Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond
Status
Not open for further replies.

GAMEFINEST

PURE SAVAGE
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Outstanding domain security...

I love that banner..

who here agrees.. :)

Domain Days 2024

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
In 2001 I helped GoDaddy fix a security hole that involved accessing accounts of others by manipulating the cookies stored in the browser. For some reason, their lack of gratitude of any kind didn't sit well with me ever since. While I still use them for a handful of domains, I don't think they are safer than other registrars, given the volume of registrations they manage. It appears that Moniker is the most secure registrar.

Crown

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In 2001 I helped GoDaddy fix a security hole that involved accessing accounts of others by manipulating the cookies stored in the browser. For some reason, their lack of gratitude of any kind didn't sit well with me ever since. While I still use them for a handful of domains, I don't think they are safer than other registrars, given the volume of registrations they manage. It appears that Moniker is the most secure registrar.

That's not cool.... It often the culture of companies that when problems are reported the staff member who gets notified uses it as an opportunity to further their own career as opposed to giving credit where credit is due. Maybe you can find solace in that someone received a star sticker on their employment report thanks to your hidden efforts, haha

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Moniker is very good.... Godaddy has Danica

its almost even.... :pound:

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you don't mind paying gdaddy prices to look at a banner of a babe, you need to get out more :)

GAMEFINEST

PURE SAVAGE
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That's why i go to hooters, not for the food, but the honey....but i have yet to see anyone to can come close to dynadot.com, moniker imo are ok

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Main reason I use godaddy is because I can find promo codes for almost anything.

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
90% of my domains are at GoDaddy and they work fine...but Moniker is the most secure and professional registrar out there.

D

Deleted member 111831

i would transfer there because it only takes 42 minutes to login your account and update nameservers and a bit under an hour to accept a push.

John Mauriello

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
stewie-

But Moniker has Princess Bari

Last edited:

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't use GoDaddy anymore, regardless of the savings for two main reasons:

_ The 60 day transfer out policy still remains in effect for stupid instances such as the whois change. Not only for GoDaddy but for all reseller accounts under Wild West Domains

_ Someone can lie about you spamming and you have to pay a ridiculous fee without a trial to promise that you'll "never do it again" even if you never did in the first place

Plus a few other things in their TOS that I can't go retrieve at the moment but will later.

BLazeD

Selling
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Too many up-sells and an unwillingness to go the extra mile for customers. Not to mention the most bloated website ever.

Arrogance

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
60 day lockdown on the whois change and the extreme price fluctuations (other registrars too) are my only problems

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Grab a dedicated account rep and you will not be disappointed.

Upsells are a part of any successful business, this is not new to just domains.

Feel free to PM me if you have any unresolved issues and they will get resolved.

-=DCG=-

sellingonline

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

_ The 60 day transfer out policy still remains in effect for stupid instances such as the whois change. Not only for GoDaddy but for all reseller accounts under Wild West Domains

_ Someone can lie about you spamming and you have to pay a ridiculous fee without a trial to promise that you'll "never do it again" even if you never did in the first place

Plus a few other things in their TOS that I can't go retrieve at the moment but will later.

I sooooo second that - happened to me once, competitor complained about a valid newsletter subscription, I provided proof, still had to pay 200 bucks or so and say "I never do it again" -> GoDaddy === NO-NO

PS: And don't try to claim "we don't do that, we are only trying to protect you etc." - you're not, you're only trying to grow your revenue by charging virtually unavoidable fees, and you know that. over-and-out

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

These problems go away when you get an account rep...I am pretty happy with what has been going on w/godaddy over the last year.

BLazeD

Selling
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Do the personal reps give you discount pricing like we get with Moniker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom