Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Why pool has OFFICIALLY lost my business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am not using Pool anymore because I am tired of losing domains at their "partner" registrars and Pool does not give a crap, once you paid is your problem they tell you.
Enetica
Domainpeople
etc.
(spent there in the past total $246,000 and they still do not give a crap)
All it took was once for me. That's it.

When I called to inquire where my name went, I was told that once payment is made to Pool, it is no longer their concern.

Pool.com

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Doc Com, sorry you had a bad experience but certainly that's not how I would respond to you. We do have registrar partners that are external to our operations but I have the ability to contact and speak with each of them personally in the event a problem arises with any of our customers domains. If you have an issue that needs to be addressed and don't think you are being dealt with properly, please email me directly. [email protected]

Mike Cruz

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Doc Com, sorry you had a bad experience but certainly that's not how I would respond to you. We do have registrar partners that are external to our operations but I have the ability to contact and speak with each of them personally in the event a problem arises with any of our customers domains. If you have an issue that needs to be addressed and don't think you are being dealt with properly, please email me directly. [email protected]

I just won a domain in auction, received a email that my funds were released to the seller, but I have yet to receive any information on how to access this domain. My credit card was charged and I have nothing to show for it. I just sent a email, how long should I wait for a response? Is it going to be something like Doc Com has commented about above? I am emailing you as well...

Pool.com

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey zurc.net, I also received your personal email and responded to you. Your domain was stuffed into your Namescout account right after payemnt was confirmed. I believe the only issue was you did not receive the email notice indicating it had been placed there. If this issue is not resolved in your mind please let me know.

Mike Cruz

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey zurc.net, I also received your personal email and responded to you. Your domain was stuffed into your Namescout account right after payemnt was confirmed. I believe the only issue was you did not receive the email notice indicating it had been placed there. If this issue is not resolved in your mind please let me know.

It is resolved in "my mind" thanks. I also just sent a email back as to why I have been getting extra charges to my credit card from pool in the amounts of $3.03, $1.80, etc. without my knowledge or reasoning every time I win a backorder / auction.

Has this been happening to anyone else? I got a response back from Richard saying this shouldn't be happening and he doesn't see any reasoning for it on his end but I am baffled by this...

Pool.com

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just to clairfy Zurc, the charges you showed me on your crerdit card are not from Pool. Your issuer is asociating the charge with our transaction but it is not Pool that is placing the charge in question. That's what makes this so odd.

dn-101

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Auctions as a business were around for a long time. There are rules in place. Often the government is there with its rules and regulations.
But the auctioneer is supposed to be a neutral party. The auctioneer usually gets his/her fixed dollar amount. And that's about it.
What we see here is that every DN auction house has a vested interest in spiking the price. And that's exactly what they do. They lie, they cheat, they shill. And in the end they fvck you but good. :upset:

Pool.com

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
dn-101, I think you are unfairly making some rather "general" conclusions based on some current industry issues. I disagree totally with your broad brush accusations.

dn-101

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hey, I stopped dealing with Pool years ago when Pool took thousands of $$ out of my cc, without letting me know.

I'd rather deal with Mafia. At least they have rules and an honor code. You have neither :smilewinkgrin:

Pool.com

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
dn-101, pretty strong accusations, if you email me the specifics I'll look into what you are talking about. I'm sure there is a legitimate explanation.

dn-101

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Legitimate explanations?
This is what Osama bin Laden tells the world after he kills innocent people.

Pool.com

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
dn-101. OK, well, if you don't have anything specific you want me to look into I will consider the issue closed. I really can't provide any direct feedback to a situation I know nothing about and it would appear you have no intention of at least having a reasonable dialogue

Sorry I could not be of more help.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It is resolved in "my mind" thanks. I also just sent a email back as to why I have been getting extra charges to my credit card from pool in the amounts of $3.03, $1.80, etc. without my knowledge or reasoning every time I win a backorder / auction.

Has this been happening to anyone else? I got a response back from Richard saying this shouldn't be happening and he doesn't see any reasoning for it on his end but I am baffled by this...

Just to clairfy Zurc, the charges you showed me on your crerdit card are not from Pool. Your issuer is asociating the charge with our transaction but it is not Pool that is placing the charge in question. That's what makes this so odd.

My bank charges me for an "international money transfer" when I get domans from Pool since I'm in the USA and Pool is in Canada (or at least the money is going to Canada) - that may be why. It's about the same amount ($180 for $60 backorders), too.

Mike Cruz

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

This is correct after looking further into it. I will most likely contact my bank some time next week to figure it all out...

Thanks for the help thus far Richard.
-Mike C.

My bank charges me for an "international money transfer" when I get domans from Pool since I'm in the USA and Pool is in Canada (or at least the money is going to Canada) - that may be why. It's about the same amount ($180 for $60 backorders), too.

$1.80 for $60 backorders right?

Yeah, it seems to be about $.03 for every $1.00 paid. But why? I am paying using a CC and never had this problem buying anywhere else and I have definitely purchased a lot of products in Canada, Europe, China and various other countries.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
$1.80 for $60 backorders right?

Yeah, it seems to be about $.03 for every $1.00 paid. But why? I am paying using a CC and never had this problem buying anywhere else and I have definitely purchased a lot of products in Canada, Europe, China and various other countries.

Yep - and it only started this year. I didn't do any other international ordering / buying outside of PayPal so I wouldn't know of other charges.

Pool.com

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
All, here is some insight that I just received from the company we do our payment processing through.... in light of this we will also look into ways to ensure the fees do not get levied

In 2008, Issuer’s in the US introduced a fee for “international” or “cross border” transactions. This is a fee that the Issuer applies when their cardholder makes a purchase at a merchant based in a country other than the US. The fee is usually between 1% - 3% of the original transaction amount. Not all Issuers are actually charging this fee for international transactions but most of the larger ones are (Bank of America, Chase/Manhattan…).

This fee comes 100% from the Issuer themselves. It is not charged by you or by us. The Issuers are suppose to label the charge as “International Assessment Fee” so that when the cardholder phones their bank to inquire about the charge, it can be explained to them that this charge was charged by their own Issuer as a result of a purchase made at a merchant that is not domiciled in the US. However, I have seen cases where some Issuers actually post the fee as a separate line item but re-use the merchant’s descriptor so it appears as though the merchant is charging the fee. When we see this, we report it to Visa and MasterCard who are supposed to take action against the Issuer.

dn-101

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I bet I'm not the only one here who's money was withdrawn by Pool without any explanation and NEVER returned.
Let's put it this way: Thievery is Pool's business model :?:

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
All, here is some insight that I just received from the company we do our payment processing through.... in light of this we will also look into ways to ensure the fees do not get levied

In 2008, Issuer’s in the US introduced a fee for “international” or “cross border” transactions. This is a fee that the Issuer applies when their cardholder makes a purchase at a merchant based in a country other than the US. The fee is usually between 1% - 3% of the original transaction amount. Not all Issuers are actually charging this fee for international transactions but most of the larger ones are (Bank of America, Chase/Manhattan…).

This fee comes 100% from the Issuer themselves. It is not charged by you or by us. The Issuers are suppose to label the charge as “International Assessment Fee” so that when the cardholder phones their bank to inquire about the charge, it can be explained to them that this charge was charged by their own Issuer as a result of a purchase made at a merchant that is not domiciled in the US. However, I have seen cases where some Issuers actually post the fee as a separate line item but re-use the merchant’s descriptor so it appears as though the merchant is charging the fee. When we see this, we report it to Visa and MasterCard who are supposed to take action against the Issuer.

When I called my bank for that I think the rep told me that almost word for word, I guess they have it on paper. :lol:

And yes, my bank is BoA - I also love it how it's "between 1% and 3% yet those of us who have seen it are getting hit with the 3% - I guess the banks charge as much as they can and pocket any extra.

Sounds like my old bank where they started to charge us for EVERY transaction w/ the ATM / Debt card (at stores, etc..). The only time I didn't get charged was if I withdrew cash from an ATM at the bank (Yes, I even got charged for their ATMs not at the bank).

I bet I'm not the only one here who's money was withdrawn by Pool without any explanation and NEVER returned.
Let's put it this way: Thievery is Pool's business model :?:

You make a lot of accusations yet decline to furnish any evidence. I don't know about the UK laws (yet your location is CA (California?) or the Canadian laws but in the USA this is illegal (making false accusations) and is considered libel (since it's written and not slander - which is spoken). If you keep it up, you might have Pool pressing charges against you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom