Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

What to do with a PR5?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmkrulz

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi, today, i happened to have come accross a expired PR5 domain (www.aventuraliteraria.com) , now, my instinct to regg it was obvious...the page rank, i looked up the meaning and found that the words meant: risky literature , or something along those lines, so i am wondering, what can i, or should a do with this domain, first thing i did was to give it a index page, asap, so i gave it a cpanel account under my reseller, now, i am just wondering what my options are with the domain, i know i could easily turn it into a link farm, but maybe developing a site would be better? any suggestions are appreciated, also , i used the wayback machine to see what the older sites were, and it turns out it used to be some sort of spanish editorial site, i dont necessarily want to go with a spanish site since i am not exactly fluent in the language myself...

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hmmmm

maybe copy the old site and run it thru a translator.

then edit and add content, translate eng > spanish and publish with adsense.

don't know if it's all legal or not, but it's a option to investigate!

mmkrulz

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
biggedon said:
hmmmm

maybe copy the old site and run it thru a translator.

then edit and add content, translate eng > spanish and publish with adsense.

don't know if it's all legal or not, but it's a option to investigate!
I was taught, "punishment for copyright infringement is harsh" , so i would really rather not go with that option, but the meaning of the domain seems generic, so almost anything in literature should work, i just want to see what my options in the field of literature are, good idea though, but i'd rather not risk copyright infringement, and in any case, it was a editorial site, so i dont know how i would update the site anyhow.

mmkrulz

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mmkrulz said:
I am confused, would someone mind explaining a bit to me? and even if it is not real, i guess i didnt lose much, considering it only cost $8 to reg. it, but still, i'd like an explanation.

that is a cache of the domain.. if it is leading to a different domain once you click on it, then it means that it is not real.

here is a real one;

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=www.dnforum.com&btnG=Google+Search

mmkrulz

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Also, does this mean anything: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&q=link:www.aventuraliteraria.com

it was expired, so i had to re-reg it, thats why the cache is older, if i re-develope the domain in the right about of time, then i can keep the page rank, i did this with another domain a little while back, the cache just needs updating on google's end.

And even in google search results, so many websites with good PR are linking to this one, Cant that be the reason the page rank stays as well?

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mmkrulz said:
Also, does this mean anything: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&q=link:www.aventuraliteraria.com

it was expired, so i had to re-reg it, thats why the cache is older, if i re-develope the domain in the right about of time, then i can keep the page rank, i did this with another domain a little while back, the cache just needs updating on google's end.

And even in google search results, so many websites with good PR are linking to this one, Cant that be the reason the page rank stays as well?

right, i get it that it was expired.. you can develop and re-develop all you want, the pagerank has nothing to do with whether if there is one blank page or 1000 unique content pages... pr is calculated from other sites linking to a domain.

in this case, this domain was redirecting to another domain, which was infact a pr5, google caught it and cached it... and it is now treating it as if it was a clone....but not for long.

mmkrulz

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mike031 said:
right, i get it that it was expired.. you can develop and re-develop all you want, the pagerank has nothing to do with whether if there is one blank page or 1000 unique content pages... pr is calculated from other sites linking to a domain.

in this case, this domain was redirecting to another domain, which was infact a pr5, google caught it and cached it... and it is now treating it as if it was a clone....but not for long.
but i see alot of other sites that are a PR5 that link directly to this one, so wouldnt that also effect the PR of the domain?

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mmkrulz said:
but i see alot of other sites that are a PR5 that link directly to this one, so wouldnt that also effect the PR of the domain?

that may be... but the pagerank calculated by google right now is based on the other domain, since it was pointing to it... makes sense?

mmkrulz

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mike031 said:
that may be... but the pagerank calculated by google right now is based on the other domain, since it was pointing to it... makes sense?
yes, i understand that, so if the pagerank got re-calculated, it should still stand some weight seeing how alot of good PR sites link to this URL, and not the other URL, so i guess the PR would drop , not dissappear altogether, right?

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mmkrulz said:
yes, i understand that, so if the pagerank got re-calculated, it should still stand some weight seeing how alot of good PR sites link to this URL, and not the other URL, so i guess the PR would drop , not dissappear altogether, right?

maybe yes... maybe no...... who knows :)

google usually bans this type of sites sooner or later once it discovers that this is going on... no update is needed. just one random day you will see your site pagerankless and banned.

mmkrulz

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mike031 said:
maybe yes... maybe no...... who knows :)

google usually bans this type of sites sooner or later once it discovers that this is going on... no update is needed. just one random day you will see your site pagerankless and banned.
yes, but it is no longer under that website even, this is now on a server with its own html page...so either best case scenario, i get lucky and keep my rank, or worst case, i get banned...

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mmkrulz said:
yes, but it is no longer under that website even, this is now on a server with its own html page...so either best case scenario, i get lucky and keep my rank, or worst case, i get banned...

only time will tell... good luck.

mmkrulz

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mike031 said:
only time will tell... good luck.
welll, until then, i think i will develope it, and if i lose money on it, its ok, cause so far, ive only put $16 into it. ;-)

Mr. Deleted

DNForum Mod
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mike031 said:

From what I hear, he will lose, then if he re developes the site, he can gain it back. I have 2 names that were expired and then lost their PR6 rank, so it is a matter of time with new content for them to re rank it higher.

mmkrulz

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mr. Deleted said:
From what I hear, he will lose, then if he re developes the site, he can gain it back. I have 2 names that were expired and then lost their PR6 rank, so it is a matter of time with new content for them to re rank it higher.
Well, another domain i had, went through a PR Update, and kept its PR, so ive had a positive experience with this...but i need to develope asap, so any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom