Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Whoah! Super DUPER domain with Overture! BUY NOW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
The title of this post is a tongue-in-cheek example of the misleading titles seen around the Sales forums.

Wouldn't it be better to set as a rule that at least one of the domains for sale is listed in the title? Instead of "whoah! free PREMIUM overture domain" and it's myDomainBlowz.ws :-D

Upvote 0

AHDOnline

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think that is a great suggestion. That way you can just scan down the list and easily know what is inside without having to actually go in to find out you are disappointed by the over zealous title

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
with VB3, you just have to hover your mouse over the thread title in the forum view and it shows the first few lines of the post...

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
True, however there is no substitute for visual scanning. I believe that recently the situation has deteriorated & not too far from the example above.

On the other hand, one of the most professional posters is Duke; his posts consistently describe what's for sale - including TLD's - and if it's part of a multi-post offer. I always check out his posts for bargains :-D

ShaunP

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's actually getting better. Through repeated abuse by many members with misleading titles, I've just learned to ignore any of their for sale posts. This saves a lot of time and eliminates 80% of the for sale ads.

Shaun

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
aactive said:
It's actually getting better. Through repeated abuse by many members with misleading titles, I've just learned to ignore any of their for sale posts. This saves a lot of time and eliminates 80% of the for sale ads.

Shaun

Funny, I tend to do the same.

-=DCG=-

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GT Web said:
with VB3, you just have to hover your mouse over the thread title in the forum view and it shows the first few lines of the post...

But some sellers here know about that so they try to trick you to click on it by putting a bunch of white space near the top of the post so you only see the post top area and the names are not visible when the mouse hovers but there once you go to the post.

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
RADiSTAR said:
TInstead of "whoah! free PREMIUM overture domain" and it's myDomainBlowz.ws :-D

Umm ..You had a type RadiStar ..let me fix that for you..

"it's myDomainBlwz.COM :cheeky:

Yes, I find it irritating myself but find I also simply ignore those peoples sales threads...you know it's going to be garbage ..no need to open it.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
aactive said:

Shaun

You must be Robocop :-D

Cash Is King

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
RealNames said:
But some sellers here know about that so they try to trick you to click on it by putting a bunch of white space near the top of the post so you only see the post top area and the names are not visible when the mouse hovers but there once you go to the post.

This is so true and it drives me nuts. Great point!

unclewilco

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i must be the only one who looks at the "super duper" threads becasue of the title, but iam taken in my eevrything.. the shouty the better.. :-(

the only problem with putting name/names in the title, is deciding which one is good enough ;-) and with my names thats impossbile as i have so many bad ones and so little good ones.

also i put a space at the top, as i think it looks untidy, when the mouse overs show only a few of your names...

wilco

maybe we should have a vote?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Actually the measure has been going on for a while now on [email protected] - one of the few things they did right - and it's simple to follow: post the domain in the title, TLD included. What's so hard to follow? If you must be creative about a title, so be it, just add the dang domain :-D

unclewilco

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
RADiSTAR said:
Actually the measure has been going on for a while now on [email protected] - one of the few things they did right - and it's simple to follow: post the domain in the title, TLD included. What's so hard to follow? If you must be creative about a title, so be it, just add the dang domain :-D

i agree in principal and have done so at domainst ate

but i tend to put a lot of names in my sales threads as i want as much coverage as possible, maybe a new section for selling single names? and another one for bulk names? or maybe not..
:charming:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
A solution is to list several names in the title and add something along the lines of "...and another 25 names".

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
RADiSTAR said:
Actually the measure has been going on for a while now on [email protected] - one of the few things they did right ...
Actually you don't need to use an "alias" for DomainState. Contrary to some popular myth, DNForum does NOT censor other forum names or URLs just because they are competitions. Of course, it would be nice and actually a common forum etiquette (just like you have done it right, Theo) not to directly link to another domain-related forum. ;)

As for including at least 1 domain name in the thread title, I don't really have any personal stand on this one. Yes, to some extent, it seems to be more informative to buyers; but then, this also take away the fun of guessing what kind of crappy name(s) are actually listed inside. And I guess most members have gradually learned to differentiate between useful and lousy thread titles. Let's hear more from other members.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just read threads that have 3 or more replies already :-D

internext

Got Internet?
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think the original sugestion is a very good idea

OzTheory

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yeah, or even 5 .com, 20 .us domains including blahblah.com would make a good title.

Sharpy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
nameslave said:
Actually you don't need to use an "alias" for DomainState. Contrary to some popular myth, DNForum does NOT censor other forum names or URLs just because they are competitions. Of course, it would be nice and actually a common forum etiquette

Hmmm.. you better check your moderator handbook :party: :)

The above is the result when typing in n a m e p r o s

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom