Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

What's the word on .cn domain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnywj

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
China and Chinese culture is rich in history, religion, and tradition. I have been looking at the traditional and culture of China and getting some decent regs with very good traffic in simplified Chinese IDN. Have been primarily dealing in the .com and .net. I have perhaps 2-4 .cn.

One issue I see with .cn are decent prices for me to register. If the cost is 1 yuan then there is no reason at all for me to be paying $10.00 or more for a new reg.

And seeing that simplified Chinese characters are common in Japanese and Korean culture and language, to me at the present it makes more sense to concentrate on .com IDN.

Unless someone wants to point me to a very reasonable and cheap (but ultimately secure) .cn registrar. Realistically, I don't think the cost of registering a .cn should be more than $0.99 to $1.99 USD considering 1 yuan is about 30 cents (if that much).

1 Yuan = 13 cents

I own over 2000 .CN and .COM.CN names my self.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
1 Yuan = 13 cents

I own over 2000 .CN and .COM.CN names my self.
I was thinking it was 13 or 30.

So, any good registrars that are fair and reasonable in pricing?

Want one that is not going to disappear overnight.

What is the worst case? The worst case is leave US alone with its cables and built a new internet. That is all .
I believe that is already in the works. China is claiming the need based on Earthquakes that have disrupted Chinese internet. China claims by controlling its own internet and root servers this would not happen. And they may be right.

Plus I am also very curious as to why Google has suddenly announced plans to a new undersea cable in the Billions of USD. My suspicion is for the very reason you claim.

ComputerClub

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was thinking it was 13 or 30.

Want one that is not going to disappear overnight.
I do not know so cheap registrars i saw Godaddy at 19.99$
for me it is too much for domains.

Exchange rate is :
1 CYN = 0.13 USD
or
7.5 CYN = 1 USD

I believe that is already in the works. China is claiming the need based on Earthquakes that have disrupted Chinese internet. China claims by controlling its own internet and root servers this would not happen. And they may be right.

Plus I am also very curious as to why Google has suddenly announced plans to a new undersea cable in the Billions of USD. My suspicion is for the very reason you claim.
you r right Dot Com, i was just kidding by the worst scene,i meant a worst scene is a scene which is impossible for any country in the world.

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

NeedName.com offer $9.95/year registration for .CN renewal is $29.95/year.

I have some .CN investment as well. And I have decent sales, if the buyer agree to disclose the sale. I will post it here.

Regards,
em

bwhhisc

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
At Dynadot.com- Until Dec. 31st, "CN Domains only $2.99 for a limited time. First year only. Additional years, renewals, and transfers only $19.99".

Dynadot offers idn.cn it is $39.95, a bit less if you buy in bulk purchase program.

For my 2 cents, worth the money to register some good generic IDN.cn ;)

johnnywj

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I can register .CN for peoples through my reseller place www.DomainNicePrice.com for only $1.49 each
This price is only available if you pay me on paypal so i can register the
names for you my self and insert them to your account.

How long i can offer this low price i don't know but i guess
until the end of this year.

If you register directly from the site the price is $9.79 each and
the same price for renewal.

If you have any questions then send me a PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom