Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

What TLDs do you register?

Status
Not open for further replies.

domainAddict

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
When you guys think of a cool domain, that you are going to sell further, and all tlds are still available, do you register just .com, or do you go for .net, .org, and others as well?
Sometimes i get confused, and cant decide should i register others as well (at least .net)

M

miller6055

Generally the .com names are much more valuable, probaly 5-10X the other TLDs.

Thus I'd base my decision on the other TLD issue on my perceived value of the domains. If I thought the .com name was worth $500 or more, then the .net and .org version are probably worth more than the cost to register.

Not a lot of great sales going on anyway, however, so I personally wouldn't waste money speculating outside .com unless for decent names in .biz or .info that have been missed.

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Usually I stick to .com, unless I really like the domain or think it might have traffic. Sometimes its a good idea to pick up the other extensions if available.

RMF

domainAddict

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
What about .us?

Will .biz .us .info gain on reputation and value in about a year from now, or is that a long shot?

M

mole

Long shot?

Go to Google and type in the search box :-

site:info (anything you want)

eg,

site:info media

Same with .biz

Thousands of webmasters are already building for .info and .biz.

I won't call it a long shot by any short measures.

domainAddict

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
So you are optimistic about .us, .biz and .info?

.us seems good for US related industry, but it is limited to US surfers in my oppinion, since .us indicates that service is available in usa. That narrows down the costumer base, and thats what lowers the value i guess.

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree with mole.

The .com .net .org is nothing for the first 1, 2 or maybe 3 years. But look them now after 10 years, all word in dictionary book were all gone. The .info and .biz will provide competition in the years to come.

This will do the same for other ccTLD as long as the registrar sell it the way .com .net .org .info .biz e.g. around 8.95 to 10.

Cheers,
tw

mef666

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
.com .net

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom