Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

info Why Numeric Domains are Valuable?

An informative domain name related thread.

shahed_sajid

Level 4
Reaction score
Numeric domains are more valuable than can be seen in naked eyes. People outside China don't know what these numbers mean and why they are so valuable and always wonder about them. Numbers are used as a language in Chinese culture as they have numerous letters in their language. Chinese businessmen buy numeric domains at high prices. Almost 80% of buyers of numeric domains are Chinese.

Every number has different meanings in Chinese and Cantonese culture which defines the value of the Numeric Domains.

0 is a whole number. Numeric domains ending in Zero usually have a higher value. The more Zero in the end, the higher the value. And numeric domains that start with Zero usually have a lower value.

1 sounds like WANT. This is not a very good number and usually carries a lower value.

2 expresses the meaning of LOVE. Again, a Chinese saying is, "Good things come in pairs". So 2 is lucky.

3 stands for BIRTH and so is considered a lucky number. It is generally associated with good fortune.

4 stands for the meaning of DEATH. This is why the value of the numeric domain of any combination with this number is low. People skip the use of the number "4" in many cases. Even in building floor numbers! 4 is also considered bad in Japan and Korea. Even there is a disease called 'Tetraphobia'.

5 means I. It is associated with the meaning of NOT. Sometimes it expresses UNHAPPINESS. But double negative can be good, for example, 55.

6 means SMOOTH or WEALTH in Cantonese and is so considered good for business.

7 symbolizes TOGETHERNESS. It sounds like arise or life essence. It is the lucky number in the west. And also good in Chinese culture.

8 is denoted by WEALTH or PROSPERITY. 8 is the luckiest number in Chinese culture. The number which has more 8 in it is considered luckier. Chinese are obsessed with the number 8.

9 refers to LONGEVITY or HARMONY. 9 is historically associated with the Emperor of China.

Some other things to be considered are,

I. Sequential numbers, for instance, 1234 is more valuable than 2143.

ii. Pairs numbers are considered lucky and so more valuable. For example, 6677.com is more valuable than 7763.com or 8766.com.

iii. Often numeric sequences can sound like various expressions. For example, 09666 is expressed similar to the saying "You are lucky forever."

iv. 1688 is valuable because it is easy to remember due to the meaning “making a fortune all the way” in Chinese.

v. 589 has an expression of 'I’m forever rich".

vi. 7732 can be used in dating, match-making, or anything related to love.

vii. 05966 means 'you and I are forever lucky.

## There are lots of Chinese domainers in this forum, I hope they can explain these better and make us more clear.

Domain summit 2024

Neoget

Level 5
Reaction score
Great post, I think like this.
The less numbers in a domain the more unique is the domain, if there are more numbers then it's value gets lower because there are allot of combinations making it not so unique, but also harder to type or memorize.
So the shorter is better, of course the combination of numbers also matters, the better the combination the more valuable is the domain.
I personally have some with numbers and words and only some are unique.

shahed_sajid

Level 4
Reaction score
Your points are clear here. Size and meaning are two factors being considered when defining the value of a numeric domain as like letter domains.

MonetizeInfo

Monetize.Info Owner
Reaction score
Awesome post @shahed_sajid. Thank you for it. It would be awesome to share more details about the Chinese culture regarding domain names and websites.
Do the Chinese use only numeric domain names or do they register domains with the Chinese alphabet?

Neoget

Level 5
Reaction score
Awesome post @shahed_sajid. Thank you for it. It would be awesome to share more details about the Chinese culture regarding domain names and websites.
Do the Chinese use only numeric domain names or do they register domains with the Chinese alphabet?
They prefer numbers as domains because it is helpful to hide better, most of websites I have seen were in com and .cn, but also they prefer english words when they want to target users globally.
So I learned that they prefer numbers to target only their local public and hide from other nations.
I also came across many websites with numbers and letters, short acronyms + numbers.
Personally I would stay away from numbers + letters, most of times they will reg fee them.
Edit: almost forgot, they do prefer Chinese words with Latin alphabet and in .com I m sure many Chinese words are already registered by them or other nations.

shahed_sajid

Level 4
Reaction score
Hi @MonetizeInfo,
Chinese people don't use only numeric domains but also other types of domains.
They use English characters domains when their target audiences are from all over the world. As people outside China are not much familiar with numeric domains, foreign visitors-oriented Chinese websites consider the English alphabet domains as a better fit.

Yes, they have the option to register the Chinese alphabet domains. Though Chinse alphabet domain names are available for few years they are not using them. Chinese characters are numerous. So using it as easily understandable is difficult.

Many Chinese users use Pinyin (Romanization system of modern Chinese language) as their website names. Uses of Pinyin are widespread in China and most people understand this. So many websites use only the Pinyin abbreviations of a long Company name.

pizon

Level 4
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing.

Last edited by a moderator:

pizon

Level 4
Reaction score
My number NNNNNN
domain names on offer

Regards

Last edited by a moderator:

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators