Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Why is godaddy emailing me about this transfer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pooh

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ok so I have a domain i sold along with my website. I want to transfer this it to this guy. The domain is registered with NameCheap.com. I successfully unlocked the domain and told him to request the transfer via godaddy.

Why is Godaddy emailing me then?

Re: Transfer of *********

Dear GoDaddy.com Customer,

GoDaddy.com received a request on 9/5/2006 for us to become the new registrar of record.

You have received this message because you are listed as the Registered Name Holder or Administrative contact for this domain name in the WHOIS database. If you are not the Account Holder, or you are transferring the domain to a new owner, please forward this email to the appropriate Account Holder so that they may complete the transfer process.

IMPORTANT: If a response is not received, the domain names listed above will not be transferred to us.

Why would i need to login to my godaddy account to transfer a domain registered with namecheap? He's the one that wants it with godaddy.

Anyone? need help fast :)

Thanks

Domain Days 2024
T

tekz999

"IMPORTANT: If a response is not received, the domain names listed above will not be transferred to us."

You need to give godaddy a response. Because you are listed as the registrant in the whois, so obviously you will receive the transfer request. Just forward it to your buyer and help your buyer out ;)

nafti

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Underneath from the same Godaddy email, you should have gotten this as well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1. Go to GoDaddy.com and enter your log in name (or customer number) and
password. Then click "Secure Login."

2. Click "My Account."

3. In your account management area, select "Pending Domain Transfers" from
the list, or the "Domain Names" drop-down.

4. Select the domain and click on "Transaction ID and Security Code
Required" in the Status column. Then, enter the Transaction ID, XXXXXXX, and
Security Code, XXXXXXXX, and proceed.

---------------------------------------------------------------

I believe you have to give him the transaction ID and Security Code if I am not mistaken so the transfer can take place.

Hope this helps.

Pooh

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes but you see, the domain isn't with Godaddy. The domain is with Namecheap.com.

They're asking me to
1. Go to GoDaddy.com and enter your log in name (or customer number) and password. Then click "Secure Login."

2. Click "My Account."

3. In your account management area, select "Pending Domain Transfers" from the list, or the "Domain Names" drop-down.

4. Select the domain and click on "Transaction ID and Security Code Required" in the Status column. Then, enter the Transaction ID, *****, and Security Code, ******, and proceed.

I don't even know what my godaddy login information is... The domain isn't with godaddy, so how and why would i have to approve of the transfer in my godaddy account? Something isn't right here.

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
if the buyer has paid you and the deal is done then you need to forward that email to the buyer ,and then the buyer can use those code numbers to transfer into his/her account.

somewhere in that email you will see "if you are not going to be the registrant please forward to the registrant"

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
if the buyer has paid you and the deal is done then you need to forward that email to the buyer ,and then the buyer can use those code numbers to transfer into his/her account.

somewhere in that email you will see "if you are not going to be the registrant please forward to the registrant"

Spot on !

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom