Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Where best to invest $100k?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DryHeat

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
... but you can be sure I can piss further then Leading Names....:smow: .............
Are you a prostitute Leading Names?
No doubt...not only you can piss further than anyone else, but also you seem to have the proclivity to piss directly on others.

Domain Days 2024

NameAlot.com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Leading Names et al,

Why is it that the only people who are getting mad at what I post are those with their own agenda in mind. I welcome the community to look at some of the past post by Leading Names and the other guy and see that they all have a hugh .info portfolio that they are trying to promote/peddle to a potential new commer as some grand 'proclivity'. The guy asked for some simple advice, simple as that. Thank God for members like Biggedon and Whothatdog to offer quality advice. However, you 2 are all focued on Sale SAle SALE!.... life is more about domaining, show some class for goodness sakes!!!

syed

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

DryHeat

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Leading Names et al,
... However, you 2 are all focued on Sale SAle SALE!.... life is more about domaining, show some class for goodness sakes!!!
I can only speak for myself.....I accept your challenge regarding my history....which would unequivocally demonstrate that I have bought hundreds of names (always in new tlds) on the forums over the last 4-5 years. On the other hand, I've almost never sold any domains on the forums....may be once or twice in last 5+ years....since I don't consider forums a place to sell the kind of names I have. In fact, over the years many forum members have inquired about my names and I almost always tell them that I don't sell to other domainers. So I preach what I do myself, and put my money where my mouth is.

furca

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree with in your opinion !

Considering 95% of the US population doesn't know .INFO exists. PLus it doesn't sound professional.

And the only YUPPIES who support INFO own atleast 1.

Well I own about 15 but still, they suck. period.

NameAlot.com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Considering 95% of the US population doesn't know .INFO exists. PLus it doesn't sound professional.

:amen:

D

Deleted member 70408

.info's suck.

just buy revenue earning names.

Agreed. I can't think of one popular .info name that receives type-in traffic. In theory, a generic .info may be good, but the .net/.com will always get more traffic. Even if the .info is branded, much traffic will still goto the .com. I highly doubt the reverse is likely.

PeterMan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have also been looking for advice on this topic, and while I don't have anywhere close to the kind of money that silvertiger has access to, I am looking at ways to make smart investments that will pay off in the future.

One mistake I have made is to jump in too quick and buy too many domains that are not worth the investment. I certainly have not lost my shirt or anything, but it is still a waste of money. So right now I have stopped buying and I am saving up and learning as much as I can ... I think this is the most important part, learn as much as you can...

If I had the kind of money you have acceess to, I think I would look for some strong keyword domains that have traffic, and the keywords should be high-paying. These domains will cost more, obviously, but I think they are a good investment... Keywords like Mortgage, Insurance, and Credit pay well, and these are the types of keywords that have a great life span, they are not "trendy" they are everyday issues that millons of people face, and the businesses that are in these areas make millions and millions of dollars...

Just my $0.02 ... Good Luck!!

Creature

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Dictionary domains, all the way.

Agreed. Commonly used dictionary words are a great bet because of the limited availability. Like the NNN domains there are only a few to go around the whole planet.

Just choose a short word and try adding common services to the word to see if it is brandable. eg. 'ultra .com' (I don't own it). Brandable and easy to apply to services and products such as ultra loans, ultra electrics, ultra clothing etc.

Good Luck.

Preoccupy

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Right, me too!:painkiller:

duceman

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'd pay a premium at the drops. ( If you're very new, a drop service are sites like Snapnames, Pool, Enom, Namedroppers that "catch" expiring domains)

I don't know what your business model looks like, but I would not but all of my capital into just rev names. Assuming that this is all of the capital you have for this project I would be sure to spend X% on rev names X% development and X% on future value/ resale names.

As a few of the other members have stated, I would spend a little time reading old threads at the different forums ( Newbie posts, Scam warnings, bad member warnings). Go to Afternic and the DNJournal to do some research on sales history. Find the tools you'll need, here are a few....
OST, OVT bid tool, US trademarks, DNStuff, Acronym finder, Link check

Good luck and welcome :pop2:

SouthernTn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
just don't forget about *websites* and not just *domains* too :)

moving to the gold cafe , doesn't belong in wanted domains

droplister

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you feel the need to go websiting. Go for something with users. Whether it be user submitted content via a forum, uploads, comments, etc. or a membership service, user driven sites I feel are the best in terms of growth. Also look for something with a good mix of SE traffic/type ins/return visits/backlinks. If all the traffic is paid for that could be a problem unless your only paying $xxx in ads and making $xxxx in profit. Watch out for false stats, bought traffic(different from ads, im talking those popunder things), and just overall shitty sites. If you buy a forum make sure there are actual users and not just someguy talking to himself, or paid posters. The list goes on and on. Like SoutherTN said look for the ones with potential. You could pay top dollar for a site already running at 100% capacity or go for something more rough, shine it up, monetize it better and get more bang for your buck in the long run.

I dont really proof read, or organize ideas but thats some of my thoughts on buying websites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom