Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

For Sale What would you do in this situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

burgerman

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Let's say hypothetically you hand registered a 1-2 generic word .ca domain. After a year of owning it you forget to renew it (you have a lot of domains and you lost track of this one). You decide to move on and not buy the domain back because you think it would be too expensive to do so. So you move on and focus your attention on your other domains. A few months go by and you check to see who owns the domain only to discover that no one owns it! You check the whois history and find that no one touched the domain.

Is this a 100% clear indication that this particular .ca domain isn't valuable? Would you register it again or leave it alone?

Domain Days 2024

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is this a 100% clear indication that this particular .ca domain isn't valuable?
Certainly not. Many decent domains expire and slip through the cracks every day. But I just can't register every decent domain I see unless I have a use for it.

south

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Certainly not. Many decent domains expire and slip through the cracks every day. But I just can't register every decent domain I see unless I have a use for it.

Exactly. Lots of good pricing on domains, real estate, stocks, etc... Can't buy everything just because it's a "good deal".

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Depends what you think is valuable... most average to below average domains get picked up in TBR. They must not be that valuable if they were dropped and not picked up.

Namefox

Namefox
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Personally, I would move on. If it wasn't picked up at TBR, then it probably isn't worth it. With that said, if you see value in developing it, pick it back up. For instance, Cessation just recently dropped. No one grabbed it at TBR so I bought it for reg fee. I am going to develop it into a smoking cessation site using a sub domain smoking.cessation.ca

Belzibut

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It's often a good indication of it's value but only if you plan to sell to investor/resellers. If you are planning on selling to end users then it might be a really good domain especially if it is a service + city domains but you have to do your research.

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is it a commercial one or two word generic? Lots of words have no commercial use and have less worth, IMO. Plus, if it made it through TBR it is likely not that valuable. If you renew it, you have to have a reason - such as it has traffic, or you can see a use for it. Will you somehow at least make the renewal fee back in one or two years? That said, there is always the gem out there that slips through the cracks, and sometimes it just takes that one person to see the value in it, and benefit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom