Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

solved You can now delete your posts and threads (Bug Fix)

Dear DNForum Community,

We were brought to attention that both thread and post deletions were not working. I was liable for the mistake and we have since removed the addon causing problems. Now, deleting works just fine. Special thanks to @MattW for pointing out the problem.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and appreciate your patience. Now you have the power of deletion in your hands😁.

Best regards,
Prashanna

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi

when it comes to sales threads, there could be a potential problem if posts, content or threads are deleted during a negotiation.

so, it would be prudent for one who is engaged in such, to "quote" any pertinent information as "proof of statements" should a discrepancy arise.

also, there should be a time limit for deletions. ie: after X number of days have passed.
because if every member decides to come back and remove every post they made, then there wouldn't be any content left on the forum.

imo...

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
when it comes to sales threads, there could be a potential problem if posts, content or threads are deleted during a negotiation.
Xenforo offers a hard delete in which the post is completely removed and a soft delete where it's visible to those with permissions (probably you, and if not, it should be set to "Yes" for the moderator group you're assigned to in the ACP > Groups & permissions > *Group* > Forum moderator permissions > View deleted threads / posts as well as Undelete threads / posts so that you can bring those back to life if a problem arises).
We'll have logs to identify the "proof of statements"
Here I think they're confirming that all posts deleted by us members are soft-deleted and you should be able as a moderator/admin to see them and undelete them if warranted.

To add, edit history is also saved. So, people thinking they can get around the soft delete can't just edit things out and think they've disappeared forever too.

MapleDots

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Helmuts has the account deletion feature set as well. I'm pretty sure that is all hard delete.

I'm not in favour of account deletions because it can create real havoc in the forum time lines.

Almost all users have a rough day here and there and I can see users regretting account deletions as they discover domaining again in the future.

MapleDots

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I was looking at this again and if that extension is used what is the difference just changing the account name?

So if a member asks for a delete simply change the user name to Member #101 or something?

DNF Admin

Administrator
Reaction score
I was looking at this again and if that extension is used what is the difference just changing the account name?

So if a member asks for a delete simply change the user name to Member #101 or something?
Yes, the plugin doesn't hard delete users, but we allow for a hard delete if a user wants to. @Helmuts wants users to have ownership over their posts.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom