Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

What is your favorite domain name pricing model?

Status
Not open for further replies.

realtimeregister

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
We are interested in community feedback on registrar pricing models. Price is an important consideration for choosing your registrar, all though there are many other considerations, like TLD portfolio and API.

In regards to pricing, what do you prefer:

1. Prepaid deposits, lower prices when registration or deposit volume grows
  2. No prepaid deposits, pay as you register, slightly higher prices per domain
  3. Onetime Setup Fee, pay a onetime fee for lower prices on domain registration
  4. Small yearly Fee, pay yearly for instant lower prices
Please choose and comment on your choice. Please tell us what kind of user you are (domainer, hoster, corporation) and what volume you have.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We are interested in community feedback on registrar pricing models. Price is an important consideration for choosing your registrar, all though there are many other considerations, like TLD portfolio and API.

In regards to pricing, what do you prefer:

1. Prepaid deposits, lower prices when registration or deposit volume grows
  2. No prepaid deposits, pay as you register, slightly higher prices per domain
  3. Onetime Setup Fee, pay a onetime fee for lower prices on domain registration
  4. Small yearly Fee, pay yearly for instant lower prices
Please choose and comment on your choice. Please tell us what kind of user you are (domainer, hoster, corporation) and what volume you have.

how much are you paying to complete this survey?

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Small yearly Fee, pay yearly for instant lower prices

-=DCG=-

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I like #4 the best.

1,3 and 4 are much better vs the GoDaddy method of getting an acct executive and pleading for a discount, or else using their discount codes which seem to either be already expired by the time I find them or my purchase does not qualify for some odd reason such as being one penny short on the total purchase amount as happened to me the other day. The GD coupon codes are an unreliable and annoying way to get lower prices from a registrar.

P.S. to Don, why should he pay for asking this but if he wants to pay that's OK too.

Last edited:

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Renewal rates - keep them low to keep your customers.

There is no reason to run $7.50 regs and then have renewals at $10.99.

If you depend solely on new regs and then lose your customer base, you may end up shooting yourself in the foot.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Make Security as your main goal - and lot of people will come to you.

From my experience, a registrar does not control security as much as one would think.

Dnforum was hacked about 4 years ago because a registrar caved to pressure and changed an email password because some random caller screamed and pretended to be me over the phone.

The domainer must guard against domain theft as a registrar can only do so much.

-=DCG=-

BobDiGiTaL

Domain Lover
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I do not know if its #1,2,3 or 4, but for my 1000+ names:
I like what moniker does,
cheap registration rates,
cheap transfer rates,
cheap renewal rates, and the ability to see expiration dates(and sort them)
cheap privacy rates

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
P.S. to Don, why should he pay for asking this but if he wants to pay that's OK too.

why shouldn't i ask?

but i didn't ask him/her to pay for asking, "i asked how much to complete the survey?"

the questions, they asked for free...

however, the most gracious OP did offer a "credit link" which was more than what was offered in the initial post.

thus, now i have an "oppotunity" to take advantage of "something of value", because i asked for something of value in return

moral....if you don't ask, you won't get

same with domain pricing

now i'll reply to the OP's question

i like what fab is doing

by them also being a ppc service, funds can be deposited in your account for registrations, renewals, etc.
they also have a cost-effective reseller pricing plan, with a "no-nonsense" ...no trying to up-sell you other crap during the registration process.

thus enabling you to search and reg your ideas quickly, without clicking the "no thanks" box several times before you get to your cart!

that's what i like, speed thru the interface and get my domain resolved asap.

to the Op

thanks for the creditz and good luck!

imo...

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you are splitting hairs Don.

my remark was basically a joke

but the OP already "paid" to ask questions here...when they upgraded to Platinum

i asked to be paid for supplying answers, which is quite different

as some replies can be more valuable than others

but please, let's not fight here... start a new thread and i'll come battle you there :)

imo...

cbk

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom