Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Who owns NameBio.com?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Cruz

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have tried to contact them several times due to the fact that one of my names, which I have owned for over 4 years now, is reporting on their site to be sold earlier this year on sedo for a low price and I have yet to receive a response to any of my requests to have it removed.

The same information was being reported on DNSalesPrice.com and I contacted them to remove it and they did right away, stating that this is common issue with sedo.

If you look at domain records, you can clearly see the domain has never been sold since I originally purchased it.

Since I cannot get the owner or staff of NameBio.com to respond to my emails, I am posting here and at NP in hopes of someone to finally get this situation rectified.

This false information being posted on their site has killed two transactions for me in the past month and I have just about had it.

If you are going to run a site offering information on domain name sales, at least implement a system to verify the accuracy of your results and/or at least respond to emails when your users try to contact you.

Thank you,
-Mike C.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I had similar issues back when they first started.

The owner does not respond to email, and he does not care that he's posting false information.

Mike Cruz

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Send a nice worded PM to member strongvis and I think he can help you on this.

Is he the new owner?

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 PM ----------

I had similar issues back when they first started.

The owner does not respond to email, and he does not care that he's posting false information.

I guess we will have to wait and see how much he cares. Only FOX News can get away with publishing false information.

Mike Cruz

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, pm'd him a link to this thread. It seems that on both here and NP people are having the same problems with this guy / NameBio. I don't think he realizes the damage he is causing by publishing false information on his website and if he does, then it is obvious he does not care.

hawkeye

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, pm'd him a link to this thread. It seems that on both here and NP people are having the same problems with this guy / NameBio. I don't think he realizes the damage he is causing by publishing false information on his website and if he does, then it is obvious he does not care.
I wouldn't say 'he' is causing any damage, and I'd go with the 'not realizing' of wrong info, as I'm pretty sure he knows what he's doing. But he did only recently become the owner of it, and I've seen it noted that he has not had the time to attend to it or update it. I'm sure if you contact him, he'll work to get it fixed.

Mike Cruz

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
His Company, His Website. He was contacted. Still waiting.

strongvis

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
HI. I'll take a look at your PM.
Sedo has been reporting many oddities and we've brought this to their attention. If someone reports information that is false or wrong, please bring it to my attention. I bought the site and have been working with a new coder just recently to fix some issues we were having. Hopefully will get those done soon. Contrary to what juniperpark reports I do respond to emails when I get them and I do appreciate any input and do care.

Also, I have not received any emails from you. My email address is on the whois record and feel free to contact me via PM.

Mike Cruz

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
HI. I'll take a look at your PM.
Sedo has been reporting many oddities and we've brought this to their attention. If someone reports information that is false or wrong, please bring it to my attention. I bought the site and have been working with a new coder just recently to fix some issues we were having. Hopefully will get those done soon. Contrary to what juniperpark reports I do respond to emails when I get them and I do appreciate any input and do care.

Also, I have not received any emails from you. My email address is on the whois record and feel free to contact me via PM.

Please do not claim you have not received emails. I have emailed you three times from namebio.com contact form and once to the email in the whois. If you looked over it and/or deleted it without looking into the situation, that is one thing, but to claim they were never sent is pretty immature.

I am PM'ing you with the specific domain I have been reporting with no avail.

strongvis

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Please do not claim you have not received emails. I have emailed you three times from namebio.com contact form and once to the email in the whois. If you looked over it and/or deleted it without looking into the situation, that is one thing, but to claim they were never sent is pretty immature.

I am PM'ing you with the specific domain I have been reporting with no avail.

Hi Zurc,

Sorry for any misunderstandings, I did not mean to infer that you didn't send the emails. I just checked the NameBio contact form and it's not coming to me, there appears to be something is wrong on the backend, so I apologize for that. I can assure you that I'm working to have that fixed ASAP. I've also emailed Sedo to figure out why this sale was being reported.

In the meantime, what was the subject line of the email you sent to my whois address? That way I can locate it and address your issue with priority.

Hopefully we can have your issue resolved ASAP. Sorry for any inconveniences caused.

Mike Cruz

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In the meantime, what was the subject line of the email you sent to my whois address? That way I can locate it and address your issue with priority.

The name of the domain I was reporting (you received in PM).

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Zurc, the person that you are arguing with is a respected member of the domain community. He and I have done several deals together he's always been professional, just as you have I have done a few deals together and we both remained professional. I'm confident that once Adam receives the domain name in question he will take the steps needed to remedy the situation.

mvl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
-- edit -- sent PM instead

Mike Cruz

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Zurc, the person that you are arguing with is a respected member of the domain community. He and I have done several deals together he's always been professional, just as you have I have done a few deals together and we both remained professional. I'm confident that once Adam receives the domain name in question he will take the steps needed to remedy the situation.

I have PM'd him the domain yesterday. I believe he just took care of the situation. I just didn't like the fact that he was claiming I never sent the emails.

dmyre

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Zurc, the person that you are arguing with is a respected member of the domain community. He and I have done several deals together he's always been professional... I'm confident that once Adam receives the domain name in question he will take the steps needed to remedy the situation.

+1

strongvis

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have PM'd him the domain yesterday. I believe he just took care of the situation. I just didn't like the fact that he was claiming I never sent the emails.

Hi Mike, We have fixed the issue you brought up immediately and still waiting to hear back from Sedo why their data is reporting inaccurate sales. I appreciate you bringing this to my attention. I understand how a person claiming you didn't send the emails might frustrate you but please be aware that what I said was "I have not received any emails from you".

I think you can clearly see now that when I am in receipt of a message that I respond promptly and professionally.

I would appreciate anyone else who finds any oddity or problems with the site to bring it to my attention. I don't hang out here much but I am happy to help now that the form on Namebio is coming directly to me it's best to reach me there . Thanks

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score

+2

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

This statement is just false from my experience.

I was contacted by a rep from NameBio (without any initial message from me) regarding a domain name that I own which sedo reported as sold...the sedo reported sale price was low...namebio must have noticed this, looked me up and then contacted me to verify that the sale was correct. This level of awareness does not indicate to me that NameBio is a company that "does not care if he is posting false information". I would say that it can be a daunting task to correct falsely reported sales from a "trusted" source such as sedo...but the effort and care is there with NameBio.

As a business owner & developer myself, I know that glitches with code and forms happen quite a bit. I really appreciate it when someone lets me know there is a problem respectfully and professionally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom