Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Who should NOT insult you - but seems go out of their way to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Roy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have a particular domain hack of a certain US State, brilliant, love it, and especially brilliant from my point of view is that the .com is so badly developed it has an Alexa rank of over 1.9 million.

Well I am getting out of domaining as such, just selling the last few of the domains I am not in the process of developing. Well it struck me today that with this particular domain it could be a great asset for either of the two major political parties in the US, so I emailed both of them and let them know that the domain was for sale, making sure that I was therefore unbiased because as a non-US citizen it would be wrong of me to try and influence commercially the politics of the US.

Anyway, within minutes of emailing the Democratic party I was asked basically to give them the domain because of their 'obvious limited resources'. I replied questioning 'their limited resources' and pointing out how much they spend on net, tv, and radio advertising and that it was illegal for them to ask a foreign national for a 'gift' and it would be illegal for me to make a 'gift'.

The next email from the individual then ends up by referring to me as " you retromingent wackadoo". Now those that know me may or may not agree with the description, but I find it strange that an official of one of the two major US parties would refer to someone like this.

So the upshot of it is simple, if you ever think about doing business with the Democrats from Wisconsin get ready to be insulted by Mr. Graeme Zielinski, their Communications Director, to become hostile and insult you if you are not willing to participate with him and/or the Democratic Party of Wisconsin in breaking the law, US law that is.

And just to think I was actually rooting for the Democrats.

The reason I have posted this under humour is simple, the reaction of Mr. Zielinski is so ridiculously stupid it has to be seen as funny!

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Assuming you're referring to Wiscons.in the issue is that India can turn it into a no man's land (or, lund) on whim. So I would not go as far as blame the Democrats for being street smart.

Bill Roy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
'Street smart'? Insulting someone you know nothing about is 'street smart'?

I am known by old hands on here as being very pro-Dem (I am sure several would confirm that), but for an official of a State political party to go jump off his rock because you point out a certain inconsistency in his email reply and point out it is against the law what he suggests, hell no, that's not street smart that is political lunacy.

Just done a Google on Mr. Graeme Zielinski, what a (oh now what's the word, must be polite though), um, I think I had better leave it up to the reader to insert a word or phrase of description here.

Seriously though, it is just stupendously funny that such a character is allowed anywhere near a position to give comments on behalf of a State political organization. Hell we are going to have some fun in the future should he try to climb onto the elected political ranks.

Last edited:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Since you posted this under Humor, I assume that you possess some of it. Getting all worked up because a Democrat denied your solicitation of a dubiously effective domain 'hack' is counter-productive. Even Republicans would know that.

Bill Roy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I posted under 'humour' because, as the facts testify, this is the last person I would have thought ANY political party would want as their Communications Director, hell, one might almost suspect he was a plant by the opposition. The response to my email was:

1) To mislead (I at first typed 'lie' but thought better of it) about the finances
2) To solicit me to join in a criminal act with him/them
3) To go full blown into insulting me without even knowing me

This is not just humour it is slapstick - it would be written into a comedy soap show and be thought over the top even then.

Oh, by the way, do Google this bloke, he is beyond belief.

Bill F.

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Now, now... Graeme Zielinski just gave you a near perfect introduction to the Democratic party.
"
retromingent wackadoo"... you gotta hand it to him in the insult department as well. They must have an insult thesaurus laying around the office there.
(Retromingent describes an animal, such as a camel, that urinates backwards.)

Bill Roy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Now, now... Graeme Zielinski just gave you a near perfect introduction to the Democratic party.
"
retromingent wackadoo"... you gotta hand it to him in the insult department as well. They must have an insult thesaurus laying around the office there.
(Retromingent describes an animal, such as a camel, that urinates backwards.)

:rofl:

I have to admit I actually had to look it up, is that something to be ashamed or proud of? Actually I am glad I did not know what it meant, proves what a sad a**e the bloke must be to have either memorized that or looked it up. ;)

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I find it sad that you put such a valuable domain on eBay, among miniature goblin figurines. You should be contacting the Wisconsin Cheese Bureau for a handsome ransom.

Bill Roy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Acro, why?

I am getting out of domaining, just developing now, and long listing eBay was the easiest way to post it and leave it to sort itself out to find a buyer.

Ah, the goblins, now your talking, wargaming, historic or fantasy, I love painting them both, good relaxing hobby, you should try it sometime. Just in the process of starting up a new venture in wargaming by the way, so all new stock in (and the best figures from a new(ish) company) - but somehow I do not think with your wit that was what you were trying to get at! ;)

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yup, I had to Goog it too!

For someone representing a political party to respond in such a way (though we don't actually know the whole email trade) is lunacy....completely pisses in the face of 'political correctness' and leaves themself and the party they represent in a vulnerable position. I doubt they really know who Bill is - for all they know he could be a PR rep for the Republicans. Ultimately, would the leader this guy is allowed to represent in this situation be happy with his response? And given that he probably wouldn't...how is the guy given the opportunity to say what he's said? Only one answer...bad management! Sorry to say it, but that's how it iis.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm still cracking up at the Wackadoo thingy. I have never heard of that word and I was laughing MAO!

View attachment KOShow20111215-Zielinski-300x168.jpg

Here's a pic of the "gasbag" (something he called another opponent).

I have never heard of this wackadoo. But, take to heart he is not very highly thought of in the inner circles. A piece I found on google Graeme Zielinski, misunderstood performance artist.

Go back to him and call him a wackadoodle.

As for rooting for someone...I see no point in rooting for a party based purely on the principle of the rooting for the party. I am one of those people who has never voted a straight line part ticket. Vote the person, not the party.

Wackadoo. That is funny.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
(Retromingent describes an animal, such as a camel, that urinates backwards.):pound:
I was laughing too hard to even look that one up. That wackadoo thing...this guy probably plays a xylophone or an accordion in an all Lutheran Polka band wearing lederhosen.

Okay, I have to shut up now. I may be flying in to Madison WI in the near future. They might put me on their local "DO NOT FLY" list.

Wackadoo, wackadoo, wackadoo.

Bill Roy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Right folks, as I said I am giving up domaining so no more 3 or 4 am's for me, I am calling it a night (midnight here). I will catch up with you all tomorrow sometime hopefully.

Until then how about finding some really odd ball insults, surely between us we can do better than a political wannabe? And it could give us some more laughs. Night All.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
wackadoo 12 up, 50 down

From Urban Dictionary:

An Italian American word that doesn't really have any meaning.
Can also be combined with insults to make all new insults.
Can only be said with an Italian American accent.

"Hey, Joey, what in the wackadoo is goin' on?"

"That wacka-doodly-dickhead, Angelo stole my money!"

"Well, wacka****in'doo, what a wacka-doodly-dip shit!"

grcorp

Enthusiast
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just love when people say "we have no money" - but evidently have a great excess of it for very select things. Such as ad campaigns. And office space. And telephones. And payroll.

What it really means is, "we're not willing to pay for it".

The reason behind that, is because the expenditure has to get the green light from a bearded old man in a CFO-type of position.

When he asks "what's it for?", and the answer is "a domain name", his response will be "but you can just go on godaddy and get one for $8!"

And that, folks, is why we can't sell our domains.

Bill Roy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Right, I have taken the domain name down from eBay, it would be wrong for a potential buyer to purchase it without knowing the potentially toxic baggage that could come with the domain. This was not Mr. Zielinski's fault, it was I who decided to post my disgust at HIS behaviour, therefore the fault is mine and mine alone. I now have a £3,500 (circa. $5,500) loss, but that is life and that certainly is the domaining game where a domain can go from a value of $0 to $xxx,xxx overnight and vice versa just because of an event beyond our control.

Now I wonder if I should develop the site as possibly a satirical site focusing on Mr. Zielinski and the State party? Could be fun and make up for my loss if not financially then at least emotionally. I will consider that seriously.

Maxwell is right above, rarely do the real decision makers understand the value of domains and why there is a difference in those values commercially. This is one of the major factors upon which I have decided it is much better, from my personal point of view, to switch from domaining to developing.

Last edited:

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Didn't some of you advocate the closing of the Political section?.

And here you discussing politics in the Humor section of all places.... That's almost a joke in itself.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
The reason I have posted this under humour is simple, the reaction of Mr. Zielinski is so ridiculously stupid it has to be seen as funny!

As much as I dislike Democrats I don't see the humor in it.. Perhaps because I strongly believe that Democrats in general are ridiculously stupid people politically.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For someone representing a political party to respond in such a way (though we don't actually know the whole email trade) is lunacy....completely pisses in the face of 'political correctness' and leaves themself and the party they represent in a vulnerable position.
Perhaps the OP is not telling the whole story but I think the most logical explanation why a public figure would lease his temper like that, simply is a result of having to deal with tens of solicitations from spammers/domainers on a daily basis, pimping crap names along borderline extortionist practices ("you must own my wipissingdemocrats.com domain !", "I'm giving you first dibs before offering the domain to the other party" etc).
I'm not saying the OP should be tarnished with the same brush, just that the 'target' most likely has had to deal with hundreds of similar mails in recent months and can't stand domainers/squatters (no difference to them).
Political domains are sensitive and more frequently subject to squatting, ransom and adverse publicity.

I now have a £3,500 (circa. $5,500) loss, but that is life and that certainly is the domaining game where a domain can go from a value of $0 to $xxx,xxx overnight and vice versa just because of an event beyond our control.
Are you kidding ?
There never was prospect of a sale in the first place, only in your dreams. It's just a domain hack, without luck it's worth little.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom