Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

moniker New Moniker's System

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Moniker.

airmax

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I really do not want to give my cc to a buggy system, I liked renewing domains, seeing them in my cart, and paying however I like.

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ok...more big problems coming up with moniker! i just got off the phone with snapnames/web.com and apparently all domains that were caught via any other former moniker registrar is going to be moved to networksolutions. So, despite these domains being in my moniker account right now (most of them anyways) and even paying for renewals on them with moniker...they do not belong to moniker as when looking them up they have registrars like bullrundomains.com, frontstreetdomains.com, etc and reference [email protected]. of course, no one was told anything about this. i knew about domains that were caught after february were going to netsol, as they already have but these are domains purchased years ago through snapnames...the fun continues.

dodo1

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ok...more big problems coming up with moniker! i just got off the phone with snapnames/web.com and apparently all domains that were caught via any other former moniker registrar is going to be moved to networksolutions. So, despite these domains being in my moniker account right now (most of them anyways) and even paying for renewals on them with moniker...they do not belong to moniker as when looking them up they have registrars like bullrundomains.com, frontstreetdomains.com, etc and reference [email protected]. of course, no one was told anything about this. i knew about domains that were caught after february were going to netsol, as they already have but these are domains purchased years ago through snapnames...the fun continues.
Yeah, having lots of trouble with domains bought via SnapNames, too. They're now at NetSol. The problem is, when requesting auth codes from NetSol, they keep sending me emails that do not contain the auth code but an empty field... Also, this is an automated process that takes exactly three days and customer support does not reply to emails. SnapNames support only refers to NetSol. Any professional companies left in this industry?

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah, having lots of trouble with domains bought via SnapNames, too. They're now at NetSol. The problem is, when requesting auth codes from NetSol, they keep sending me emails that do not contain the auth code but an empty field... Also, this is an automated process that takes exactly three days and customer support does not reply to emails. SnapNames support only refers to NetSol. Any professional companies left in this industry?
i knew some domains caught this year from snapnames were going to netsol, i have some there and its fine but its all these other ones. i have paid moniker to renew them when they aren't even their domains anymore, not to mention i've lost some, they were sold off and web.com says if you had any domains more than a couple weeks expired they are gone, you won't be getting them back. no one told anyone this when snapnames was sold. i am fucking livid.

patents

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Please keep all documentation (records, emails, printouts, writings of your conversations and any screenshots) of all your interactions and dealings during this period.

We plan to follow up with them until these issues are resolved and all documents and paperwork that can help with will likely be of great use. Thanks.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What an F'ing nightmare!!!!

Since they went live with the change, one of my names pointed to sedo suddenly went from 100+ clicks a day to 1 and $13+ per day to zero$$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So PISSED.

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'll risk the CC problem over the problem of a lost domain. A lost domain can be lost forever. A claim to the credit card company just requires a phone call and some faxing.

Moniker is going to be out of business after this. I can't see them retaining customers.

People losing money and domains should keep good records. The class-action I'm going to bet will put these guys out of business. No way they are going to get away with this crap.

NexSite

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
had to look around to see if I was the only person having issues. WTF? How can they take the best domain interface, created by a domainer for domainers, and totally scrap jack it. Can you say F**K on this forum? I have spent untold hours trying to figure things out, and now that I figured out how to renew about 30 names on the brink, I have like 110 freaking emails that all look the same in subject. What was so damned wrong with a few clicks and a simple email to renew 30, 50, or 100 names? Why do you have to ruin it? Looks like the monker party is over. I got an account early when Monte opened her up, so sad to see what has happened to the gem he created. We need another domainer to make a dedicated registrar for our portfolios. these wankers have no clue what they are doing.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
fI have spent untold hours trying to figure things out
The only thing I can figure out is their DNS changes submitted are not actually changing! How can that be? Anyone else having these issues?

Hell, I'd leave them in a heartbeat but I have $0.33 in my cash account that I don't want to lose.

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just spent ten minutes on their site trying to figure out how to renew two domains that are expiring today. I gave up and fortunately found this thread. Now I have to wait to receive confirmation emails to find out whether they are renewed? This is a nightmare. Time to transfer the others out.

Johnn

Administrator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

So from this interview Bonnie admitted a couple of things:
- They did not do a good test before bringing it to live
- They did not talk to Moniker Software Engineers because they are gone (so they guess what needed to be done?)

So now we can clearly see why there are so many problems with the new system: There is no communication with Moniker and they blamed because they fired all the software people

Anyhow - We all know that we have to learn with any software because of the new interface and features but they can't even handle the basic requirements:

1. Be able to select the payment method at the check out and see what the total is - Now we have to select a single one to renew and don't even see what the total is until it's too late.
2. The system sends SPAM email for EVERY SINGLE name is about to expire vs one email with all the names are about to expired.
3. Navigation is suck - We have smart members here and they can't even find their way around the new system.
4. Paper trail for each transaction is not clear. After you renew the names - You have to spend time to go through the emails and match with what in the system to make sure that you are not screwed.
5. We have SEVERAL Moniker Members here and they are all SHUT UP and not even offer to help - May be Bonnie told them not to.
6. And many more ..... but these are the key points which needed to be solved quickly.

Last edited:

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
..and John...I do not like that there is no way to remove my credit card on file....I can add more CC's but no way to remove or edit the current one. ugh!

(...or maybe someone could enlighten me if there is something I am missing)

airmax

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
..and John...I do not like that there is no way to remove my credit card on file....I can add more CC's but no way to remove or edit the current one. ugh!

(...or maybe someone could enlighten me if there is something I am missing)

I can't find that function either, still looking for moniker to have a cart, and approve checkout for renewals.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just got this from Sedo.

Moniker = Fail
Sedo = Fail

I have been going around and around with a rep at Sedo. Traffic, clicks, earnings have dropped to nearly nothing.

He has been telling me that everything looks normal. Oh??? One domain that goes from 160-180 clicks a day suddenly drops to 2?

Yup, he says...looks normal.

Now this:

Moniker, one of our SedoMLS Premium registrars, upgraded their systems recently which causes SedoMLS to be temporarily unavailable. This change will affect both listing Moniker registered domains on the SedoMLS network and SedoMLS domains sold at Moniker.
We will notify you again when they are back online. Thank you for your understanding.
Best regards
Your Sedo Team

Honestly, This is exactly what I have been telling Moniker and Sedo for the past couple of days and I have been repeatedly told...looks normal.

dodo1

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just logged into my account again and guess what, all domains have been UNLOCKED since yesterday and all groups are gone. So I have to manually do these changes all over AGAIN?! Seriously, the deleted groups are annoying, but unlocking domains is just plain wrong. This may never happen, unless initiated by the owner of the domain! I might not have that many domains with them anymore since I retired from domaining in 2007, but some of the domains I still have there point to actual business websites, making them extremely valuable to me. This is getting worse instead of better.

Since they went live with the change, one of my names pointed to sedo suddenly went from 100+ clicks a day to 1 and $13+ per day to zero$$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you use domain forwarding instead of Sedo's name servers, make sure that the URL is correct. Domain forwarding does not properly work in the new Moniker system in some cases, e.g. it might change http:// to http// or completely leave that part out. Strange thing is that the bug seems to be random and sometimes only affects subdomains, such as www.

shimmy

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Every day seems like they are breaking the site even more. Today when I login all the domains I had set not to renew says they will auto renew.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you use domain forwarding instead of Sedo's name servers, make sure that the URL is correct. Domain forwarding does not properly work in the new Moniker system in some cases, e.g. it might change http:// to http// or completely leave that part out. Strange thing is that the bug seems to be random and sometimes only affects subdomains, such as www.
I am using Sedo's name servers.

This bug makes no sense at all since everything "appears" normal.

I am losing money each day. I have asked for assistance from moniker to move names out and I have gotten no response.

Johnn

Administrator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just trying to deposit $100 to the account from Paypal. Guess what it tooks $100 from Paypal and also $100 from my Credit Card (again without my permission)

Just so you know now I work full time for Moniker trying to figure out what was wrong with my account with all these bugs.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom