Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

What type of feed is DS using?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alojah

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Anyone know what type of advertising feed is DomainSponsor using - Google, Yahoo, there own?

maxo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As far as I know they use Revenue.net feed, not sure though

Tom K.

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
They operate Information.com and I think they get feed from Oxide.com. If it's wrong someone correct me.

Update: just checked Oxide and it looks like YPN results.

Keynes

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
They use many feeds (13, I believe) and aggregate them according to highest PPC rates

alojah

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
To bad they couldn't invest a little more money and create better looking landing pages. I'm sure it would help the CTR's.

hiOsilver

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The primary feed for DS is Google. You can check that out easily. Go to a DS landing page and click on one of the top keywords. Do not click through to any of the advertisers. Then open another browser window at Google.com. Search on that keyword. You should see pretty much the same results for the paid search on Google that you see on a DS landing page. However, DS sometimes does redirects straight to advertisers that they work with (when the payment to the traffic owner is greater than the payment you would get from the Google or other feed). Also, DS uses other feeds in addition to Google.

maxo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If they use Google, it's pretty interesting why there is no 48 hours delay with the revenue update.

hiOsilver

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If they use Google, it's pretty interesting why there is no 48 hours delay with the revenue update.

I believe that DS and all other services receiving Google or Yahoo feed and reporting income are estimating income during the day. They have real time data on traffic and keywords and use recent data to project the revenue from those domains.

maxo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I know about other providers: ND, Parked, TrafficZ, Streamic - They all update real revenue after 48 hours, but I have not noticed that it is the case with DS. Btw do you know what is Revenue Share with DS?

j8jweb

DNF Veteran
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If that is the case, then it may be that DS assign arbitrary values to clicks. This is good in some ways because it makes revenue more predictable for the user.

cayars

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Nope, DS is a VERY, VERY large customer for Google. My Google rep has told me they have a special contract and get bid prices in the feed. I'm also told they won't do this anymore. That's what I've been told by a Google employee anyway and it does make sense as DS bid prices never change once posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom