Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

What's the best premuim domain you know wasted on parking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulbakerboo

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would like everyone to say the best premium domains
they know wasted on parking?

cbk

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
90% of premium domain names Boo.

CamMK27

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Brazil.com - It is not even parked so it is completely wasted. It was sold for $500,000 a few years ago and still has a Godaddy home page. So the only one benefiting and making some money is Godaddy. I don't know what plans did the new owner had but regardless they had too much money to waste and not even make a cent back. What a shame.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A domain that a "group" of domain investors purchased several years ago after an attorney for a sports team with the same name thought he was bidding 1/1000th of what he was actually bidding.

It's now just a search page, and has been ever since.

hawkeye

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just curious, but why would a domain name be considered 'wasted', if it is making the owner of that name money? And some parked names make a 'lot' of money. So, it's kinda a subjective question, as one of the main reasons people own domains is to make money with them, not cow-tow to what others 'think' they should do with them!

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A domain that a "group" of domain investors purchased several years ago after an attorney for a sports team with the same name thought he was bidding 1/1000th of what he was actually bidding.
Another piece of quality work by Jerry Jones's organization! :)

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Take a look at beer.com - Purchased for $7 million and parked.

It has a for sale sign on the page, guarantee they want less than 7 million now.

-=DCG=-

tetrapak

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just curious, but why would a domain name be considered 'wasted', if it is making the owner of that name money? And some parked names make a 'lot' of money. So, it's kinda a subjective question, as one of the main reasons people own domains is to make money with them, not cow-tow to what others 'think' they should do with them!

...because the visitors who type in that premium name would expect something useful on it.

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It wasn't Jerry Jones that overpaid for it. ;)
No, but it was his minions who thought they could buy this highly premium one-word .com at an open auction for under $300!

hawkeye

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
...because the visitors who type in that premium name would expect something useful on it.
So then 'all' domains that are typed-in 'should' have something useful on them too then right?? Just like every plot of 'premium' land 'should' have something useful built on it too. Yet they don't. So many people are being disappointed not finding what they 'expect' to find. So sad.

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So then 'all' domains that are typed-in 'should' have something useful on them too then right?? Just like every plot of 'premium' land 'should' have something useful built on it too. Yet they don't. So many people are being disappointed not finding what they 'expect' to find. So sad.
I think when most domainers say a premium domain is "wasted", they mean it's making a lot less than if a good commerce site were developed on it. Just because it's making money through parking, that doesn't mean the owner isn't leaving lots more on the table. (But it's certainly the owner's prerogative to use the domain as he or she sees fit.)

paulbakerboo

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The reason I say that most premium domains are wasted on parked pages is because they don't
look very professional and people would never go back to that website again. Also when
domains are developed with useful information this will keep the customers on your website longer
and find what they are looking for and make them less likely to go on search engines.

Imagine all the best premium domains developed into successful websites this would help
the domaining community to start gaining power back again.

Domainers have to step up their game now before it's too late! I don't want to offend
anyone who is parking domains but other domainers on this thread must agree with me
that it's not good for domainers to park domains.

tetrapak

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

It is sad. It's also a sad domainers mentality that if a domain makes sufficient parking revenue then it should not be developed. Developing is a win-win situation. Both the visitor will be satisfied to find the information he wanted, and the site owner to earn several times the parking revenue. The difference between a premium land and a domain is that the latter can be visited by anyone. So yes, a domain owner is responsible for the content placed (or the lack of it) on his property. I'm guilty myself also, but trying to have less and less of the good ones undeveloped.

silentg

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
fix.com - This domain isn't being parked but it's used for social network site (clone of facebook). I don't think they're making any money from this. So much potential but it's being wasted.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
germany.com is a good contender.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom