Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Who is Elequa? DNJournal.com Has the Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ever since I joined this forum last year, one question keeps popping up over and over - Who is Elequa?

Well now you can find out the answer - in depth - in the new cover story just published at Domain Name Journal.

There is also a new Editorial telling you why Your MUST Pay Attention to New Extensions, whether you intend to buy them or not.

Incidently, we expect to move DNJ out of Preview mode and into full time production this weekend. We have a couple more stories to write (including one on the new Domain Name Forum Gold/Platinum-Only Auction coming up March 16) and a few changes to make, then it's full speed ahead.

Sharpy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Very informative and well written. Thanks Duke

DomainGoon

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Nice article.

One small point. It says in the piece that not selling domains sets him apart. While it does set him apart from a lot of bulk domain owners, there were a number of high profile domain owners that had the same philosophy in the mid to late 90's, long before he started acquiring domains. Not selling domains in your portfolio is not a new idea.

Thanks for posting the link, good stuff.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DomainGoon
Nice article.

One small point. It says in the piece that not selling domains sets him apart. While it does set him apart from a lot of bulk domain owners, there were a number of high profile domain owners that had the same philosophy in the mid to late 90's, long before he started acquiring domains. Not selling domains in your portfolio is not a new idea.

That is a fair and accurate point DG. I never intended to convey that he did it exclusively, but since the sentence is not clear in that regard I have changed it to read "most others". Thanks for picking up on that. I do not want to slight many of the pioneers who have done just as you say.

TurNIC.com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
>>Being on the acquisition trail sometimes brings absurd offers from sellers who don’t realize that AL-Ghanim’s business skills are as sharp as his artistry. One dealer publicly complained in a forum when AL-Ghanim turned down his offer to sell him a 3-letter .com for $7,000. AL-Ghanim told the seller the name was worth $850 tops. A few weeks later, the seller put the name up for auction and the top bid was $780. Few professional domain appraisers ever come so close to the mark. >>>

Ok, let me say my opinion about this guy.

1. He is Ordinary since I can find you gazillions of arab people who were educated in england and got british culture. These british educated and crude oil rich families are abundant in kuwait. when George Bush the senior saved these guys we lost more than 40 billion dollars of revenue because of stopping trade, stopping pipeline etc. After the war ends, Kuwait thanked every country nearby even some absurd countries in asia, except Turkiye.

2. These shekh countries or ex-tyrants squeeze their own people. There are generally some elite families who got the cream on milk and remnant normal people lives in poverty. If you dont believe me go check United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Jordan. They all ruled by shekh families who were brain washed by english education and hated by their own people.

2. This is just a luck comes with oil driven money.

3. The domain talked above was mine. I offered him and he said it has no Type-ins. He asked me type-ins for 3 letter .com. Later I sold that name to an end-user for market price but not $850.

4. I will call a people extra-ordinary if he creates his own multimillion company from $100 hand-pocket money and creativity. Not by a multimullion dollar oil money support.

SAF

ShaunP

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
now this ought to get interesting ...

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by SirAlexFerguson
I will call a people extra-ordinary if he creates his own multimillion company from $100 hand-pocket money and creativity.

I take it you didn't like the "jealous competitors" part of the story either. :D

Whois-Search

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree that huge amounts of money must have helped him - but its his family and his money. Good luck to the guy !

Even the fees at www.rosey.ch make my University fees look like chicken feed LOL

Registration fee: CHF 2.000 (files, entrance exams, visits, etc.)

Guarantee deposit for extra expenses: CHF 6.000 (reimbursed after a pupil's departure)

The annual boarding and academic fees are CHF 66.000.
These are payable in two parts :

for the first two terms CHF 44.000 due on 31st July
for the third term CHF 22.000 due on 31st January

timechange.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DomainGoon
Nice article.

I believe that he sold a LOT of domains on ebay about 2-3 months ago. Correct me if I am wrong.

Domainaholic

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
>>SirAlexFerguson

With respect - I am sorry you hate us Arabs so much :(

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Duke, I saw the story earlier, but couldn't read it. The link on the main page points to an older story. Thanks.

~ Nexus

DomainGoon

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Duke

That is a fair and accurate point DG. I never intended to convey that he did it exclusively, but since the sentence is not clear in that regard I have changed it to read "most others". Thanks for picking up on that. I do not want to slight many of the pioneers who have done just as you say.

Hi Duke. Thanks for the reply. I wasn't criticizing you, Elequa, or the article, just giving credit to those who came before. :)

I'm looking forward to seeing what your site has to offer in the future.

TurNIC.com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Domainaholic
>>SirAlexFerguson

With respect - I am sorry you hate us Arabs so much :(

Domainaholic,

I do NOT hate arabs. I have got alot of arab friends in Cal whom I still communicate. They, themselves, say what I wrote here. Please go read some middle east history and you will see that those lands were in peace till 1915 under Ottoman empire till british spies provacated arab people and created todays artificial countries like Iraq, syria, jordan etc.

All these stuff;

1. the fact that british educated Shekh families are ruling those countries,
2. burgeoning of UAE, which is powered by american and EU money, as a hub to pump their products to the rich,
3. No democracy but only problem creating ME
4. The fact that middle east always pours like a hell bucket,

are all the steps of intentional british and american plans which has been applied since 1915 after the Ottoman empire collapsed.

so it is not so simple and shallow to explain the situation that this small turkish guy hates arabs. You need to read and learn alot of middle east history.

M

mole

hey greek god, know you know why I see your eye and smile. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom