Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

What the Hell is going on with the Domain Industry this month?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
America will outsource its Army to Haliburton (all wars(peacekeeping) will be fought by contractors.
Done...in transition phase at present.

Prepping for Haliburton's World Headquarters move to Dubai. Iraq used as a staging area and also to assess public opinion polls.

Early results (although it has taken 4 years to gather) from the opinion polls on the streets of Bagdad show overwhelming favor to Haliburton's move...

moving the hell out of Iraq and the Middle East.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Very nice list here. I agree with most, but I'll make a few comments.
Most parking programs will be signing up to new upstream providers that will cater for the Adult traffic industry which accounts more more than 50% of all internet traffic.
I know quite a few people in the adult business and I can say that the only way anybody will make money in this business is by going CPA. The 1 company that is fully an adult PPC company will only pay for US traffic, so a lot of money is about to be left on the floor in a few weeks. I have talked with Yahoo a few times and they told me they love adult. Adult may make up 50% of the traffic but today it makes less than 5% of all revenue.

All Parking Programs stop monetizing TM, ADULT, GAMBLING and whatever else is hot topic for the month.
Yahoo does this already, except for adult. Google's system isn't designed to work this way. But it should be.

NAMEMEDIA will Buy out BEBO and either Trafficz or Parked ;-)
Bebo? $50 and a case of diet coke and I build one better with my eyes closed. :) I think there will be some consolidation in the parking industry, but I'm not sure about NameMedia. They just bought smartname recently. But if they want to come in and offer us a billion or so, I bet we would take it.

REGISTERFLY will relaunch with its own Monetization Program.
Didn't they just close one last week?

Enom, AfterNIC and ActiveAudience all NameMedia Companies Will consolidate into one Brand of Domain Company offering, Registration, Parking and a Sales Platform.
Enom is DemandMedia. But I agree NameMedia has to many scattered companies.

In summation I am NameStrandamus.[/QUOTE]

Nice job!

Donny

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That DemandMedia was somewhat of a Freudian Slip... Oops

Actually I was kinda hoping that Streamic would of made a bigger impact on the parking industry. I can only imagine that they are still sorting out the little issues.

For those who have tried Streamic, you will have to agree that their concept is sound.

I therefore predict THIS YEAR it should make more of an impact...

New Business Venture Ideas - Live Domain Auctions in the Real World on a monthly basis. A domain auction company that tours the world or on Satelite or Cable.

DomainAuctions.TV

netfounder

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DS has sent payment.but give a accidental notice.
Google will launch its integrated CPA program (DoubleClick) into Parking.
sedo has confirm this
Microsofts PPC program for Publishers will bring rise to several new Parking Companies.
I agree with u
I really puzzled a question.
Google want ban adult content,why?

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Google do not want to ban Adult Content per se its more of the advertisers driving this as they do not want their brands associated with adult domains. Therefore it is felt necessary to segregate adult related domains from the standard feed so as to avoid any potential crossover.

netfounder

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
LOL
Thanks,I see.
Google do not want to ban Adult Content per se its more of the advertisers driving this as they do not want their brands associated with adult domains. Therefore it is felt necessary to segregate adult related domains from the standard feed so as to avoid any potential crossover.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
And the other problem is that many google based providers are showing non-adult terms on adult domains.

Donny

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Fair play to you mate.. I managed to endure about 3 of your videos before I started looking for my Beretta.

I am sure you have yourself a niche following; I can appreciate that, its just not to my taste. However I do admire your balls to actually get up and do it. Keep at it and don't let my comments dissuade you.

Does DotComGod do a video blog. If not then why the hell not..

DotComGod.TV - Available.

So when can we expect MrDeleted.TV?

Mr. Deleted

DNForum Mod
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Beretta is funny... I am having fun, but also I want to try to inform people about the Amish... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4uMHvKb7Qw (a 20/20 clip that has had almost 5000 views now.) and answer questions people have. I have also wrote poetry in the past, so I may put that up sometime.

Some think I should give that up, and keep at the domain business, but I enjoy it and will keep it going... I don't think that I will let a few comments away from my videos. I just want to get better at it, not stop. I got a new DVD camera, and got some footage of my dad, then it toke a while but i found the right software to convert it now. I concider this the early stage of this video thing, and I have already got a few subscribers... And i think over 40,000 video views.

So when can we expect MrDeleted.TV?

My video site is WGXI.com

RatherGood

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I know quite a few people in the adult business and I can say that the only way anybody will make money in this business is by going CPA. The 1 company that is fully an adult PPC company will only pay for US traffic, so a lot of money is about to be left on the floor in a few weeks.

Are you referring to searchboxxx?

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Email from Sedo this evening (not the entire email):

We have a few important updates related to our parking program. There has been a lot of concern with Google’s decision to stop monetizing adult traffic. However, Sedo clients can expect a seamless transition for their adult portfolios as we’ve already acquired new adult advertising partners in anticipation of our upstream advertiser's decision to no longer distribute adult content. This move has been made to ensure that clients parking with Sedo will be able to monetize their adult traffic with absolutely no interruption!

I think Google is just trying to be a good internet citizen.

Is this bad for Google? Very doubtful.

RatherGood

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think Google is just trying to be a good internet citizen.

Is this bad for Google? Very doubtful.

The doubleclick deal gives them the opportunity to dump adult without anyone noticing the effect on the bottom line and/or stock. Strictly a pr move.

If they were a good internet citizen they wouldn't be monetizing typos, gambling, spyware, scumware, invading peoples privacy with cache retention etc. or bringing up search results in China that say tiananmen squares are actually just delicious marshmellow treats.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
If Donnys correct about Adult rev being less than 5%, I can see why they would phase it out, Perhaps by distancing themselves from Adult content, they will draw in much more business and easily make up or exceed the 5% loss.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The doubleclick deal gives them the opportunity to dump adult without anyone noticing the effect on the bottom line and/or stock. Strictly a pr move.

If they were a good internet citizen they wouldn't be monetizing typos, gambling, spyware, scumware, invading peoples privacy with cache retention etc. or bringing up search results in China that say tiananmen squares are actually just delicious marshmellow treats.
Wow...you got the message square on the target! Thanks!

That is exactly what I was referencing to regarding "good citizen", the cost of doing business in China is censorship and blocking.

I find it odd that they would not turn over records to the justice department a couple of years ago (not cooperating with the US government) while at the same time signing the deal to do business in China (bowing down to and catering to the Chinese government).

Great insight on your part. Regarding doubleclick, this is not a program that I am aware of and will have to do some studying on.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
change is good for the industry

some will lose a little but overall there should be significant gains

parking companies are starting to listen more to domainers concerns, so the partnership is getting closer and that's a good thing.

sales prices are continuing to rise on domains, so the future looks good from where I sit! :)

btw: namestrands the DS check will come soon...they always do! :)

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah.. I got payment. I guess I have to blame parked for this one as they when the state NET 7, they actually mean NET 7 and not NET 8 or 9.

All is well that ends well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom