Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

What Is Your Favorite New Gtld?

daleabc01

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi there,
Just wondering what people think are the best new GTLD's?
My vote goes for .Guru, .Directory and .Solutions
I'm not including the GEO ones since there are too many. But obviously .NYC

www imtsinstitute com page distance education uae distance education

VictorVictories

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
There are many new gTLDs coming up and It is no surprise that over 10 million new gTLDs have been registered and this number is increasing daily as the brands are seeking visibility amid the niche. Currently my favorite new gTLD is.Cricket

DomainerSA

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to work out the value of a .Chat domain... I suppose its very specific to the use-case

but things like Private.Chat, Voice.Chat, Team.Chat, Group.Chat... what are the thought son super-generics like that?

Rajeesha

lets play domain game
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to work out the value of a .Chat domain... I suppose its very specific to the use-case

but things like Private.Chat, Voice.Chat, Team.Chat, Group.Chat... what are the thought son super-generics like that?

I registed asia.chat some time back

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I register some in .GURU .Zone and .Ninja

Commerce

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've invested in .company for company branding, but am still a bit hesitant with many of the new GTLDs. As with the last batch (.biz, .pro, etc), I think they foster more confusion and ultimately bring more strength to the .com, .net and .org brands.
- Commerce

-Matthew-

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I purchased riding.space and expensive.property in the last month. I have a .blog on pre-order along with a .inc and a .music. The new gTLDs are .awesome. .com will always 'be king', I .guess.. I'm hoping .matt is released soon :) .jane .john? why not.

Regards
matt

HeyVic

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It has to be .horse

Lots of folks chuckle at the .HORSE TLD, and to be honest, so did I. However, I have learned that there are more than 1400 horse breeds in the world (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_horse_breeds), and some of these horses are worth a fortune. Factor in special equipment and horse care services/products, and sporting events, and you start to realize that this is a niche industry - but it is a strong niche industry. Horse lovers are passionate about horses, as evidenced by book sales, calendars, and movies about horses. A 2009 survey conducted by American Horse Publications found that the horse industry had an economic impact of about 300 billion dollars, based upon a US horse population of four million animals, and it generated 1.6 million full-time jobs. (http://www.alltech.com/blog/posts/todays-equine-industry)

Below are a few websites I found which are branded on the .HORSE extension:
  • agency.horse - Horse consultants
  • bmrec.horse - Bell Mountain Ranch Equestrian Center
  • equilab.horse - Exercise tracker for horses - like fitbit for high performance equines!
  • fizzy.horse - French boarding facility for your horse
  • goodnews.horse - Japanese horse race prediction site
  • heroes.horse - Equine Assisted Learning/Therapy Program
  • lansada.horse - Equestrian online store from Russia
  • laurenssaddles.horse - Online Saddle Store
  • millstreet.horse - Ireland's largest horse show
  • ownersconnection.horse - North American Track Guide
  • racingaustralia.horse - All things horse racing in Australia
  • spotted.horse - This site sells Appaloosa horses
  • thewowfactor.horse - Horse breeder
  • trailride.horse - Online store for trail riders
This TLD is about as niche as it gets, but niche is a good thing when people are passionate about it, and there is big money in it. While there are some people using the .HORSE TLD for hardware/software, and other none equine purposes - the TLD will not have global mass market application like .COM. For the market .HORSE serves, the TLD fits like a riding glove.

accurate

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Clearly Victor Pitts have never been around Pimlico. It's where the Preakness, the 2nd stop in the Triple Crown, is held. You can't get bigger than that in the horse industry.

Pimlico is a notoriously bad area. So does the horse industry benefit the neighborhoods around Plimlico? No.

Does .horse benefit the horse industry? No.

Also the two sites which are linked to with real information, on a .ORG and .COM! :)

Last edited:

HeyVic

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Clearly Victor Pitts have never been around Pimlico. It's where the Preakness, the 2nd stop in the Triple Crown, is held. You can't get bigger than that in the horse industry.
Pimlico is a notoriously bad area. So does the horse industry benefit the neighborhoods around Plimlico? No.
Does .horse benefit the horse industry? No.
Also the two sites which are linked to with real information, on a .ORG and .COM! :)

Hey Slickdots - I don't follow your point being made. Probably me. However, if you don't like .HORSE as a TLD - that is okay. Some people do, as evidenced by usage.

As far as Pimlico - you are correct - I've never be there. I do know the Preakness though and watch it every year on TV, along with the Belmont and Kentucky Derby. I also go to the tracks occasionally in South Florida, and love the experience. As for whether the Preakness benefits the economy of it's surrounding neighborhood - you got me there. I don't know that answer no more than if I know whether the Dallas Cowboys benefit Arlington, Texas where they play. I do see the economic impact of the equine industry as reported through multiple verifiable sources. How much is dropped on the small neighborhood of Pimlico, population 1,145 as of 2000 US Census - who knows. I suspect that Baltimore as a whole benefits more than where the track is physically located.

Anyway, we digress. The equine industry is large and passionate about horses, so it is my opinion that the .HORSE TLD is being dismissed with a chuckle, by people not in that industry.

George Verdugo

Seasoned Domainer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
.Club for sure, I own Hotels.club, Flights.club, Cruises.club, RentalCars.club, and about 30 more!

accurate

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The point, clearly you know jack shit about the horse industry. So stop trying to push a domain extension that clearly has NO MARKET.

If MMX loves new gTLDs so much why do you use MMX.CO? A new gTLD registry won't even use a website.

You don't practice what you preach.

HeyVic

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The point, clearly you know jack shit about the horse industry. So stop trying to push a domain extension that clearly has NO MARKET.

If MMX loves new gTLDs so much why do you use MMX.CO? A new gTLD registry won't even use a website.

You don't practice what you preach.

Hey Slick. Have I done something to offend you, or are you one of those people that just likes to hurl insults at random? You don't like new TLDs? That is fine - nobody suggest that you have to. You don't like broccoli? That is also fine - nobody is suggesting you must eat it. Just because you may not like broccoli, does not mean you lash out people that do like broccoli or people that feel broccoli may be a good thing.

In today's internet, and likely in tomorrow's internet, every company or person will have choices in respect to their domain name and TLD, and will choose according to their branding needs and online objectives. I don't know about you, but when I go to shopping for products and services - I like having variety to select from. If my only only selection choice was one brand/model of car, or one model of cell phone, or brand of breakfast cereal, or brand of toothpaste - then I would not be happy. I think most people would agree, that choices are a good thing. You may not, and Slick that is your prerogative. Be happy with you and your choices, but don't expect the rest of the world to be the same as you.

As for the MMX corporate portfolio site, .CO is a good fit and works better for a domain registrar corporate site than one of our TLDs. We do use each of our TLDs for their public nic.tld pages, and we use domains from our TLDs to target specific audiences we are trying to communicate with through partners - such as getmy.miami, getmy.fashion, or one I suggest to you geta.beer. These choices make sense to me. Then again, I like having choices.

All the best to you.

accurate

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Broccoli? Wtf?

What you, and other new gTLD registries, have done is make absurd claims about new extensions. You work for a company that runs the .horse extension and you haven't attended a major Triple Crown event.

The reason .CO works better for a corporate site is that email with new gTLDs are getting blacklisted, bounces, or are unrecognized by mail servers. Your IT people know it. :)

Last edited:

HeyVic

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey Chet.

You say "What you, and other new gTLD registries, have done is make absurd claims about new extensions"

I say, please show me where I have made absurd claims.

You say "You work for a company that runs the .horse extension and you haven't attended a major Triple Crown event."

Earlier you went off saying "Pimlico. It's where the Preakness, the 2nd stop in the Triple Crown, is held. You can't get bigger than that in the horse industry. Pimlico is a notoriously bad area. So does the horse industry benefit the neighborhoods around Plimlico? No. Does .horse benefit the horse industry? No."

You seem to be saying, that only a person who had attended a Triple Crown race can comment on the horse industry or represent a domain targeted to the horse industry. Why you dragged Pimlco into the conversation is unknown, as it has nothing to do with this thread or how this thread got onto the topic of .HORSE. Your statements need no rebuttal from me as your comments stand on their own.

You choose not to accept my answer as to why MMX chose to use .CO for their COrporate website, but instead you first allege that it is because we do not "practice what you preach" and then come back a few hours later and state is because "gTLDs are getting blacklisted, bounces, or are unrecognized by mail servers". I stand by my response because the answer provided was truthful - whether you accept it or not.

As for .MIAMI, yes people are using them. See

Furthermore, you can check the usage of any new TLD by searching Google using "site:.tld". Real businesses are using domains from the new TLDs, and that is a good thing. Every new website indexed by Google, helps the next business swing that way on branding. Every new business who brands on the new TLDs becomes an advocate and creates awareness through their own marketing efforts. The more end-user usage that happens, the more valuable the domains will become and that is good for investors.

You can be a naysayer all you want, and standby while the evolution passes you by. Changes are happening whether you are on-board or not. You can choose to badmouth the new TLDs, and anyone who registers them, or represents them. That is fine.

I stake my credibility on MMX and the TLDs we represent, and thus I use my real photo and my real name, and am fine with anyone seeing my public profile at LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/in/victorpitts/). I will share my opinion on this forum and others, when appropriate. When I do so, it is not based on just buzz words and hyperbole, but on verifiable data. When I first commented on .HORSE, I provided my opinion on the TLD and verifiable data to substantiate my opinion. While you may disagree on the data's relevance, or the opinion I concluded. No problem. You will not catch me making false claims, because my name is attached, and once you lose that - you are dead in this industry. Also, you will not catch me making half-baked absurd comments on other peoples opinions!

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom