Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Why should I upgrade my membership?

Status
Not open for further replies.

firewoodtim

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just joined DNF and have been looking over the various threads and posts. One thing that strikes me, as a newbie, most strongly is the radical difference in the cost of Gold, Platinum and Exclusive memberships. I can see the advantages of going from gold to platinum (you get to sell), but it is not so clear why one should make the leap to exclusive. Can someone provide some insight into that for me?

I assume the answer varies depending on one's circumstance, so to briefly describe my situation, I am seeking to monetize (sell or develop) about 200 domains that I acquired back in the late 1990's. They are mostly one-word, generic terms, and about 40% of them are .com's. My purpose at DNF is to learn the best approaches to that overall effort and the most effective ways to implement whatever business model is appropriate for each name.

I also am open to contact/relationship/networking/affiliate opportunities that could emerge with other members at DNF.

So, given that agenda, should I upgrade to Platinum? to Exclusive? Will those memberships give me access to the answers I seek more than will Gold, or should I just nose around in my lowly gold status and sniff out the answers by posting, reading and thinking?

Tim Beckham

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Upgrading to Platinum allows you to create threads in more areas of the forum.
To some it also shows as a higher level of committment to the forum by investing in a higher level of membership.

Cheers,
j

domainoid

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
With platinum you'll be able to both buy & sell on DNF, have access to the platinum section and other things you can't do with gold.-It is worth it. Gold is too limited.

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think Platinum makes the most sense. Good luck.

Burtyboy

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Firstly Im a noob myself and I think that's a fair and reasonable question. The way I look at it is, this site has a huge amount of very specific info on it (more than any one person could digest) it is organized and user friendly. There are people on here that do this for a living and have forked out huge sums of money for their education and offer their advice freely in an attempt to help. There are also those who built up a knowledge base from their own learning but which has cost them in time. The other thing is building and administering a site like this is a huge undertaking with costs involved & personally I have no issue if they make a profit off my small contribution. The benefit is truly to the members IMO

For those reasons I think it is most definitely worth the upgrade and a decent a question to ask.

Cheers

Jamie

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Firstly Im a noob myself and I think that's a fair and reasonable question. The way I look at it is, this site has a huge amount of very specific info on it (more than any one person could digest) it is organized and user friendly. There are people on here that do this for a living and have forked out huge sums of money for their education and offer their advice freely in an attempt to help. There are also those who built up a knowledge base from their own learning but which has cost them in time. The other thing is building and administering a site like this is a huge undertaking with costs involved & personally I have no issue if they make a profit off my small contribution. The benefit is truly to the members IMO

For those reasons I think it is most definitely worth the upgrade and a decent a question to ask.

Cheers

Jamie

Very well said!

firewoodtim

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Cheers

Jamie

Sounds good. I looked into upgrading, but, since I only joined about a week ago, I couldn't help wondering if my original, single year, gold registration fee might be applicable to my upgrade to Platinum. I would probably go for the 30 year (lifetime) membership. Or do I have to pay the full price? Do any of the admins have a comment on this?

Tim B.

Johnn

Administrator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sounds good. I looked into upgrading, but, since I only joined about a week ago, I couldn't help wondering if my original, single year, gold registration fee might be applicable to my upgrade to Platinum. I would probably go for the 30 year (lifetime) membership. Or do I have to pay the full price? Do any of the admins have a comment on this?

Tim B.
All Memberships are lifetime even after your death.
Check with Chuck for upgrade information. He may have some Spring clearance pricing for you.

domainoid

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
firewoodtim check with the mods and admins about upgrading- I am sure you are given credit for your current membership so if you paid for gold when you joined upgrading to platinum is just the difference. You do not pay like a new user starting out with platinum.- But I see you are platinum already so maybe you're even thinking of exclusive :)

MAllie- I guess that's when we come back in another life.- Reincarnation or something of that sort maybe.- And would you not like to come back as a domainer only in 1995 so you can be so rich by 2013.- I wouldn't mind that at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators