Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Why do my parked.com stats keep getting cleared??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew Shaw

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My Parked.com revenue stats keep getting cleared. Is there a reason for this? and is anyone else noticing the same thing? Not with the traffic, just click and revenue.

Would appreciate a reply from a parked rep as well.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
You are probably looking at the current payout period that started a couple of days ago.

Andrew Shaw

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No, I understand what you mean...

However,

Two days ago, I had clicks, and revenue... yesterday, More; except the previous days clicks were gone.
Same thing happend today with yesterdays.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Adjustments by Yahoo that didn't like the source of the clicks (no matter how legit they were).

Last night I also had a domain with 4 visits and 186 clicks. Probably a clickbot.

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
something is going on......weird....i saw that happen to me too.....

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
for 1/17/08, one domain in my account totaled $11.00 before being "finalized". now it shows $0.00

to avoid confusion, I think parked should not show stats until finalized.

Andrew Shaw

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Regardless, There were clicks. Its not so bad when revenues are finalized... The actual bid on whatever keyword was used is not something you can really question. But when there are clicks, and then the actual clicks are taken away?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Yes, they are taken away when Yahoo deems them as "non-quality". They also refund the advertisers. It's a measure that in my opinion is very discriminatory.

Andrew Shaw

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is this just with parked that you have noticed this?

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
for 1/17/08, one domain in my account totaled $11.00 before being "finalized". now it shows $0.00

Yesterday I had one domain total $118 before being finalized into single digit $...it was a name that usually only makes a few dollars a month so I think it was just yahoo doing some wierd things...

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
It's a Yahoo feed thing. Google does not do that but apparently pays less.

dvestors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

you can turn off estimates :

account information > my account > account settings > dashboard/report settings > include estimated statistics in reports: yes / no

LucidPhoenix

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

account information > my account > account settings > dashboard/report settings > include estimated statistics in reports: yes / no

Good advice.

It seems this function is the best cure for those who reload their stats every 10 minutes.

My advice is to focus on growing your portfolio, and look at monthly stats rather then focusing on hourly clicks - especially when its ESTIMATES.

My 2 cents. Good luck!

Andrew Shaw

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
From what I understand its the revenue that is an ESTIMATE, not clicks.... No one said anything about hourly clicks. If you dont have any reason to be worried about it, fine. I dont live my life month to month, I live it day by day. A click is a click, how can they say anything different?

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In the past 2-3 days we have been hit with a bot that coming through and clicking on thousands of domains hundreds of times. It's a pretty good bot. We have been using a brute force attack the past few days to stop it, unfortunately this allows to bot to click out and then sometimes we find it and remove the clicks at a later time or Yahoo will remove them the next day. We just implemented something about 20 minutes ago that hopefully will completely solve the problem.

But it will take a few days to work out all of the bugs.

Donny

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Thanks, wasn't aware of that feature.

Good advice.

It seems this function is the best cure for those who reload their stats every 10 minutes.

My advice is to focus on growing your portfolio, and look at monthly stats rather then focusing on hourly clicks - especially when its ESTIMATES.

My 2 cents. Good luck!

I only check stats once a day, in the am, and at that time my account has "*" for the current day and previous day.

when I check the next day, that previous' days income always is less.

imo, estimates shouldn't be so varied on such a consistent basis.

I'm sure that any holders of stock portfolio's check the dow, nasdaq,forex and other markets daily.

who wants to wait a whole month to see if they are making less or more money?

only an idiot would be so negligent, and I wouldn't want someone managing my money who adhered to such practices.

imo...

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It is not only Parked. It is showing up at Trafficz.

However, the estimates are more drastic at PK compared to TZ.

Also, it appears the run-away estimates have quieted down this afternoon at both locations.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score

Even after stats are finalized, they still change... Maybe they should add another description;

** "Estimate"
* "Finalized"
"Really Finalized"

INVIGOR

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was pretty sure I saw what raider just said...Finalized stats are even changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom