Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

wVOIP the next big thing?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NameAlot.com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ok, upon doing research I've landed on wVOIP aka "Wireless Voip" which is expected to be the next big thing that can actually topple/redefine the mobile carrier industry. Hype or not? What do you guys thing. The articles I've read are quite ocnvincing. Majority of the domains are taken for it especially the major European countries and the .COM was sold not too long ago to the current firm from a domainer for good mulah. I personally don't think it's hype and owning names in it will be worth it IMHO. BUt I would like to get domainers/tech savvy people's opinions on this board about it!

Domain Days 2024

dsturbed

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Wireless Voip is definetly not hype. The biggest barrier this technology faces right now is security - I believe they overcome that challenge, the business marketspace (fortune 100, 500, etc) will buy more heavily into it as service providers will be heavily marketing it specifically towards businesses.

How far out that may be, no one knows.

Revolutionizing the marketspace as a whole is something I can definetly buy into as a developer myself - but that revolution is still a little ways off imho ;)

Best.

NameAlot.com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
but that revolution is still a little ways off imho

I really don't think so.... this isn't an industry like nanotechnology that is slow moving relatively speaking.... wireless voip technologies is already here, what it seems like to me is that the major corps have not agreed on standards yet and plenty of mid-big size business have already been implementing or looking to implement such technologies in their infrastructure.... but imho opinion, the revolution is already at hand and I think in the next 1-2 years substantial progress will be had to the point where we will be seeing wvoip cellphones.. meaning cellphones that operate via internet lines then satelites and landlines phone will slowly move into obscurity.

dsturbed

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Trentino said:
I really don't think so.... this isn't an industry like nanotechnology that is slow moving relatively speaking.... wireless voip technologies is already here, what it seems like to me is that the major corps have not agreed on standards yet and plenty of mid-big size business have already been implementing or looking to implement such technologies in their infrastructure.... but imho opinion, the revolution is already at hand and I think in the next 1-2 years substantial progress will be had to the point where we will be seeing wvoip cellphones.. meaning cellphones that operate via internet lines then satelites and landlines phone will slowly move into obscurity.

a little ways off = 1-2 years in internet years.

Look Im not saying that the technology isn't there... but with the security concerns surrounding the technology, it can limit is overall adoption.

Did you know it's perfectly legal for someone to call up your cellular provider (soon voip service provider) pretending to be you and get a record of all your calls, hence, getting records for every person you may've called. VoIP would fall under the same loophole... most businesses don't know that. Think about the damage one can inflict!

That's just one scenario regarding the security aspect of voip

I don't know...

hookah

Semi-Netizen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Seems to be a logical next step for VOIP tech and some companies already investing in "enabling roaming between cell phone systems and IP networks". There is the wVOIP 2006 event in San Francisco too. I'll definitely invest in this kind of names.
Thanks for info, hookah

NameAlot.com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've noticed in the past few weeks, most of the European countries have been purchased. All the major countries are gone, except for France probably because of their restrictions.... so I purchased 2 ccTLDs myself and a few .COMs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom