Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

What should we do with those people?

Status
Not open for further replies.

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have got quite a few inquiries for my domain names and they ask the prices.

But when I told them the prices, they don't reply.

I ask them to send any offers which I would consider. They don't reply. I send out 1 or 2 more emails saying they should feel free to submit offers but they still don't reply.

Some of them are from big companies.

How do we write an email to get at least some reply from them?

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Cut them balls.

primavera

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I usually reply to inquiries by saying I have future plans for developing the domain but I'm willing to consider a "best offer" which I'll either accept or reject. No negotiations. Saves time and the results are sometimes surprising in a good way.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

I ask them to send any offers which I would consider. They don't reply. I send out 1 or 2 more emails saying they should feel free to submit offers but they still don't reply.

Been there and done that many times and it is quite frustrating when they don't reply, which is usually the case. That's a reason I often ignore these inquiries now myself since it is so annoying with no replies so often.

Not sure why this happens so often. Wish I knew. The original inquiries usually seem legit and non-automated..

Even if we don't indicate a price and say make an offer, they still don't reply and they have no idea if they could have possibly got the name at a low price or not.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Most of the time inquiries are just from curious people.
Don't insist, move on and don't appear like you're eager to sell.

PS: don't make the first move, instead of quoting a price, ask them to submit an 'acceptable' offer

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

you seem to keep posting the same questions repeatedly, just rephrasing them without soaking in the replies.

maybe they are asking themselves, what should they do about you bugging them and they may be regretting they even asked about your domains.

:rolleyes:

this was posted before, but maybe you didn't get it the first time.

don't be or act so frantic, to sell a domain.

when i said it before you overlooked it...

http://www.dnforum.com/f557/what-should-i-do-what-will-you-do-thread-360871.html > post #9

not trying to be harsh here, but if you're not taking the advice that's given, then what's the point other than to create more threads?

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
you seem to keep posting the same questions repeatedly, just rephrasing them without soaking in the replies.

maybe they are asking themselves, what should they do about you bugging them and they may be regretting they even asked about your domains.

:rolleyes:

this was posted before, but maybe you didn't get it the first time.

don't be or act so frantic, to sell a domain.

when i said it before you overlooked it...

http://www.dnforum.com/f557/what-should-i-do-what-will-you-do-thread-360871.html > post #9

not trying to be harsh here, but if you're not taking the advice that's given, then what's the point other than to create more threads?

I think you haven't read my posts properly .

They are so different and refer to very two different scenerios.

First one, got offer $4500 and that person didn't reply.

Second one, they just ask the prices and when I reply, they fail to respond.

They are so different.

Don't say I create same thing with rephrasing. Any way, thanks for your advice in the other thread.

democrat

Level 7
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I agree with Bigge on this. You can take the context out of that last thread and apply it to your further deals.
On another, brighter note. When they inquire, shoot them a note that indicates that you are willing to sell with a reasonable price tag, but also state that if you don't hear from them within a 7-10 day grace period. Then you'll assume no interest. This helps you as a buyer be able to move on quicker and you don't have that stress over your head.
This has been a work of charm to me.
Patty

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree with Bigge on this. You can take the context out of that last thread and apply it to your further deals.
On another, brighter note. When they inquire, shoot them a note that indicates that you are willing to sell with a reasonable price tag, but also state that if you don't hear from them within a 7-10 day grace period. Then you'll assume no interest. This helps you as a buyer be able to move on quicker and you don't have that stress over your head.
This has been a work of charm to me.
Patty

Thanks. But they are totally different scenerios. They might look similar but I think how you respond to those people need to be different.

democrat

Level 7
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Thanks. But they are totally different scenerios. They might look similar but I think how you respond to those people need to be different.

my motto in life recently is to keep it simple. You don't need 700 different responses for different domains. I also believe in the rule of thumb that if it's meant to be sold, then by golly, it will be sold!

Patty

Luke

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Maybe they are just curious :)

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Lost cause.

Been a member since 2007.

Claims many $20K sales. asks questions as if first day on forum, response to this question has been posted kazillions of times.

A forum is not a one way street. Use it to learn, search, and educate self.

If you have not found the answer to this question in over 2 years of being on the forum then there are issues not with reading but comprehension.

But they are totally different scenerios.

I call bullshit but I think I was beat to the scene.

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Lost cause.

Been a member since 2007.

Claims many $20K sales. asks questions as if first day on forum, response to this question has been posted kazillions of times.

A forum is not a one way street. Use it to learn, search, and educate self.

If you have not found the answer to this question in over 2 years of being on the forum then there are issues not with reading but comprehension.

But they are totally different scenerios.

I call bullshit but I think I was beat to the scene.

Doc com, yes I have been a member since 2007. I am still learning in domaining which I do part time. I don't know you might not need to learn any more. I need to learn and got to ask questions. You might be from medical field. I am also a doctor and in medical field we do CPD (continuous professional development) all the time. We do appraisals yearly etc... and as you may know it is continous learning. I have a lot to learn concerned with domaining. I do believe I only know about one in a hundred or one in a thousand in proportion. Some guys here are very knowledgable and kind to help others.

Where did I claim many $20 K sales? I said sold $20 k within last 6 weeks or so.

I think taking out a girl to cinema or restaurant and approaching to make love might be regarded as simliar. But I think we need differrent approaches for those different scenerios. I think in domaining, the same rule applies.

I have tried out many styles to those kind of people but very little success. That's why I wonder people want to share their experience on different scenerio.

Even though around 20K domain sales in last 6 weeks or so, my rate of closing the deals is not that good. There is a big room to improve, to be honest. e.g I accepted $4500 offer without any counter offers etc... I should have closed the deal a bit higher.

I do believe we need to approach different scenerios very diffferently. It is my opinion.

Last edited:

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I do believe we need to approach different scenerios very diffferently. It is my opinion.

I don't believe the approach used to reply to most of the inquiries we get will make much of a difference overall (not necessarily regarding your specific case). Have experimented many times with most all approaches but find the lack of response always dismal.

For some odd reason they simply don't respond. No idea why.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just can not get over all the repetition of basic questions and lack of basic knowledge.

Not just on this thread, but many others.

Members who have been members since 2006 asking (or saying);

what is the difference between a gTLD and ccTLD?
what does bin mean
why aren't my names selling

Honestly, these are not made up questions or responses.

If someone has been a member since 2006 and 2000 or 3000+ posts, what in the hell have they been doing for three years plus?

Are they that lonely that they have used DNforum as a personal chat?

What is different scenario here?
http://www.dnforum.com/f557/what-should-i-do-what-will-you-do-thread-360871.html

A different price?

Last edited:

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What should I do?
What will you do in similar situation?
I had had such situations about 3 times over past few weeks.

What did you learn from those three situations?
How do the differ now?
Different date, different offer, differnet email?

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Doc com, thanks for all your suggestions. I am still learning and not as accomplished as you. Therefore pardon me.

The two scenerios are totally different.

First one, got offer $4500 and that person didn't reply.

Second one, they just ask the prices and when I reply, they fail to respond.

They are so different.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Then I suggest you hire a broker if there is such grand differences in the scenarios. Three weeks ago you posed these questions:

Now the person failed to respond to my emails for over past 2 days.

What should I do?
What will you do in similar situation?
I had had such situations about 3 times over past few weeks.

and you responded to that three page thread with the last response by you TODAY and now you ask, in this thread:

I ask them to send any offers which I would consider.
They don't reply.
I send out 1 or 2 more emails saying they should feel free to submit offers but they still don't reply.

Are we going to see a "different scenario" with same questions with "I" and "we" changed for the sake of appearing different?

You just had this explained in three pages, finished the transaction, finished the thread this morning.

A few hours later you are essentially asking the very same thing that people spent three pages worth of time already answering.

If you can not learn from one are we going to see the same incidents (although you call them a different scenario) asking the same quesitons everytime you get an offer?

Your patients that you follow may be three patients with the same malady and ailment but those will be three different scenarios depending on age, history, past medical history, acuity, complications, multisystem involvement, current medication regime, etc, etc, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom