Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

What's going on with DomainSponsor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

flong101

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi,

We have been with DS with many years and things have been going well. As of last week however, stats across all x,xxx domains dropped significantly and the drop continues. We have incurred 50% drop in income and the bleed continues. This has coincided with their 'stats being updated' that suddenly started occurring daily as of last week. We first thought this was a fluke. It happened before that stats go down for a day but they usually correct it the next. This time, it's been 7 days and shows no sign of abating. Our income this week was less than what we were doing in 2004 before all the changes to DS,... and our doubling of our domain portfolio.

Is anyone else experiencing the same?

Feedback is appreciated

Frank

triumph

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Frank, I have also been with domain sponsor for a few years now, and this month has been horrible.

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
they also seem to be having a problem with manual keywords, the page just fails...I contacted them 3 days ago but still no fix although they said they were working on it. The amazing thing is the rev that they are also loosing due to this one problem...you think they would work overtime on it but that seems very unlikely. Their auto opt is only good for some domains and you can do much better setting your own keywords on the others, but not if the function is not functioning....smooth move DS

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just this morning I had asked for links to some of their landers as I WAS considering taking a few names back there.

This happened perhaps three to four years ago when they supposedly had a "software upgrade". My revenue fell by as much as 80% on some of the domain names and domains were even registering $0.00 per click.

Numerous emails went unanswered. I ended up closing all my accounts.

Sorry to see this going on for you guys/gals but I will continue monitor this thread and see if any response is forthcoming from DomainSponsor.

flong101

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The trouble continues. RPMs lowest in 5 years, RPC lowest, Traffic counted slashed by half the usual average,...

This has gone far too long and no one has addressed anything yet.

For the first time in 5 years, I am thinking of jumping ship.

Quite an unbelievable turn of events.

Frank

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The trouble continues. RPMs lowest in 5 years, RPC lowest, Traffic counted slashed by half the usual average,...

This has gone far too long and no one has addressed anything yet.

For the first time in 5 years, I am thinking of jumping ship.

Quite an unbelievable turn of events.

Frank
As I mentioned, this is not the first time this has occurred. Oddly enough, this previous event was followed by a "buy out". DS may be sweetening the coffers from another offer...

flong101

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Doc Com,

What you are describing amounts to intentional and criminal theft. I can't believe and definitely hope that this is not the case here. Still hoping they will come up with some kind of technical glitch explanation and issue the appropriate refund to our account. I have been with DS since their early days and it's mind boggling to see what is going on.

I am debating what is the best option to address this sudden loss of thousands of dollars our domains have suffered these last 10 days. I am now considering using my right to audit my domain numbers as per their agreement. Has anyone gone that way so far?

Frank

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Doc Com,

What you are describing amounts...
Frank
Whenever stats don't add up, whenever high traffic suddenly disappears and CTR drops dramatically, I do get suspicious. Traffic that was there just doesn't go away. Especially with long standing historical performing domains that get thousands of visitors.

First, look over your landers. See if there has been much change to content, relevant ads, etc.

If traffic is still coming and people are clicking as they were in my case, if a click is paying $0.00 or $0.01, then where is that money that was coming in going? I saw domains dropping by as much as 80% in revenue. Weeks went by with questions asked and no response.

This was followed by the announcement of a sale a few months later.

So, yeah...I am suspicious. These companies bitch about click fraud when there is absolutely no transparency or disclosure on their end. Fraud is fraud, I don't care what industry this applies to.

Sure, bold statements coming from me. But I still have unanswered questions from years past and seems to be the continuance of same. Not to mention their reps contacting me (unsolicited emails) wanting my business back but then again, no response when I asked the same questions and asked for assurances.

sudesh

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, surprising that DS is down so low these days and I know our group has suffered almost more than 50% these last few days, now more than a week. If this trend is to continue, we will be moving away from DS for sure. Who will be the fortunate company to receive all that traffic???

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not an easy solution as there seems to be problems with all. March and the beginning of April was horrendous for me and many others at Sedo. May is much better and back on track.

Parked had some credibility problems with some members (including myself).

This is not a flaming thread so lets not make it one in relation to the aforementioned firms. Simply observations.

I came here to find out what is up with DS after being told I should try a few of my high traffic/low rev domains with DS and simply asked for some landers to view.

Now we have this issue to deal with...

SDX

KXX.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The best thing about DS lately is their free T-shirt and some little gifts they send me from time to time! :D :lol: :smilewinkgrin:

H

H2FC

how long does it normally take for DS to answer their email? Its been over 24 hours already. Thanks

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I did not get my free T-shirt LOL

SDX

KXX.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Maybe they don't even send the T-Shirts anymore! :D :lol:
I wouldn't know now since I moved most of my names away from them and Revenue.net :smilewinkgrin:

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I guess so ... maybe they are sending invite to their private party.

diddle32

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about building a tool where DS customers could upload their YTD reports and we could collectively see the trends in clicks, cpv, rpc, total rev, etc. Anyone interested?

I have already built a tool for myself where I upload my daily reports each day and it shows me a line chart on whether a particular domain is dropping in revenue and traffic over X days. Gives me a good indicator on when I should dump a domain.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about building a tool where DS customers could upload their YTD reports and we could collectively see the trends in clicks, cpv, rpc, total rev, etc. Anyone interested?

I have already built a tool for myself where I upload my daily reports each day and it shows me a line chart on whether a particular domain is dropping in revenue and traffic over X days. Gives me a good indicator on when I should dump a domain.
If the gist of this thread is dropping revenue based simply on dropping revenue for no logical reason, then looking at a trending report may not be a fair indicator for you to judge.

If you were to go solely on the trends and not on the marketability of the name (in other words, you are CONVINCED it is a good name), then you would perhaps be making a mistake. The next logical thing to do is take that same name to a different parking company and try it there. Different domains do differently at other sites.

I personally have had problems with DS in the past. They were undergoing some software changes and then a buyout.

Now, if it is a dog and you know its a dog, then drop it.

However, if it's a dog like this, then don't drop it!

Say hello to Mobi, our latest addition to the pack (he makes number 5). Gorgeous lab rescued from the local animal shelter last Wednesday. This monster is perhaps 3 months old and already 25 pounds. Some dogs should NOT BE DROPPED under any circumstances!

531890196_7b1e6399b8_m.jpg

525607908_bf7edcb04b_m.jpg

532039487_32750f6c5b_m.jpg
This is Cotton, our first rescued lab. She has now completed her third obedience course, a must for consideration as a therapy dog. She will be trained for Brenner's Childrens' Hospital. In addition, she will undergo training as a Reading Therapy dog, a relatively new approach to helping kids with speech impediments or difficulty speaking or reading. Kids loose all inhibitions when cuddled up with a big fluffy dog and reading a story to it.

What better place to talk about a mobi and a dog than on a domain forum! :approve:

SDX

KXX.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If the gist of this thread is dropping revenue based simply on dropping revenue for no logical reason, then looking at a trending report may not be a fair indicator for you to judge.

If you were to go solely on the trends and not on the marketability of the name (in other words, you are CONVINCED it is a good name), then you would perhaps be making a mistake. The next logical thing to do is take that same name to a different parking company and try it there. Different domains do differently at other sites.

I personally have had problems with DS in the past. They were undergoing some software changes and then a buyout.

Now, if it is a dog and you know its a dog, then drop it.

However, if it's a dog like this, then don't drop it!

Say hello to Mobi, our latest addition to the pack (he makes number 5). Gorgeous lab rescued from the local animal shelter last Wednesday. This monster is perhaps 3 months old and already 25 pounds. Some dogs should NOT BE DROPPED under any circumstances!

531890196_7b1e6399b8_m.jpg

525607908_bf7edcb04b_m.jpg

532039487_32750f6c5b_m.jpg
This is Cotton, our first rescued lab. She has now completed her third obedience course, a must for consideration as a therapy dog. She will be trained for Brenner's Childrens' Hospital. In addition, she will undergo training as a Reading Therapy dog, a relatively new approach to helping kids with speech impediments or difficulty speaking or reading. Kids loose all inhibitions when cuddled up with a big fluffy dog and reading a story to it.

What better place to talk about a mobi and a dog than on a domain forum! :approve:

BEAUTIFUL DOGS, Doc Com!!! :yes:

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
BEAUTIFUL DOGS, Doc Com!!! :yes:
Thanks! Very proud of them.

Nice finger, Peter.

I am still trying to figure out the Carolina Hurricanes logo on a Kappa brand shirt (European make usually for soccer) that you are wearing in your avatar.

532498960_f9cd5edb69_m.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom