Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

YOUR biggest .us sale?

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What is the most you have sold a .us name for (please post the name as well to make it intresting).

I have only had like $60 sales but I know I can get more for the ones I have.

URLtrader

Domain Champ
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I sold BondBrokers.us but cannot disclose the price due to an understanding with the buyer.

I refused $9000 for Genetics.us and $3500 for Nanotech.us

peter

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I can not beleive you refused $9k for genetics.us !!

anyways, did you sell bondbrokers.us for more or less :D :D

Wot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The only way is up!Many offers. I sold one for, $950 last year, did not even know I had sucessfully registered it until contacted by the buyer!

Have a small selection at www.perfectname.us

bitequator

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Incidentally I bought "pkl.us" just recently. 'twas my first aftermarket domain purchase, strictly for personal email use (a backup domain actually). It was late at night, I settled on US$180, and just wanted to get some opinions here. :) I don't want to cry over spilt milk (and don't plan to sell the domain), it just helps to learn from experience.

I'm clueless about appraisal values, I just wanted the domain for personal reasons and saw that it was likely not in use and took a shot. Solely in that regard though, I think I got carried away a bit over what I could easily afford...

Funny thing, I'd self-justified my interest in the .US since I've been paying $50/yr for my .CC email domain thru eNom and figure switching domain would save $ in the long run. Plus I was still frustrated about a lost opportunity with a related .ORG (http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=198823#post198823). Oh the irony :)

BTW what's the standard procedure to conduct domain purchases? Seller had mentioned that this was a quick deal, I'm curious.

P.S. Sorry if this is posted in the wrong forum...

Wot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you are happy with the price you paid for pkl.us and you are going to use it then the price is right!

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am not trying to sell any .US at this point in time, but have accepted $250 each for a couple I received unsolicited offers for. The buyer may not want the names disclosed so I won't do that. In general though, selling .US now is like selling eggs instead of chickens. If you wait a few years you are likely to get 25 times more money for each one. I'm more than willing to wait and develop the better names while waiting for the general public to learn about the extension.

hhunterjr

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Timechange,

Did you sell mythology.us or are you saying that you don't believe that .us domains will increase in value over time.

hhunterjr

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Time change has just contacted me and cleared up my question.

He actually sold mythology.us.

hhunterjr

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Time change didn't say how much he sold Mythology.us for and that may be confidential.

I don't think that the dnforum.com feature (of getting emails from responses to threads that you've subscribed to) is working at the moment.

You may have to PM Time Change or email him to ask about the selling price of mythology.us.

zouzas

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by hhunterjr
Time change didn't say how much he sold Mythology.us for and that may be confidential.

I don't think that the dnforum.com feature (of getting emails from responses to threads that you've subscribed to) is working at the moment.

You may have to PM Time Change or email him to ask about the selling price of mythology.us.

oh,,,,,,,,,, thanks for the info,,,,,,,,,,,:) :)

by the way i got a solicitation for doctors.us the guy said to make an offer over 100k cause big health companys were bidding,,,,is it worth it?? that would be nice i got eDoctor.us and eDoctors.us:) :) :) :) :)

options

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by zouzas

by the way i got a solicitation for doctors.us the guy said to make an offer over 100k cause big health companys were bidding,,,,is it worth it?? that would be nice i got eDoctor.us and eDoctors.us:) :) :) :) :)

I don't think any domain domain name (undeveloped) at the moment is worth $100K.

hhunterjr

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
To an end user, doctors.us may worth $100k (even undeveloped). It would be a one time investment for the end user and the end user could probably write that off on taxes. After being developed and advertised, the domain doctors.us could get the investment back in a hurry.

But for a reseller - spending $100k on a domain and then trying to sell the name for $150K or $200K to make a profit is a big gamble. I'm not a big gambler like that. But if you're a big gambler - then go for it.

In either case (as an end user or reseller) I would try to get some type of verification that the big companies were bidding that much on that domain right now. It may very well be true or the seller could be feeding you a line of B.S.

zouzas

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by hhunterjr
To an end user, doctors.us may worth $100k (even undeveloped). It would be a one time investment for the end user and the end user could probably write that off on taxes. After being developed and advertised, the domain doctors.us could get the investment back in a hurry.

But for a reseller - spending $100k on a domain and then trying to sell the name for $150K or $200K to make a profit is a big gamble. I'm not a big gambler like that. But if you're a big gambler - then go for it.

In either case (as an end user or reseller) I would try to get some type of verification that the big companies were bidding that much on that domain right now. It may very well be true or the seller could be feeding you a line of B.S.

i agree,,,i still think big companies haven't figured out how to use domains and websites for marketing,,in other words companies advertsing budgets on monthly news and media print are huge as compared to a one time investment for a name and website or different names and websites that goes 24x7 from that point on with 0 advertsing expenses.:)

DNS Kidd

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
doctors.com is advertising a cookbook and some health links, not a lot of money there.

doctors.net - undeveloped.

doctors.org - undeveloped

doctors.info/biz/cc/ws - undeveloped.

About the same for the singular names, zilch.

"Big health companies were bidding" right, in his dreams they were.

I don't see $100k anywhere this name, singular or plural. Reg fee. :)

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
My biggest .US sale: $0 :laugh:

-Bob

buddy

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Bob
My biggest .US sale: $0 :laugh:

-Bob

That is $0 more than me! :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom