Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

What the Hell is going on with the Domain Industry this month?

Status
Not open for further replies.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Parking Programs and Registrars have been riddled with problems.

Registrars Offline.
Parking Program Stat Issues.
Late Payments from DS. (still waiting)
AfterNIC just gone Offline

Anyone have any idea as to why its all happening at once.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think we all could of predicted that one..

It just seems like the whole world has got domain dementia this month. The net seems to be riddled with problems.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nearly every domain related site (including this one and the registrars) are extremely slow in loading. I was beginning to wonder if there had been a denial of service attack going on that was widespread towards the domain industry in general. I have noticed serious lags and even timed out pages for the past couple of days. Other sites are zipping along.

Curious doings and going ons.

maroulis

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nearly every domain related site (including this one and the registrars) are extremely slow in loading. I was beginning to wonder if there had been a denial of service attack going on that was widespread towards the domain industry in general. I have noticed serious lags and even timed out pages for the past couple of days. Other sites are zipping along.

Curious doings and going ons.

progressive.com has been down for almost a day ;) lucky me I managed to renew last night but haven't been able to print proof of insurance :(

When did that happend? :eek:

http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=220317&page=14&highlight=acroplex

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Snapnames was down last month as well, which I don't see happen very often, Enom had some bugs that took forever to fix, and the Turbo Tax web site was bogged down on the 17th when we tried to submit our return, well that was my fault for waiting till the last day..:yes:

I think its just coincidence.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just wait until next month around the first when both Google and Yahoo make big announcements that will affect most if not all of us.

Donny

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Just wait until next month around the first when both Google and Yahoo make big announcements that will affect most if not all of us.

Donny

So you know something that we dont? please share.

Dave Zan

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Step away from the computer and do life's most basic function.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Anybody who has a Google feed knows what will be happening on June 1st. I don't know if Yahoo's changes are public yet, so I don't want to be the one to spill the beans.

The domain industry will continue to change over time. With so many different companies that want to go public in the next year or so I'm sure we will see a lot of consolidation. It's going to be a crazy year, so hold on.

Donny

typist

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Anybody who has a Google feed knows what will be happening on June 1st. I don't know if Yahoo's changes are public yet, so I don't want to be the one to spill the beans.

let's speculate...full scale cpa rollout? or a new, aggressive and proactive approach to refuse monetization of domains with trademark issues?

getaddicted

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hmmm i feel Donny is pointing to......... if im not wrong.......

Google will stop displaying adult ads beginning June 1, 2007

AlienGG

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score

typist

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hmmm i feel Donny is pointing to......... if im not wrong.......

Google will stop displaying adult ads beginning June 1, 2007

ahh...I thought that was old news. I didn't expect anyone would be secretive about that.

AlienGG

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Parking Programs and Registrars have been riddled with problems.

Registrars Offline.
Parking Program Stat Issues.
Late Payments from DS. (still waiting)
AfterNIC just gone Offline

Anyone have any idea as to why its all happening at once.

Consider 3 of my domains got stolen, this month's crazy.
I'm going to court for them. Hopefully I will not need to release the names.

T

tekz999

DDos attacks? but anyway, just from reading the title of this thread, I was gonna say "domainfest in amsterdam kicks off in a week". but seems like you are asking for something else. kakaka

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ahh...I thought that was old news. I didn't expect anyone would be secretive about that.

well someone will take it over and make a lot money. In this moment it would be the best moment to roll out some kind adult monatization service.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
well someone will take it over and make a lot money. In this moment it would be the best moment to roll out some kind adult monatization service.

Good point, I can definetely see this happening, if it did, my feeling is we would earn more than we are presently...

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Most parking programs will be signing up to new upstream providers that will cater for the Adult traffic industry which accounts more more than 50% of all internet traffic.

The only programs that will be affected are the Public floated ones that have bleeding heart liberal "Politically Correct" ethics departments.

My Predictions for 2007-08

All Parking Programs stop monetizing TM, ADULT, GAMBLING and whatever else is hot topic for the month.

NAMEMEDIA will Buy out BEBO and either Trafficz or Parked ;-)

REGISTERFLY will relaunch with its own Monetization Program.

SEVERAL of the Smaller parking programs will be absorbed into the likes of SEDO or DomainSponsor.

SEDO itself will break away from United Internet Group.

Google will launch its integrated CPA program (DoubleClick) into Parking.

Microsofts PPC program for Publishers will bring rise to several new Parking Companies.

Enom, AfterNIC and ActiveAudience all NameMedia Companies Will consolidate into one Brand of Domain Company offering, Registration, Parking and a Sales Platform.

Mr Deleted will become the worlds most annoying VideoBlogger on YouTube (have any of you watched them)

DotComGod will consolidate his ventures into one Brand and then Go Public. (Long Overdue)

Yahoo will follow suit on the Adult Domain issue, (no big deal for me)

Enom will start to take all domains with the word ENOM in it from your enom accounts (oh wait they have done that already)

America will outsource its Army to Haliburton (all wars(peacekeeping) will be fought by contractors.

In summation I am NameStrandamus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom