Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

What's the deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
What's the big deal? I would consider it the next logical step. It would help separate those that are here for business & profit vs. those that are just chit-chatting on "yet another forum".

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
RADiSTAR said:
What's the big deal? I would consider it the next logical step. It would help separate those that are here for business & profit vs. those that are just chit-chatting on "yet another forum".
Actually, I recall the original membership from the Gregr days was annual: http://dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=21805&highlight=membership+annual

I think I paid my annual membership twice before it became "lifetime" - my little badge should say "double platinum"! :cheeky:

guile

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The only ads I ever notice are the banners on the right side of the index...I really don't have any problems with the google ads at all and it's not like they are placed where you have no choice but to read them...There are some sites that require you to watch a full page ad for a couple seconds before the site loads, so it could be worse.

Maybe it's just me, but I honestly wouldn't be bothered if more advertisements were added. Once you learn where they are, it is easy to tune them out each visit and just focus on content. I'm sure the majority of clicks come from people who are new and just learning their way around the site. I'm willing to bet that moving the location of advertisements every couple of days would likely increase click through rates of regular visitors...but that is a topic for another thread.

As far as the DNForum ads, all I can say is welcome to the internet. I would certainly prefer to see ads than pay a monthly fee. Maybe adding the option to pay a small monthly fee to disable ads would help, but I wouldn't use it.

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

furca

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The annual membership, would definately knock me off from here, and they could never do that, becuase we paid for LIFETIME memberships, so they could not go back :D

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I'm not saying DCG should change his business plan - I am simply saying that I would be willing to pay an annual membership fee.

guile

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree, if it came down to it, I would pay a annual fee - assuming it is reasonably priced.

SouthernTn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sarcle said:
Oh and your sig .....that isn't your quote. You need to address who wrote it or your ripping them off. Oh, I guess your used to that.

:huh: :huh: On forums people usually just quote something they have heard and don't know who it originally came from. No big deal

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sarcle said:
I'm sorry did I offend you? Well, okay I guess I'll live.

Oh and your sig .....that isn't your quote. You need to address who wrote it or your ripping them off. Oh, I guess your used to that.
Do you honestly think I'd be offended by you? Compared to the people I deal with you're two tenths of five eighths of f*** all.

The sig thing is really grasping at straws and makes you look like a little fool. The quote (which you incorrectly quoted) is from RATM - I made it in reference to the little line that appears above the sig. Think about - it might take you a while to figure it out. For your future reference, n00b, I can put whatever the hell I like in my sig.

The comment about me ripping people off is outright libel - you'll be hearing from my lawyer unless you post a full page apology on www.sarcle.com and mail a hardcopy to the address below within five working days:
Chris Beach
PO Box 30,
Ord Street, West Perth,
Western Australia,
Australia, 6005

And no, I'm not calling your bluff. You want to play with the big boys? Well, you just bought in.

According to your profile I'm only 9 months older than you, but based on the way you act and your blatantly incorrect postings, I can't help think you're 14. In fact, that's an insult to several of the teenage members here who are infinitely more professional than you.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Dang it Chris, you're a young lad compared to cotton-eared me :-D

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
RADiSTAR said:
Dang it Chris, you're a young lad compared to cotton-eared me :-D
My business partner was born in '67 - I always give him lots of schtick about being 'old' hehe :cheeky:

M

mole

Life's a beach, beach. Just let the wave wash the sucking barnicle away, no worries.

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Beachie said:
Do you honestly think I'd be offended by you? Compared to the people I deal with you're two tenths of five eighths of f*** all.

The sig thing is really grasping at straws and makes you look like a little fool. The quote (which you incorrectly quoted) is from RATM - I made it in reference to the little line that appears above the sig. Think about - it might take you a while to figure it out. For your future reference, n00b, I can put whatever the hell I like in my sig.

The comment about me ripping people off is outright libel - you'll be hearing from my lawyer unless you post a full page apology on www.sarcle.com and mail a hardcopy to the address below within five working days:
Chris Beach
PO Box 30,
Ord Street, West Perth,
Western Australia,
Australia, 6005

Or I wouldn't have got this pm from you:
Well obviously I have offended you, or you wouldn't be going to such great-lengths to shut me up.

You'll need to place the statement below on the front page of www.sarcle.com for a period of no less than 365 days, and also mail a signed, witnessed copy to my lawyer at the following address:

Mr Jeremy Malcolm, Barrister & Solicitor
11/ 116 Mounts Bay Road
Perth, Western Australia,
Australia 6805

The statement I made was in reference to the sig and to your avitor. And was made in jest. If you want and apology, well you have one. There you go.
I'm sorry.

I never said that you ripped anyone off in any buisness dealings, as far as that goes I'm sure your one hundred percent legit.

Good luck.
Adam Koehler.

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Five days and counting.

SouthernTn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well now Im laughing at the actions of 2 people instead of just 1 lol

People take things wayyy too far these days. IMHO that is :-D

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
SouthernTn said:
Well now Im laughing at the actions of 2 people instead of just 1 lol

People take things wayyy too far these days. IMHO that is :-D
Perhaps some people don't take things seriously enough?

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
He got his apology and is still acting childish.

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sarcle said:
He got his apology and is still acting childish.
This is exactly why I'm gonna go out of my way to bust your balls. Apologise on my terms as requested and I won't make you suffer any financial loss.

SouthernTn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Beachie said:
Perhaps some people don't take things seriously enough?

I just love posts when someone is quick to re-act with "My lawyer is contacting you if you don't do this within this X amount of days"

When the matter could easily be handled in another way.

Whats really funny is how you're asking him to apologize to you on his website for a full year. That really cracks me up given the situation on how this all started. :laugh: :laugh:

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
SouthernTn said:
I just love posts when someone is quick to re-act with "My lawyer is contacting you if you don't do this within this X amount of days"

When the matter could easily be handled in another way.
By keeping his libel to himself? :) He dug his own hole..
SouthernTn said:
Whats really funny is how you're asking him to apologize to you on his website for a full year. That really cracks me up given the situation on how this all started. :laugh: :laugh:
Well, it seems that rational discussion didn't work the first time he spewed in my thread, so I figure a little humiliation might do the trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom