Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

What site are you most proud of that you own?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom K.

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Heh, unlike you guys, I'm a web developer but I've done more sites for others more than completing any website for myself.

Unlike us, you're a web developer?? Come again?

Neptuni.com will be my first official functioning website and I'm still working very hard on it! :D

Everyone has to start someplace. All the best on your project.

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Heh thanks. Btw a correction to my statement, meant to say that I'm a web developer who do work for clients more often than myself. ;):D

use it!

---------- Post added at 05:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 PM ----------

The site has grown into a huge community benefitting many who have children with Down Syndrome.

-=DCG=-

What community php/??? script are you using?

Mark Talbot

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have a few domains, but the one I am most proud of is IgnoranceDenied.com,...

And I got it free too, suckers!!

erm,... lol, anyway, now that I am over my lame gloating, ID is a forum/domain I won in a contest in 2004, and have been administering ever since. vBulletin.

I have made quite a few good friends there since, doesnt produce any revenue, has minimal traffic, and I love it.

I currently am in the midst of a revamp, so it may seem a bit screwed up on first glance, but In a month or two it will be the way it should as I finish.

Its great stress relief for me after work, and relaxing, when I dink around with the settings/layout, or just chatting with some distant friends there.

I dont think it will ever be for sale.

D

Deleted member 78222

Great thread, I think I am most proud of cookbook.co.za a site I started after finding myself single with 4 kids to feed and realized eating out 3 meals a day was just not an option! haha when I think back it's been quite an adventure and the site has developed quite a following.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's downsyndrome.com, I bought this site for a dear friend whose son has Down Syndrome and I told him to develop it out in his sons honor.
Awesome, awesome, awesome, awesome!

Indeed, anything that promotes health and health awareness ticks my boxes.

I have several, many in varying stages of production, some completed for years. Traffic is great, some do have ads, but providing a service or information portal is priceless when it comes to conditions like this.

Tip of the hat to ya!

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's downsyndrome.com, I bought this site for a dear friend whose son has Down Syndrome and I told him to develop it out in his sons honor.

He did a great job. Perfect development for a great domain paving the way to a much needed niche.

Heh, unlike you guys, I'm a web developer but I've done more sites for others more than completing any website for myself.

Neptuni.com will be my first official functioning website and I'm still working very hard on it! :D

Unlike us, you're a web developer?? Come again?

Everyone has to start someplace. All the best on your project.

Ha Ha! It happens, trust me.

As for my personal projects; PHPHell.com is my baby. It could probably use more design work but I use it every day. It's a great personal reference (built for myself) and I share research, findings, solutions, etc with other developers.

sitemaker

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My proudest are my nonprofit sites, of which Siddur.org is the most widely used. (Another one near to my heart is my own synagogue's site, AdamsStreet.org.) Both of these are Joomla-based, although I also have many WordPress sites, plus a few coded from scratch.

ilovedomains

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My favorite is http://plymouthwoodys.com

Not because its good, but because its a resource site I built for other people who are restoring Plymouth woodies. A little history of the one Im doing can be found at the bottom of the page. Its almost finished now, and I will be updating the pictures in a couple of months. (Its not a wood kit by the way, I did all the woodwork myself.)

http://plymouthwoodys.com/restore/images/sept10.jpg

Tim Schoon

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just starting development on my domains Pompeii.net and Herculaneum.com - Ancient roman culture is really interesting and something we could learn a lot from!

These towns have revealed so much about roman culture and history, the only place in the world where we can actually get a glimpse of the daily life of an ancient highly developed culture.
Around 3 million tourists visit these towns every year, and hopefully my websites too once they are finished.

Cr3ativity

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Cr3ativity.ca is my baby (hence my Username for Facebook, YouTube, DNForum, e-mail, etc). I started it off as my Visual Arts portfolio...then I got ideas after using DeviantArt.com
I never really had the time to flip it into a Visual Arts community site, but I haven't given up :)

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I run Fred Lanting's site. For years someone else owned FredLanting.com (not him so I had FredLanting.org (and .net / .us) and though a SEO war the .com gave up and dropped the name - I was able to get it. So now I have the .com pointing to the .org. :D

Strongheart.us would have to be my favorite hand-reggie right now. It makes enough to pay for the registration fees so I can't complain plus it's a fun site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom