Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Where can I find a history of domain sales?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamachi

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I own some domains in tlds other than .com.
Trying to find if the .com equivalent was ever sold in the past and for how much. I'd like to know so that I can add it in the pitch of my sales threads.

Are there any good resources I can use? (I tried searching through "namebio.com" but it appears to show recent sales). Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks!

hamachi

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
dnsaleprice was extremely helpful. thank you.

H

H2FC

None of the websites I've used are any good at simply reporting all names sold on a daily or weekly basis. Why is it so difficult for someone to create a simple website showing all names sold for the past day or week? It seems to me they could do this and get all the domainers to view it on a regular basis. It would be easy to promote through the domain forums.....Put a few ads on it and have a steady stream of income. Domainers would click on the ads because they know better than anyone how a site's money is made....I believe they would be happy to support a good domain sales site.....One that showed ALL domains sold, not just a few select ones.

If I had the time and knowledge I would do it myself....in fact, if I had the knowledge I would find the time.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
None of the websites I've used are any good at simply reporting all names sold on a daily or weekly basis. Why is it so difficult for someone to create a simple website showing all names sold for the past day or week? It seems to me they could do this and get all the domainers to view it on a regular basis. It would be easy to promote through the domain forums.....Put a few ads on it and have a steady stream of income. Domainers would click on the ads because they know better than anyone how a site's money is made....I believe they would be happy to support a good domain sales site.....One that showed ALL domains sold, not just a few select ones.

If I had the time and knowledge I would do it myself....in fact, if I had the knowledge I would find the time.

It's not that easy. "Reported" sales mean absolutely nothing if they are not verified as any database would quickly be corrupted by phony sales. It takes hundreds of hours to verify sales and present information that is really credible. It also takes more than time and knowledge - it takes relationships - otherwise where are you going to get reliable information? I've spent years building relationships and trust with the people who run all of the major sales venues and as a result many of them report their sales only to us. Most of the other sales reporting sites copy data from our weekly reports and enter them in their databases (dnsaleprice is the only one that does it with our permission). Most of the other sites are corrupted by unverified sales that they also enter into their databases. We report sales starting at 1K (2K for .com). Because of the absolute necessity of verification to have anything meaningful we do not track the countless small sales reported as it would take an army of auditors to determine which ones are real. Anyone can throw up a sales site but producing one that people can actually trust to have a high degree of accuracy is a gargatuan task.

The few cents you can make from AdSense won't come remotely close to the cost of the labor involved - unless you find people who want to work for 10 cents an hour. The effort has to be supported by significant direct advertising revenues from major companies that can afford to consistently pay the bills. We have gained that industry-wide support but it has taken 5 years to get there and it has been and continues to be a more than full-time job to produce the kind of reports it takes to earn the level of support needed from readers and advertisers alike.

H

H2FC

Hi Duke....I just want to say I visit your site at least once a week and I appreciate the info you provide....you're doing a great job but I would like to see the sales starting from at least $500 up for all of the extensions. Why couldn't you just simply copy and paste all of these smaller sales from other websites? Of course you would have an informational message saying they were not verified by you but posted as sold by such and such other website.....would that be illegal? Wouldn't the other websites give you permission to do that?

If you could do that, it would make your site more valuable to me and I suspect to many others who would like to see the smaller value sales. As I said...you're doing a great job with what you do but I think you would have an even better and more popular sales site if you included as many of the smaller sales as possible. Thanks for your consideration.

hamachi

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It would be nice if all the brokerages could work together to contribute to a comprehensive list. Duke, I appreciate your hard work and giving us insight into how intricate the process of reporting sales really is.

I do suspect that it is to the brokerages advantage to keep their sales list as it will give them an upper hand on appraisals that we will want to order...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom