Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Would you like to see links to HostMaria domain livestreams at DNForum?

Would you like to see links to HostMaria domain livestreams at DNForum?

• No Opinion

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Your livestreams should not be published at DN Forum

• Sign me up for a Livestream

• What is thi all about?

• Total voters

Helmuts

DNForum.com
★★★★★
Reaction score
I am the 100% owner of HostMaria.com (registered trademark of No Stress Ltd, UK), and have been doing livestreams with other domain name business professionals and/or beginners for some time.

1 of the regulars is Adam Dicker, and the moderators of DNForum are cautious allowing publishing links to these livestreams.

I would love to see how many people, here at DNForum, do think these streams are interesting to them, and beneficial to the whole domain industry as promotes domaining as real and legitimate business.

I would love to see the what are your thoughts.

Sadly, and my personal experience tells me the same, that 1 negative and angry person can destroy lots of great ideas and public activities.

Best wishes,
Helmuts

.. if admins and moderators allow this thread // if not - you can delete this, of course :)

Peace all!!

Domain summit 2024

INFORG

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Unless someone could make a solid argument against it, I don't personally see an issue with it. I've been in and out of domaining over the years and don't really recall the drama. I just remember there was some.

If there is beneficial information in the live streams, seems like it is an appropriate venue to post them?

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi

speaking only as a member, i would not like to see any spamming of a particular service on the forum.

as is, there are at least 3 members who have hostmaria in their signature.

however, if it is done, then it should be in Community Advertising section and according to posting rules for that section..

imo...

Helmuts

DNForum.com
★★★★★
Reaction score
Hi

speaking only as a member, i would not like to see any spamming of a particular service on the forum.

as is, there are at least 3 members who have hostmaria in their signature.

however, if it is done, then it should be in Community Advertising section and according to posting rules for that section..

imo...

Hi Biggie, I have 5 full-time employees. And to some of them I have given a task to learn about the domains, be active in this forum and, of course, use a proper signature. Isn't that a good business decission? :)

Best wishes,
Helmuts

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Biggie, I have 5 full-time employees. And to some of them I have given a task to learn about the domains, be active in this forum and, of course, use a proper signature. Isn't that a good business decission? :)

Best wishes,
Helmuts
Hi

well, let's look at this way

if, all of your employees are assumed to be paid workers, and they are basically here to promote your business.
then...
they/you will have promotional advantage, by having more than 1 person "singing the same song"
or co-signing "already spoken lyrics".

suppose i bring in 4 other members to solicit my domain names, all having links in their signatures to same portfolio?
suppose 5 other members each decide to hire 4 people to join and do the same thing?

and what about those who are sole proprietors?

also, if you have more employees than epik staff or dnforum staff, then what is the limit?

the other thing, which concerns your employees.
do they really have an independent interest in learning about domain names on their own?
or are they being inserted into something just to serve your business interest?

as a moderator, have already had to delete several of your employees posts around the forum, particularly in sales section. where some were bumping sales posts with comments not relating to purchasing.

seems to me, that "the boss" would read and then follow forum rules, and especially ensure that his workers did so as well.

this is all just my opinion, as it relates to balance and equity with promotions.

imo...

Helmuts

DNForum.com
★★★★★
Reaction score
Hi

well, let's look at this way

if, all of your employees are assumed to be paid workers, and they are basically here to promote your business.
then...
they/you will have promotional advantage, by having more than 1 person "singing the same song"
or co-signing "already spoken lyrics".

suppose i bring in 4 other members to solicit my domain names, all having links in their signatures to same portfolio?
suppose 5 other members each decide to hire 4 people to join and do the same thing?

and what about those who are sole proprietors?

also, if you have more employees than epik staff or dnforum staff, then what is the limit?

the other thing, which concerns your employees.
do they really have an independent interest in learning about domain names on their own?
or are they being inserted into something just to serve your business interest?

as a moderator, have already had to delete several of your employees posts around the forum, particularly in sales section. where some were bumping sales posts with comments not relating to purchasing.

seems to me, that "the boss" would read and then follow forum rules, and especially ensure that his workers did so as well.

this is all just my opinion, as it relates to balance and equity with promotions.

imo...

;) I suppose you have to try to motivate your employees to go and be active on forums, be genuine, gain new knowledge and, possibly, make new friends ;) ... just try it :D :D .. it might sound easy for us (who love forums), but for for people who "must" do this, just because the boss has said so.

.. took my team off this task already long time ago - sadly, they don't enjoy it and it results in the content written here.

:D as for epic, GoDaddy, Sedo and others > this practice doesn't come cheap.

does this answer your concerns? :)

.. and, if you wish to grow really BIG > you need a team that supports it :)

let us all grow even bigger

Helmuts

p.s. the topic was about livestreams :) .. ahhhh.. these days people are so afraid to express their thoughts :/ ... no worries..

enjoy the weekend all!!

INFORG

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think the topic was whether we are OK with links to live streams that contain Adam Dicker because of his history here. I guess most people don't remember or just weren't around for all of that?

OP is probably happy it didn't turn into a hate fest.

Neoget

Level 5
Reaction score
I think you should post more livestreams, i not know what happened in the past but i have enjoy some of your streams with Adam, which i have watch in the past months, if you love doing them then there is no barrier to posting them here, also because you are a positive person it gives you a catch to your streams.

Helmuts

DNForum.com
★★★★★
Reaction score
I think you should post more livestreams, i not know what happened in the past but i have enjoy some of your streams with Adam, which i have watch in the past months, if you love doing them then there is no barrier to posting them here, also because you are a positive person it gives you a catch to your streams.

Thank you.

Best wishes!
Helmuts

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators