Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

You know when you buy too many names when...

Status
Not open for further replies.

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just tried to buy talkps2.com from someone at ONE_SITE...he replied "umm you bought that from me last week at ANOTHER_SITE."

This is when you know you buy too much.

lol

Site names have been changed so as not to go against the rules here.

peter

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
labrocca: if you are interested in similar names********* I own ******

[mod]You know better!

Read the rules page.[/mod]

Prosperous

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
labrocca said:
I just tried to buy talkps2.com from someone at ONE_SITE...he replied "umm you bought that from me last week at ANOTHER_SITE."

lol
You also know when you buy too many names when you feel the urge to post a post on a domain forum that starts out with "You know when you buy too many names when...". :wink: :-D

croupier

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Or, like I did today, you check the whois data and find your name on it lol

Prosperous

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
domaindruid said:
lol!
Actually, I did something similar today, looking up the whois for a .INFO (of a name for which I already had the .com .net .org and .us versions). And the weird thing is, I did absolutely NOT reg the .INFO name in question but it DID have all MY (correct) whois listed, including the email address!!??!!

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Prosperous said:
lol!
Actually, I did something similar today, looking up the whois for a .INFO (of a name for which I already had the .com .net .org and .us versions). And the weird thing is, I did absolutely NOT reg the .INFO name in question but it DID have all MY (correct) whois listed, including the email address!!??!!

let me guess... the rest were reggd at enom

Prosperous

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No, I had heard about that eNom thing. But, the .com/.net/.org and .us (oh, and I also have the .co.uk) were reg'd at various registrars, and over the years have been transfered to Reg.Fly. (But) the .com was originally reg'd at Directnic in 2000. The .INFO in question is reg'd via (what looks like) an eNom reseller, though.

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
One of the registrars automatically gives you the .info (dotster.com?) if you register the .com and the .info is available.

DNGeeks

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
<quote>Or, like I did today, you check the whois data and find your name on it lol</quote>

I did that yesterday. I searched for a name and the perfect one came up and it was registered. I was pissed until I clicked on the whois.

Prosperous

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
labrocca said:
One of the registrars automatically gives you the .info (dotster.com?) if you register the .com and the .info is available.
Yes, eNom did that I think.
But, the .com was originally reg'd at Directnic (in 2000), and is currently at Reg.Fly. (I never reg'd at names at Dotster, btw)

The .INFO version of the name was reg'd at the super expensive Sipence.com in Sept. 2004 (an eNom reseller, it seems). Never got notified about it being reg'd for me, plus, if they reg'd it 'for me', well, I do not have an account there at Sipence so I can't log in and stuff to manage this domain?

Hmm, OK, let's not go too off-topic here, sorry labrocca!

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
regfly = enom reseller
sipence = enom

you can login to sipence with your enom account id and password

diverge

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Haha. I thought I was the only one stupid enough to forget what domains I've registered! I've done everything above... thanks for making me feel in good company, guys!

Togoodhlth

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
labrocca said:

lol

Site names have been changed so as not to go against the rules here.

LOL!
I was cleaning up my desktop a month or so ago and clicked on a file which had a bunch of notes and some images and code etc. I looked around and realized it was information for a site I had purchased and I had totally forgot I bought it.

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Togoodhlth said:
LOL!
I was cleaning up my desktop a month or so ago and clicked on a file which had a bunch of notes and some images and code etc. I looked around and realized it was information for a site I had purchased and I had totally forgot I bought it.

oh that happens to me every day

unclewilco

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
domaindruid said:

just did it! , when looking at a couple of shed names, thinking wish I had that keyword one.. then checkd and i DID!

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You know when you buy too many names when...

you strain your eyes trying to read Prosperous's light grey posts in the hope that you have something in common :-D

Togoodhlth

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
unclewilco said:
just did it! , when looking at a couple of shed names, thinking wish I had that keyword one.. then checkd and i DID!

LOL, I can relate to this one wilco!

bocajohnh

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
you get excited about .in or .jp opening up and start trying to reg dictionary words there, thinking that maybe, just maybe, no one in those countries have heard of "sex", "computer" or "internet"....

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom