Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Why are some threads closed early and why must members being id'd online be mandated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi--my name is NamePopper and I love green peas. :D

Zoobar

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I see his name and don't even bother reading his posts anymore. Gregr should politely show him the door.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've been involved in more drama in the last 2 weeks than in the last 20 years. A lot of members consider DNForum.com to be a home away from home. This puts a huge burden on the moderators and I to keep this home comfortable. Just as you wouldn't want someone to come in your home and piss and shit all over it, we feel the same about this home. We will try to be as fair as possible, but sometimes you just don't want to wait until someone finishes pissing and shitting all over your home.

Greg

Gregr ... great post! It sounded like something that DK would write. You have to protect yourself from the pigeons... it's just the way it is when you run a popular forum.

Anyway ... keep up the good work!

Shaun

buddy

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've been involved in more drama in the last 2 weeks than in the last 20 years.

Greg, you are only 20!!?? :)

buddy

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm glad you made it in one piece :) Nevertheless, if you are only 20, you have a great future ahead of you!

BTW, congrats on the fine work you have done here since you took over the forum.

You are doing a great job Greg!! Keep it up!

Thanks,

Kim

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Important--Hey everybody. I have been corresponding privately with RealNames this evening--and things are going to be ok. He came to me like a gentleman--explained his positions--and has made a sincere effort to show that his intentions are not to harm the forum. He may disagree with some of the new policies--and we may disagree with the way he expressed himself--but I am convinced that things are heading in the right direction on both sides now.

Lets face it--everybody has been on edge since the sale because of the way things went down. Emotions have been running high for members & mods alike. It was our ever lovable DomeBase who said the forum split was like a family divorce--and I can't think of a better analogy.

The bottom line is this: RealNames has made a sincere effort by contacting me tonight--and he has been a member here for quite a while. We are going to put this all behind us--and move on to better things. As soon as Greg gets back tomorrow--I will update him on the conversations between Real & myself. In the meantime--I am going to edit out both of our comments at the top of this thread. At this point--it's not doing anybody any good--and I believe the situation is resolved.

I myself--am not without fault here either. I take this opportunity to apologize to RealNames for anything I said or did that may have contributed to the situation.

Please--no more shots at RealNames. If you want to post in the thread--go ahead--just make it of a friendly and positive nature. I am asking everyone to welcome RealNames back into the community with open arms--and open minds.

This is a great place full of great people. Let's prove it. :)

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by kvinsencius
I'm glad you made it in one piece :) Nevertheless, if you are only 20, you have a great future ahead of you!

BTW, congrats on the fine work you have done here since you took over the forum.

You are doing a great job Greg!! Keep it up!

Thanks,

Kim

I'm not 20 but I still hope I have a great future ahead of me. :D

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Typeins
Gregr ... great post! It sounded like something that DK would write. You have to protect yourself from the pigeons... it's just the way it is when you run a popular forum.

Anyway ... keep up the good work!

Shaun

I am the Domain King. :D

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DNForum Membership,

Let's hear it for NamePopper, the greatest moderator ever created. :)

MBZ

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by gregr
DNForum Membership,

Yes! Bob too! You guys have bent over backwards (forwards?)
and taken the heat for trying to give everybody a chance. Your
efforts are appreciated - I really enjoy the forum!

Kudos & Godspeed fellow travelers.......

P.S. God Bless Texas!

Donna Mahony

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by gregr
DNForum Membership,

I would stick Bob at the top too!

O.C.

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by NamePopper
It was our ever lovable DomeBase who said the forum split was like a family divorce--and I can't think of a better analogy.

I'm going to start referring to DomeBase as "our beloved DomeBase." Just for kicks. :D

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by NamePopper Important--Hey everybody. I have been corresponding privately with RealNames this evening--and things are going to be ok. He came to me like a gentleman--explained his positions--and has made a sincere effort to show that his intentions are not to harm the forum. He may disagree with some of the new policies--and we may disagree with the way he expressed himself--but I am convinced that things are heading in the right direction on both sides now.

Lets face it--everybody has been on edge since the sale because of the way things went down. Emotions have been running high for members & mods alike. It was our ever lovable DomeBase who said the forum split was like a family divorce--and I can't think of a better analogy.

The bottom line is this: RealNames has made a sincere effort by contacting me tonight--and he has been a member here for quite a while. We are going to put this all behind us--and move on to better things. As soon as Greg gets back tomorrow--I will update him on the conversations between Real & myself. In the meantime--I am going to edit out both of our comments at the top of this thread. At this point--it's not doing anybody any good--and I believe the situation is resolved.

I myself--am not without fault here either. I take this opportunity to apologize to RealNames for anything I said or did that may have contributed to the situation.

Please--no more shots at RealNames. If you want to post in the thread--go ahead--just make it of a friendly and positive nature. I am asking everyone to welcome RealNames back into the community with open arms--and open minds. This is a great place full of great people. Let's prove it. :)

Yes, there has been lots of stress here since 9-11 - isn't that date an odd coincidence.

Same here, I apologize if I said or implied some things which were construed as being negative toward this fine forum and its excellent moderators :)

DomeBase

Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by O.C.

I'm going to start referring to DomeBase as "our beloved DomeBase." Just for kicks. :D

This is a bit "over the top"... but thanks you guys. Sounds like a wedding or a funeral :) This week I have been called beloved and I have also been flamed. As with most things in life, the truth is probably somewhere inbetween... as we humans stumble along... so it's all OK. Peace. As I said on the "other side of the tracks"... GregR and the mods here are doing a good job during this sometimes difficult period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators