Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Yahoo consolidation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nameable

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
And now they've followed suit with altavista.

Even Marketleap has removed the two from their publinkpop engine.

This brings about the question... what are your favorite SE's for linkpop evaluation?

WebCat

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I know one thing- Google is having massive problems with "losing" websites, and a LOT of people are complaining. As a result of this as well as Yahoo's determined efforts to improve, Yahoo may again become the dominant force in the SE world.

Here's one small example. I have a site that was spidered by Googlebot, then was indexed and showed up in serps. Then it disappeared. Completely! Then it reappeared again...? All the while, it retained a solid position in Yahoo's DB.

I began to investigate and found this was happening to thousands of people as Google screws around with it's algo in real time. That SUCKS!

Also- it seems like AllTheWeb "linkpop" results have become useless. I've been finding that ANY iteration of the search phrase is showing up as a "link", whiuch is bogus. For example- if you search on "dogfood.com", they might find a reference to a sentence like, "your dog eats dog food. Commercially available....."

Then they will list that portion as a "link"! Net result, I've seen AllTheWeb "link" numbers have go through the roof.

I don't know what's happening over there. :-(

ToastyX

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nameable said:
And now they've followed suit with altavista.

Even Marketleap has removed the two from their publinkpop engine.

This brings about the question... what are your favorite SE's for linkpop evaluation?

I have found MSN to be the most accurate for link popularity.

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah... google always "lose" my sites.. pisses me off!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom