Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

What it does mean ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There is no notice of shutdown on their website and I (a longtime customer) have received no email saying they are closing.

Are you sure this is happening?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
There is no notice of shutdown on their website and I (a longtime customer) have received no email saying they are closing.

Are you sure this is happening?

Email is at the first post in this thread.

keep

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Now everything is clear and it really sucks . I thought that if LOCKED domains ( domains not older then 60 days ) would be renewed they stay with the namescout.com . But it's not.

Hello Viktor.

You can’t just renew in order to keep them at Namescout when they are less than 60 days old. Here’s why.

Currently, for example, somedomain.com is registered at the registrar “MainDomain.ca Inc”, which is one of the registrars that Pool.com is closing. The name was acquired by Pool.com on Nov 12, 2012 and so it is locked (prevented from being transferred to another registrar) until Jan 11, 2013 (60 days later). It cannot be transferred to ANY other registrar until that date. Namescout currently provides the management interface for domains held by MainDomain.ca Inc.

So, if you renew now, while the domains are still in the 60 day hold, they will simply renew for an extra year at MainDomain.ca.

If your domains were older than 60 days, then submitting the renewal would ALSO transfer the name (which is allowed after 60 days old) to Namescout. In this case two things happen, the registration is extended for a full year AND the name would now be held by Namescout and not MainDomain.

But, as long as the name is still in a locked status at the registry, you won’t be able to do this transfer/renew process. Your only option at this stage for names that are in this status is to wait to see what Registrar ICANN chooses and they will provide you with login credentials and you will be able to transfer to any registrar you want.

If you encounter any issues at that time, please let me know and we will do our best to help you out.

Richard

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Bunch of phuckers. Can't wait for BBB to degrade them.

tomsa

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm facing the same issue with a domain name registered by POOL/DOMAINREIGN.CA on 19/11 :angry:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Pool.com owns 85 (!) ICANN accredited registrars. They are not disclosing how many they are closing down to save money, apparently. Some? All? No clue. All I know is that they are putting the blame on ICANN for not letting them break the 60-day non-transfer rule! And thus, they wash their hands clean, saying "sorreee!". Meanwhile, you can still backorder domains at Pool. But who in their right mind would use a company that screwed their customers?

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
the first backorder service i ever used was pool back in 2004. i don't really get why they can't offer both services but other than .ca's their catch quality has been poor for a long time. their offices are only 10 minutes or so from where i live.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom