Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Why some times I don't get the "transfer in auth code" ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fischermx

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Have this ever happen to you ?
I've found that in many of my domains, I just don't receive the corresponding authorization code to add the tranfers to the shopping cart.
These domains are unlocked and Im not using private services.
If I wait some days and try again, I may have luck and have them added.
Other times after wating too long I emailed them and they ran the transfers for me.
However, the question is why !?

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have found if you have a name on say Namecheap and it is a private registration sometimes when it says you can transfer it it will email [email protected] instead of you. Although I believe if you set your private registration correctly it should forward the email to your real email address. I sigh when I get a name it won't send me a transfer email on. I put it aside and forget to come back to it. Thanks for reminding me.

MessagePop

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The same happened to me. The auth mail went to RegisterFly's support instead of me.
Moniker appeared to have a trouble in parsing WHOIS records in eNom.

poulos

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i had the same issue , with the code going to support@
but i emailed them and they manually inputed the code.

James

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
seems like that regfly problem has been resolved : ) I initiated a few transfers a couple days ago and got the auth code right away....which reminds time add funds...

jim

fischermx

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Good to know. I'll try with a couple of namecheap's transfer tonight.

John Mauriello

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
fischermx said:
Good to know. I'll try with a couple of namecheap's transfer tonight.
Please be advised that when you initiate a transfer via your Moniker Account, the system sends an e-mail to the first e-mail address listed in the Whois Record for the particular domain name. Most times, it is the Administrative Contact e-mail. However, it appears that some registrars are now placing there e-mail address above the Whois record.

Because of this, our system could not locate an e-mail address to send the transfer code to.

Therefore, if you wish, we can initiate the transfer for you via our administrative interface (it does not use the transfer codes).

If you wish for us to submit the domain name(s) for you, we would need to receive an e-mail, requesting the transfer, from the e-mail address currently listed on the domain name itself. Please send this to [email protected]. This is for security purposes and to verify that the person requesting the transfer does have access to the domain name.

If the e-mail is determined to not from the current e-mail address on file for the domain name, we would be unable to submit the name for transfer.

James

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've been doing a whois check before transferring out and know if I see
Registration Service Provided By: Registerfly.com
Visit: http://www.registerfly.com
or similar i know Im screwed at moniker.com and transfer elsewhere.
Its good to know that there is a work around .
Tranfered a few last week no problems.. I guess this is only displayed for certain extensions??

jim

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You can email support at moniker and they can manually transfer in the names. I just did it with a handful of names from namecheap. The whois information is correct it is just their support email is at namecheap and can not be changed.

Reaction score
registerfly hijacks the admin email for transfer outs notices. that is the reason for this.

A few other enom resellers do this as well so be careful. YOu can always email [email protected] and we will process these for you manually and contact any registrar holding your domains hostage.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
And to note, Moniker makes it a painless transfer. You just send the email and your account id# and they do the rest. :)

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
GoDaddy has for some reason blackholed one of my former email addresses used for admin purposes. I had to change it in order for any auth code requests to come through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom