Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond
Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I am familiar with TDNAM but this one is kinda different. It seems that I put a drop catch thingy on a domain, that once it expired it went into auction, which I won. There were no other bids.

How the heck do I pay for the domain? There is no invoice, just a link to view what I "won", despite the fact that I am required to pay by tomorrow and the domain will be handed over on the 10th. Could it be more confusing than that?

Thanks in advance.

dn-101

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
You're required to make nice to Bob Parsons... say, fisting... :smilewinkgrin:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Seriously, there is no link to pay for the damn domain.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Gerry, that was not billed as a backorder; I was entered into an auction automatically. At any rate, I will wait to see what support says.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you did backorder it through GD and pay for the backorder, simply enterering a backorder now places a bid. This is something new that GD started doing a couple of month's ago.

Previously, placing a backorder did not get entered as a bid.

You used to be able to get the name and renewal for the backorder fee.

Unless something has changed dramatically (which you can never count out), the name will automatically be put into your GD account on (or even before) the date indicated.

This can be one of the cheapest ways to get a backorder if successful.

But, now that a bid is automatically registered when the accept the backorder, this makes it difficult to "fly under the radar".

So congrats on this...usually one bid will draw attention to the name.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Thanks for the detailed explanation, Gerry :) Apparently that's what happened. I guess it's even now, the reg fee being added to the $10 winning bid makes up for the $19 (?) backorder. The thing that threw me off is the request to pay without providing a link for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom