Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

moniker Why does moniker make you call to retrive a password?

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Moniker.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ohkus

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you think that is the biggest problem you have issues my friend...while Bari is fixing issues there is something wrong in their system and it needs to be fixed. Things keep breaking and it is hurting their reputation/business.

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you think that is the biggest problem you have issues my friend...while Bari is fixing issues there is something wrong in their system and it needs to be fixed. Things keep breaking and it is hurting their reputation/business.

Well I usually don't have to do anything with my domains at moniker besides renew them but i have a few names in an account that i got with snapnames and can't find the pass, so...

ohkus

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So depending on the telephone conversation I actually view this as great. If some hackers get a hold of my email account he can't do a forgot password on my domain account and transfer out all of my domains. I'd rather see this than the alternative.

Last edited:

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think calling is a good security measure.

Last edited:
Reaction score
MaxLock actually solves this email hacking problem. I am confused as to what the issue is here and from this thread? can you let me know by email please?

thank you.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
MaxLock actually solves this email hacking problem. I am confused as to what the issue is here and from this thread? can you let me know by email please?

thank you.

I think the OP didn't like the fact you couldn't retrieve passwords via email and had to call in for it.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Who the hell wants to call in..thats what email is for

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's nearly impossible to actually "steal" a domain..nowhere to really hide it.

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's nearly impossible to actually "steal" a domain..nowhere to really hide it.

Haha, true. :) But still, if someone successfully manages to "steal" one of your domains, you're into a hell of a lot of trouble getting it back.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Say someone gets a hold of your email address and knows where your domains are housed. They could just retrieve lost password and get access to your domains.

I guess do not lose your password :)

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think the OP didn't like the fact you couldn't retrieve passwords via email and had to call in for it.

The only problem I had was that I wanted to take care of something and it was after hours and had to wait till the next day to do it. Not a big deal, I just had never come across it before.

imlek

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Got the same issue here.
Moniker ask me to call to get my password.

And it is not possible, since it is international call from my place (very expensive) and I do not fluent in English conversation. :(

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Have same problem too, screw them, already transfered most of my domains from there away anyway. Have one account where password suddenly stopped working, no important domains in that account, so they can stuff it into their greedy arses and sell on Snapnames if someone will actually buy it. I am out and happy.

Last edited:

jrzeygirl

Best Customer Support
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The reason for the call is to verify ownership. Moniker is the safest, most secure registrar for a reason.

If you need assistance feel free to contact me directly via email or PM

Happy Holidays!

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The reason for the call is to verify ownership.
Yeah well how do you exactly VERIFY ownership via frickin' fone ? I just remember account# (well I do not, Firefox does) and that's all. I do not rememebr under which name I opened that account 'cause NORMAL registrars have simple "recover password" function so I do not need to remember a thing. Actually when my password one my of my unimportant accounts stopped working and I saw "You have to call us" I realized one day passwords might stop working on my other accounts as well and I am screwed, that's when I sped up my transfering away.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
what do you have to speak in phone? what they ask? I don´t get it how it would be safe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

No members online now.

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom