Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

When you have a great idea, the domain tasters appears

Status
Not open for further replies.

fischermx

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It happened to me again. I never win. It happens that all my ideas are taken, some times, for days.
This time, some domains I needed for an idea I have, were taken, just this monday !! Yikes !! I can't believe, just for a few days I could not have this domain.
I now just cross finger and pray God the guys let them guy after 4 days ... I'll try to grab them tomorrow night and friday morning and see if they let them go...

Domain Days 2024

Rushh

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The domain i wanted to register had expired, actually pretty worthless (but i wanted it, but didnt backorder it :p). But then too it was grabbed by one of the major domain tasters. Luckily they let it go and i just regged it!

fischermx

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that's what I hope this time.
I usually have too much carefull with this things, but this time, my entusiasm betrayed me and I visited the page !! ooouchh ! I know I should not visit the page, but somehow I was blocked. I should realize it was a domain taster, but I missed it this time.

I hope they don't keep it because one visit. They were 3 domains, two by the same registrar and one for other.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What category names were they?

If the names are reasonable keyword names then 1 unique in 4 days may be considered good enough to keep since there could be more hits down the road and 8/mo seems likely.

Say it gets 100/year (1 almost every 4/days) and a 25% parked CTR, and earns .30c click, that adds up to 25 clicks at .30c each, or $7.50/yr., which is better than reg fee, making the name profitable even with no traffic increase.

fischermx

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yikes, that's what I am worried for.

Name are spanish and lenghty, composed of two keywords. So, I doubt the 0.30c a click. At least I didn't click the ads.
I just hope they don't keep them.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi

when I get an idea about a domain name that I think is great....

I quickly write it down, then erase it from my mind before the thought of it can float back to space.

cause you know, that's where ideas come from!

:rolleyes:

fischermx

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was suspecting that !
:greensmile:

DeluxeNames.com

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi
when I get an idea about a domain name that I think is great....
I quickly write it down, then erase it from my mind before the thought of it can float back to space.
cause you know, that's where ideas come from!
:rolleyes:
In other words you don't register domains when you get ideas anymore? Where's the fun in life :mullet:

poing

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
How about registering it right away instead of writing it down? And don't forget to wear the tinfoil hat ;-)

/Frank

fischermx

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That's what I do ! And when I try to register it happen it was registered a month or two ago, or three, anyway it is too few time difference.
But this time it was 3 days ago ! ouchh !

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Or purchase a Blackberry to register while on the road :greenwink:
I recover many names from the tasters, instead of going to the site, check if the name is available for example using enom. Do not use godaddy, their whois appears not be real-time.
Good luck

fischermx

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
YYYyyyyeessss, Yyeesss, YYyees, Yeessss !!!
WOWOWOWOWOW !! Domain dropped again today !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom