Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Who should NOT insult you - but seems go out of their way to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Didn't some of you advocate the closing of the Political section?.

And here you discussing politics in the Humor section of all places.... That's almost a joke in itself.

But you made two posts in the Humor section that were 100% political. So maybe you need not complain.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
But you made two posts in the Humor section that were 100% political. So maybe you need not complain.
Seriously, this is outright raw humor. Wackadoo wackadoo wackadoo.

I am convinced that I heard that in a song somewhere. Just have never heard it applied to a person.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
So is the political section back up? :cheesy:

I sure hope not. But political jokes attempt to break that embargo. As far as I am concerned, this thread isn't even humorous, it's just a rant.

Mark Talbot

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The next email from the individual then ends up by referring to me as " you retromingent wackadoo". Now those that know me may or may not agree with the description, but I find it strange that an official of one of the two major US parties would refer to someone like this.

This isnt the position of pundits or politicians,.... but a remenicent of how corporate america looked at domains.

And that is what they want you to believe.

Either give it to them for use in their platform?...

Or you are the part of the problem they are fighting.

They dont own it, they want to own it, but they dont want to pay for it.

Think about it for a second before you vote either party.

(edit,...ANY PARTY !!) Revolucion!

Bill Roy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This isnt the position of pundits or politicians,.... but a remenicent of how corporate america looked at domains.

And that is what they want you to believe.

Either give it to them for use in their platform?...

Or you are the part of the problem they are fighting.

They dont own it, they want to own it, but they dont want to pay for it.

Think about it for a second before you vote either party.

(edit,...ANY PARTY !!) Revolucion!

Point/s well taken.

Acro this isn't a 'rant' as you describe it, and Raider it is not discussing politics. My post was and is trying to express my utter incredulity of the behaviour of Zielinsky. Now the other party has not emailed a response, most probably just deleted my email, might have called me a few names to co-workers, whatever, but that was done privately. Unfortunately the Communications Director of the other party, Mr. Zielinski, handled this entirely wrongly from the outset. But to insult someone in writing when you are a representative and spokesman for a political party is just absurd in the extreme. Surely someone in the State hierarchy knows what a liability this person is by behaving in such a manner? If not they should, and if they do why haven't they done anything about it?

But hey, it takes all sorts of people to make a world, and I guess some people are just not suited to their job. But I can well see a comedy soap based around a political election campaign whereby the Communications Director rants and raves over the phone because someone asks him a question about what he says or will not make a donation when he cold calls them to try and get their vote. Something like:

CD: "Hi there, is that Mr. Smith?"
Mr. Smith: "Yes, I am Mr. Smith, who are you?"
CD: " My name is Dave, I am calling on behalf of the Let's Pretend Party, we are looking forward to counting on your support in November."
Mr. Smith: "Well I voted for you last time but hell, I am not so sure this time."
CD: "Well even if you don't vote for us would you make a donation anyway, you know we cannot run successfully against the oodles of money the other party has!"
Mr. Smith: "Well I don't think I feel like making a donation."
CD: Face turning red, clenching the phone in right fist shouts down the phone "What, you put us here, you have to give us money, you've got it and we want it, right , you got that you retromingent wackadoo!"

CD turns to a co-worker and says: "I told that idiot what I thought of him."
CD looks at phone still in hand and realises Mr. Smith heard his comment to the co-worker. CD hangs up the phone.

OK forgive the extremely poor script writing, but it just wouldn't be taken as real. Oh, hang on, I seem to remember some American comedy soaps where people actually did treat the public like that, including politicians and politicos doing so.

Hell, is this what life is actually like in America? And just to think some say this is not humourous, perhaps this explains why to them this isn't!

Last edited:

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
So is the political section back up? :cheesy:

It sure does appear that way.. All we have to do is what Bill Roy did, start a political thread and suggest it's humorous and it will pass under the radar.. Always leave it to a Lib to find a loophole in anything.

Example;

Did you hear Joe Biden last week at a campaign rally that the GOP would “put y’all back in chains”?

In Bill Roy's words; It's beyond real that somebody would say this, it's so ridiculously stupid and so outrageously racist, that it would have to be considered humorous, unfortunately for Joe, it wasn't.

Not political? Who are they kidding?

And just to think some say this is not humourous, perhaps this explains why to them this isn't!

After reading this from a English man, I'm starting to doubt that research study that suggested Germans are the least funniest people.

Last edited:

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score

Your 100% correct.. What's so wrong with making 2 political posts in a political thread? Are you feeling alright?

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just love when people say "we have no money"
Yup. Happened to me on Thursday.

Someone inquired about one of my pet rescue domains.

I emailed back with my price.

He emailed me and said, "We can't afford that. We're a start up."

I replied, "I am too."

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hmm...so, is a political joke a political thread? or humor thread?

Like these:

The Boston Globe reported today that Monica Lewinsky, depressed after the media comments about her figure, and wanting a new image, reported to a plastic surgeon for removal of her love handles. She emerged two days later with no ears.
-----
Monica walks into her dry cleaning store and tells the guy, "I've got another dress for you to clean."

Slightly hard of hearing, the clerk replies, "Come again?"

"No," says Monica. "Mustard."
-----
What's the difference between Al Gore and a slab of formica?
Absolutely nothing.
-----
"I saw an article last week that said, 'Is Obama's Presidency already a failure?' ... I think everybody should just calm down. Give Obama four years. See what he can do. Then if he's a miserable failure, we'll do what we did with George W. Bush and elect him to a second term."

Badda-bing, badda-boom

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Your 100% correct.. What's so wrong with making 2 political posts in a political thread? Are you feeling alright?

Don't play dumb. I am referring to the jokes you posted in the Humor section, that were 100% political. Nice trolling.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Don't play dumb. I am referring to the jokes you posted in the Humor section, that were 100% political. Nice trolling.
Plus, why the hell is she making an issue of this? Quite frequently always throws a political dig or slant on nearly every thread.

She's useless and homeless since the closing of the political section.

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Raider said:
Didn't some of you advocate the closing of the Political section?.

And here you discussing politics in the Humor section of all places.... That's almost a joke in itself.

Raider said:
It sure does appear that way.. All we have to do is what Bill Roy did, start a political thread and suggest it's humorous and it will pass under the radar.. Always leave it to a Lib to find a loophole in anything.

Sure means a lot coming from the same troll that just minutes after making these posts makes a political comment in the Domain Name Appraisal section. Not to metion all the threads she has attempted to sidetrack in the past with her own agenda.

Beginning to think she's the only one here that doesn't even sense her hypocrisy let alone see it.

grcorp

Enthusiast
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yup. Happened to me on Thursday.

Someone inquired about one of my pet rescue domains.

I emailed back with my price.

He emailed me and said, "We can't afford that. We're a start up."

I replied, "I am too."

I'd like to see if they tell that to the guy at Best Buy, when they need $5,000 worth of equipment.

Most sane people wouldn't. So why are domains any different?

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'd like to see if they tell that to the guy at Best Buy, when they need $5,000 worth of equipment.

I guess domains are the flea market of the internet...you can always haggle.

I have sold a few dot org to legitimate non-profits. I understand about start up costs.

But I also understand about advertising expenses being tax deductible.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Beginning to think she's the only one here that doesn't even sense her hypocrisy let alone see it.
She is looking for an exemption from the rules. Or perhaps all that wind in her hair tooling down the road in her new Boxster she purchased from a sale she made while she was on temp ban has made her a little lite headed.

mjnels

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

i know this post was likely meant to cheer for domains and everything - but most sane people would be correct to question shopping at best buy in the year 2012 for $5,000 worth of anything..

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom