com or 8-H.com, dunno..... not my cup o' tea, I guess

I know he was asking about hyphenations so I probably led the thread astray earlier :-(.... It looks like he must've meant L-LL or LL-L, but there was a little confusion as to whether or not he knew those were actually 4-char's where one char is a hyphen, and not 3-char's.....By now I'm pretty sure someone at some point answered his Q lol....(and DomainHull's Q too) :)

Several thousand for an N-N.com or L-L.com, sure, even now. And if you made several thou for any C-C.com's in the go-go days that was great, some with good L-N or N-L combos I guess, but you still think you could make hi $X,XXX today on a C-C.com sale, no matter how good ?....

Since the op had not responded since that question was raised, I think we have to assume the OP meant as stated in the first post. Plus, no...doubtful you would see a c-c.com sell for a "few hundred".

Every one is assuming the OP meant something entirely different but I tend to believe not the case.

Last edited:

yru

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

As to seeing 3 characters with a hyphen selling for hundreds, I was referring to N-L.com or L-N.com domains. Non premium letters/numbers L-N.com seem to be selling in the low to mid $XXX from the sales I've seen on various marketplaces over the last few months

Howie Crosby

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
but who would actually prefer to buy/reg any hyphenated versions if they can reg/buy CurePC.com and SwiftPC.com instead ?

The crazy thing is angel69, I'm coming across client's with hyphens in their web addresses, because they like it, as it separates the domain name apart??
It's an education thing, but a headbanger!:bump2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom