Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

youtube and utube gone in almost all tlds

Status
Not open for further replies.

mistermouse63

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
youtube is bought in any tld at eurodns (asiadns too) which is not surprising at all. utube is also almost gone (except: .gr, co.ee, com.es, .ro, .sg, .tw). i remember that just a few months ago many were still available. that was a great time to grab a few nice ones. i wish i would have grabbed more... after all traffic is increasing with every month. do you think that youtube and utube in various tlds (and with traffic) will have greater demand and prices than usual?

Domain Days 2024

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't think people will type in anything but the .com on this one. It's already been branded in people's minds. Why would they type in the .de?

uTube is a bit different, and they can go after all the new regs as TM violations. The .com is safe though since it's been owned for years before YouTube even existed.

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
if you talk to people who own youtube.fr, youtube.it or utube version of those cctld, the traffic is increasing every month. people in europe think of their cctlds more than .com

mistermouse63

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
simon is totally right. europeans often type in well known names with their national ccTLD. i can personally confirm this with exact numbers (traffic increased about 60-80% during the last 5 months). and as for TM issues - there's really nothing google can do in most countries as Youtube was never regged there as a trademark. even if it gets regged as a trademark in the whole world, the domain with youtube or utube will be older than the trademark itself and according to laws in many countries nothing can be legally done to take such domains away. besides europeans dont really have the culture thing of going to courts as much as the US people do

olebean

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
if you talk to people who own youtube.fr, youtube.it or utube version of those cctld, the traffic is increasing every month. people in europe think of their cctlds more than .com

In the main I agree with simon, cctld are dominant in Europe (other than UK which is debatable) .com is secondary

mistermouse63

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
nah i think youtube will remain youtube... in a way its a brand already. stuff like gootube or googtube just sounds weird

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It would be like if MSN bought MySpace and called it MSN Space... :-D

They actually have a section of MSN called MSN Spaces.. and it's horrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom